Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last 7 months the short term investment thread is very predictable, any bad news is either ignored or dismissed while repeating 2020 & 2025 projections, the number of contributors who participate here has definitely declined IMO.

Lump, I disagree with your claim here. Of all the members who post contrarian views, Maoing does so with the most frequency. His views are not dismissed. Instead, they are responded to with a few words of agreement by some and lots of words of disagreement by others. Those who disagree generally map out their reasons for disagreeing and are civil about how they do so. I suggest if you disagree with the majority viewpoint, post your views and let's get a discussion going. You've made some good calls with puts and other protective moves in the past, and many members here respect your opinions even if they often disagree with them.

- - - Updated - - -

I love to hear this. New investor who bought in at 187.00 a few days back. I am Canadian so I get dinged with foreign exchange fees if I trade it. I will be holding it forever so it is a non-issue. I won't be selling - even if she dips to $100 bucks. That is how much faith I have in the long term viability of TSLA. We are finally starting to see some Superchargers in Alberta. My next vehicle will be the Model 3.

PSS: I NEED MY PIECE OF THE AMERICAN DREAM :)

Calgaryarsenal- Welcome to the ranks of Tesla shareholders! Your disincentive to actively trade your stock may be an advantage in the long run. Keep an eye on the threads just to be sure that the company is staying on track for the long run, and enjoy the ride. It's gonna be a wild one!

I am long Tsla, and have an order for 85D with delivery in September. And guess what? Yeah I don´t have a drivers license! Will get it this summer :) I guess I never got excited about fossil cars..felt something was not right about them, and always lived in city of Oslo, so really did not need a car. Once Tesla came along I knew what to do!

Btw, deliveries for March will be great for Norway. Might pass 1000.. Go Tesla!

I am long Tsla, and have an order for 85D with delivery in September. And guess what? Yeah I don´t have a drivers license! Will get it this summer :) I guess I never got excited about fossil cars..felt something was not right about them, and always lived in city of Oslo, so really did not need a car. Once Tesla came along I knew what to do!

Btw, deliveries for March will be great for Norway. Might pass 1000.. Go Tesla![/QUOTE]

Can you expand on why you think deliveries in Norway for March are at or over 1,000 cars? Thanks, and welcome to the forum.

Latest short interest was released today and is up significantly (> 1.5 million shares) since the last reporting period.

Combined with recent consolidation and extremely light trading volume I am very bullish leading up to Q1 earnings and positioned appropriately.

Hi, thanks.
The explanation is given on the EU outlook thread. Based on government vehicle registrations. As of yesterday, there were a total of 559 deliveries in March, with 188 coming yesterday. (Tuesday) And many more are expected, the last days of March.

People here are stoked on about the D..

And people here are stoked about Norway deliveries:smile:

Go Norway:cool:

Enjoy your car

Hi, thanks.
The explanation is given on the EU outlook thread. Based on government vehicle registrations. As of yesterday, there were a total of 559 deliveries in March, with 188 coming yesterday. (Tuesday) And many more are expected, the last days of March.

People here are stoked on about the D..
Excellent: Thank you.

And people here are stoked about Norway deliveries:smile:

Go Norway:cool:

Enjoy your car
You have to love the Norwegians! :wink:

I touched on board sentiment back on 3-9-15 when the stock was around $190 the night before the FudBunker was created #2981

For the last 7 months the short term investment thread is very predictable, any bad news is either ignored or dismissed while repeating 2020 & 2025 projections, the number of contributors who participate here has definitely declined IMO.

There's been a lot more activity in the Model X threads. That's where I've been hanging out.

The truth is that I use the short term TSLA thread for news as much as interest in stock movements. Without much news to drive the stock price up or down, I feel less incentive to participate. Of course, this will change a bit with the close of Q1 '15 and anticipation for the next quarterly report.

Lump, I disagree with your claim here. Of all the members who post contrarian views, Maoing does so with the most frequency. His views are not dismissed. Instead, they are responded to with a few words of agreement by some and lots of words of disagreement by others.
Maoing's contributions have been steller & my hats of to him for being a lone voice most of the time, his China analysis has been invaluable.

Latest short interest was released today and is up significantly (> 1.5 million shares) since the last reporting period.

Combined with recent consolidation and extremely light trading volume I am very bullish leading up to Q1 earnings and positioned appropriately.

If it looked expensive for shorts at $190s, it'll sure look expensive at $200s, we may just get more all the way till earnings. From CC I remember Elon stated stationary storage announcement will be in the April timeframe, hopefully we get a tweet about it in a couple weeks setting us up for a nice breakout.

Today was an odd day for the US markets, pressured by low factory data in China, yet Tesla is up again for the third day in a row (I honestly can't remember the last time we had three straight green days hahah).

It' always good to receive new members from countries other than the U.S., welcome all, I hope you're in this for the long haul.

Took a short term bullish stance right after Q4ER (2014-02-12) as I thought some conclusions in the press on the numbers given in Q4ER and SP move have been blown out of proportion to the negative side.
Was rewarded nicely during the rebound of the stock that took a couple of days (till 2012-02-19/20).
Took a bullish stance again during the several day run up before the press conference on SW version 6.2 (2014-03.11 till 2014-03-19).
Got a nice portfolio bump from this one too.

This is in deed very good medcine for my portfolio as some longer term calls are still a little under water;)
Still holding my long term share position and added just a few during the last couple of days as I think FUD volume is decreasing and the Tersla story is still damn good.

What I am currently interested in is similar moves in the near term future.
Following occasions might come to one's mind:
- EM is in China and joins a conference with Bill Gates this week
- global delivery numbers for March and thus Q1ER next week
- press conference for stationary storage next month
- next press conference on SW version 7.0 in about 4 months

What events do others see in the near term future that might be / might not be tradeable?

Happy investing.

BTW:
German car mag "Auto Motor und Sport" put a Model S P85D against a Mercedes CLS 63 AMG to determine who has the better AWD system (here is the cover of their current edition).
I bought the car mag as I wanted to read the full story.
Guess what, they conclude that Tesla AWD is a lot better because it is drastically quicker in shifting power between the wheels (no more valves, just electrons flowing).
P85D: Cheaper, quicker, more HP, more spacious, superior AWD
CLS: Better handling in turns, way better engine sound.
That's it, very positive review for Model S.

Status
Not open for further replies.