Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Localizing production of the batteries for Electric Vehicles makes a ton of sense. It reduces the import duties in countries that have import duties on Electric Vehicles, allows all continents to benefit from the "Electric Vehicle Supply Chain", and reduces the costs Tesla incurs when batteries need to be serviced or replaced. Also, it reduces the cost of producing the final vehicle (resulting in higher margins for Tesla) and stimulates the shipping industry, along with numerous other industries in all continents.

What is this image on the top right of TMC? There was a different image on the top left side yesterday.

image.jpg

So who wants to own TSLA over the 3-day weekend? Monday morning open guesses? Had a lot of good news this week to be digested by retail investors. I'm guessing $196 open at 9:30am EST Monday.

You may be on to something. Tesla pre-announced good first quarter sales and earnings news late on Easter Sunday 2013 (early Monday in some time zones - March 31-April 1) which sent the share price skyrocketing. Sunday April 5 is Easter this year. Elon seems to have been in a spirited mood lately. Some of the more alert analysts may have noticed that too.

Geez if this isn't a sign that Tesla beat guidance this time around. The following was posted today, April 2nd, on the teslamotors.com forums:
barrykmd said:
My 85D sitting at the Denver SC for 2 days now. Still haven't gotten a call from them. DS tells me they are very busy and it should be some time next week.
So maybe it showed up yesterday morning but even then they probably would have rushed the truck if they needed it.

Geez if this isn't a sign that Tesla beat guidance this time around. The following was posted today, April 2nd, on the teslamotors.com forums:

So maybe it showed up yesterday morning but even then they probably would have rushed the truck if they needed it.

Not to be a Debbie downer but we all seem to look only for positive signs of a quarterly beat each quarter (me included). We need some bears on here like Maoing was last quarter to try and temper our expectations I think

Not to be a Debbie downer but we all seem to look only for positive signs of a quarterly beat each quarter (me included). We need some bears on here like Maoing was last quarter to try and temper our expectations I think

Ok, Debbie, your expectations are way out of line. You don't deserve good things to happen to you or your stock. You should be depressed, discouraged and dreading further decline. In no way should you be happy, hopeful or optimistic about yourself or your choice of investments. Bad things happen to you. They always do. So why should you expect any better this time?

There. Is that what you needed? Anytime, or just call your mom. ;)

PS. That was extreme sarcasm meant for your own good.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, what I want to say is, enjoy feeling hopeful and optimistic. And know that things will not always be like this. Just as hope and optimism come to an end, so doubt and pessimism will come to an end too. It is all a ride. So enjoy the ride.

Many around here said 9500 delivers was setting the bar pretty low (sandbagging), what happens if they finally beat after missing 2 Qtrs & the market shrugs & focusess on other areas? Play bear this weekend & make a list of questions from an impartial standpoint, not an owner or TMC.

Ok, Debbie, your expectations are way out of line. You don't deserve good things to happen to you or your stock. You should be depressed, discouraged and dreading further decline. In no way should you be happy, hopeful or optimistic about yourself or your choice of investments. Bad things happen to you. They always do. So why should you expect any better this time?

There. Is that what you needed? Anytime, or just call your mom. ;)

PS. That was extreme sarcasm meant for your own good.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, what I want to say is, enjoy feeling hopeful and optimistic. And know that things will not always be like this. Just as hope and optimism come to an end, so doubt and pessimism will come to an end too. It is all a ride. So enjoy the ride.

yes, I am definitely in a Debbie downer mood with this stock...I'm a long term stock holder now for the past year or so though (except for some 2016 and 2017 LEAPs)...I hope I'm wrong, but every quarter I see this excitement build up around here and I usually am part of it, but I've learned my lesson that it could be a long time before the market is pleasantly surprised enough from earnings to move the share price up more than a few percent...maybe by the end of the year or early next year once the X ramps up too

yes, I am definitely in a Debbie downer mood with this stock...I'm a long term stock holder now for the past year or so though (except for some 2016 and 2017 LEAPs)...I hope I'm wrong, but every quarter I see this excitement build up around here and I usually am part of it, but I've learned my lesson that it could be a long time before the market is pleasantly surprised enough from earnings to move the share price up more than a few percent...maybe by the end of the year or early next year once the X ramps up too

We are in the same 'camp'. I may have pitched the tent a little earlier ( in the Debbie downer campground ) than you but I think the market yawns a lot until X becomes a hit and we see a model3 prototype. So, despite some short term 'gambling' with small amounts I have stock and J17s

edit: Not saying we can't hit $240-250 this year just not seeing back to ATH until 2016

This is *precisely* the indicator that this quarter is what you had been hoping for, but are now virtually giving up on.

I hope you're right, but my expectation is that you're not.

- - - Updated - - -

We are in the same 'camp'. I may have pitched the tent a little earlier ( in the Debbie downer campground ) than you but I think the market yawns a lot until X becomes a hit and we see a model3 prototype. So, despite some short term 'gambling' with small amounts I have stock and J17s

My portfolio luckily pitched its tent about a year ago luckily even though I hope each quarter for short term gains...but I've had to roll 250 16 LEAPs to 310 17 LeAPs already now (for even money) because I'm nervous that it may be a year before the market wakes back up with TSLA as that is how long it might be until X gets fully ramped up to current S levels while S maintains (or exceeds current levels)

Status
Not open for further replies.