Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a source

PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 04/03/15 -- Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) delivered 10,030 cars in Q1 of 2015, which is a new company record for the most deliveries in a quarter and represents a 55% increase over Q1 last year.

Going forward, Tesla will publish the number of new car deliveries within three days of quarter end. We have decided to take this approach, because inaccurate sources of information are sometimes used by others to project the number of vehicle deliveries.

There may be small changes to this delivery count (usually well under 1%), as Tesla only counts a delivery if it is transferred to the end customer and all paperwork is correct.

Also, this is only one measure of our financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of our quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

ABOUT TESLA
Tesla Motors' (NASDAQ: TSLA) goal is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transport with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures electric vehicles, as well as EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered nearly 70,000 electric vehicles to customers worldwide.

I...I don't know how I made that happen. But uh, cool! While I'm at it:

Elon, pre-release Q1 sales info today -- ready. GO.

While I'm at it:

Quick Elon, hire me as a personal special assistant Tesla advocate and champion for an obscene amount of money! :cool:

Seriously though, my wife just told me to go buy lottery tickets. Not options, but lottery tickets. Uncanny week I had.

Y'all can interpret this how you want, but I immediately thought 'short squeeze coming' when ML called me earlier in the week to talk about my 'consolidated position' in one account & encourage me to diversify. At 6am PST. (I politely thanked him for his concern & pointed out the other retail and investment accounts I had.)

While I'm at it:

Quick Elon, hire me as a personal special assistant Tesla advocate and champion for an obscene amount of money! :cool:

Seriously though, my wife just told me to go buy lottery tickets. Not options, but lottery tickets. Uncanny week I had.

I was thinking about your post too. I think TMC should give itself a pat on the back, the calm collected heads here have developed quite the "gut instinct" for quarterly beats/misses. Whatever the case, it feels a lot like a sequel to the 2013 trilogy :biggrin:

Y'all can interpret this how you want, but I immediately thought 'short squeeze coming' when ML called me earlier in the week to talk about my 'consolidated position' in one account & encourage me to diversify. At 6am PST. (I politely thanked him for his concern & pointed out the other retail and investment accounts I had.)

You're a better person than me (in case you ever wondered:) -- I would find it very hard to be polite on a cold call at 6am.
Your analysis was most likely right on the mark.

I'm pumped about the deliveries news and think its going to be a great summer for TSLA! I think Elon has demonstrated via Twitter and other media that he is upbeat about 2015 and excited about all the progress Tesla will make this year. My wish list/ hopeful for:

April 30th- Stationary Storage announcement, I'm hoping for an unexpected game-changing product available for commercial & residential sectors- JB loves energy and batteries more than cars (would love to see Walmart, Starbucks, etc move to stationary storage)
~May 6thish- Q1 Earnings reports- give solid guidance for Q2, hopefully a firmer date for X release and 7.0 release (to achieve 40% of 55,000 only need 12,000 deliveries for q2)-from Q4 letter "In 2015, we expect to deliver about 55,000 Model S and X vehicles, representing more than a 70% increase over 2014deliveries. About 40% of these deliveries are planned for the first half of the year."
June-July- Build up to Q2 earnings, X release, & 7.0 release
August- Hopefully X release- Elon delivers 1st Model X by summoning it for 1st owner, announces release of 7.0 and ushers in new era of autonomous vehicles...another short squeeze ensues.

I'm an optimist but to me Elon doesn't seem stressed and Tesla is executing...and hopefully ending the summer around $260-$300

Not to be a Debbie Downer... but do these numbers include the deliveries that were delayed from Q4 2014 and carried over to Q1 2015? About 1400 cars slipped from Dec 2014 into Jan 2015 as I remember. Which is still very very good, especially as Tesla aims to deliver 55,000 vehicles for 2015.... they are WELL on their way. The actual number produced is likely even higher since many cars are probably still in transit (mine included) and have not reached the end buyer yet. I'm betting we see an even bigger jump in Q2 2015 deliveries since the production line as well as delivery seems to have been streamlined. Even in my smaller market neck of the woods (Alberta, Canada) we are seeing deliveries weekly which really says something in a city that is addicted to the oil industry.

Is the Frankfurt market open today?

On edit: I could have googled that myself, so I did, and the answer is no, it is not.
What's more, Frankfurt is closed on Monday too -- German and Nordic markets have a holiday.
So keep biting your toenails til Tuesday very early ;-)
... if you are desperate to see the German market.
Else, Monday morning ET as usual.

Last edited:
So this is gonna make for a fun Monday for sure! I think the biggest downer for TSLA over the past few weeks was the FUD that started spreading and the bear analysts adding fuel to the fire by claiming Q1 for Europe is looking really bad.

Not that we fell for it, as the EU thread did an amazing job over the past few days to collect good hard data that indicated 3000+ for Q1 in the region, which made it clear a miss is almost impossible. Still, this was just enough to push the market over and keep TSLA under 190.

Now Monday, oh boy.... releasing this news on Good Friday is almost too mean. The news has 3 days to get to everyone by the time the market opens. I am readying the popcorn.

PS: I am not expecting one of those legendary squeezes, but I tend to agree with those who say TSLA is actually underpriced these days, so I do expect a pop next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.