Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, Lump. This Dan Galves / Credit Suisse note points to a clear Q1 beat possibility (not guarantee), and this has hit the Bloomberg wires. I would expect with the strong weekly jobless claim numbers we might tick up to 195+ on this in short order.

AJ, release a beat prediction note tomorrow -- ready, GO.

Eisenmann press release out on building two paint shops (one for bodies and one for parts) for Telsa Motors in two stages from last Tuesday here.
Press digest on Automobil-Produktion from yesterday here.
Both sources via google translate.

Lot's of positive things:
- Going from 30000 to 500000 annual capacity in two stages (already prepared for Model S, X and 3(!))
- Biggest single contract ever for Eisenmann ("three digit million Euro")
- Eisenmann shares Tesla's the goal of energy efficiency
- Most modern paint shop globally (less energy consumption, less pollution, most versatile, ...)
- Eisenmann is geographically located close to Mercedes in Germany and very happy to be part of the success story of Tesla Motors

Fantastic! I wonder how many employees it requires to operate at, say, 100k per year, and how productivity scales as you approach 500k per year.

Excerpt of note should be fine. Give credit to author.

It's an opinion piece and essentially, Jonas is saying ignore the tweets, 2015 is all about the Model X. He predicts volatility short term and "sell on the news" for the April announcement. But with well executed Model X launch that the stock can be at $300 by year end.

Interesting quote (probably headline material) is that he believes the Model S is the worst car Tesla will ever make.

The Model S was made by a cash-strapped, resource-constrained company where many suppliers refused to do business with Tesla. It’s remarkable that the car is as good as it is given the bootstrapped nature of the development. On the other hand, the Model X is the first car made by Tesla as a wealthy, well-endowed company with an array of suppliers that want to do business with them – some even opening up dedicated facilities in California only to supply Tesla. Tesla also has all of the experience of the Model S (what worked, what didn’t) and the 1 billion miles traveled of its 100% connected fleet.

Strange, I find it hard to find by what measure they are now / will become the largest.

- By GWh capacity produced per year ? This would be the measuere that counts to my opinion!
(Then they have to build production a lot of capacity very, very quick, judging the numbers in this article #1 EV Battery Supplier Now LG Chem With New Daimler Deal? | CleanTechnica)

- By revenue ?
- By number of Cells ?
- By number of Packs ? (strange, as Diamler will integrate the cells in the packs).
- By number of Automotive customers ?

LG Chems press release states : "By signing a supply contract with Daimler, LG Chem has become the world’s biggest automotive battery supplier, having at least 13 global automakers among the top 20 global brands."
Source : LG Chem to supply EV batteries to Daimler Group

Thanks for that, Lump. This Dan Galves / Credit Suisse note points to a clear Q1 beat possibility (not guarantee), and this has hit the Bloomberg wires. I would expect with the strong weekly jobless claim numbers we might tick up to 195+ on this in short order.

I...I don't know how I made that happen. But uh, cool! While I'm at it:

Elon, pre-release Q1 sales info today -- ready. GO.

Here's a snippet from the Adam Jonas note:

aj422015.png

Last month, the jobs number exceeded and the market was down. I'm actually worried that good news is bad news now and a good jobs or GDP number might mean that the Fed would raise rates in June.

Ironically, a bad jobs number might actually be good for the market.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.