Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but events like this further erode confidence in the average investor.

No disagreement there. But I feel like it's mostly because of media spin... it's the headline on all news sites at the moment, and a lot of them make it sound like Average Joe isn't able to trade any "NYSE stocks" right now (I bet most of the journalists actually think this is the case, unfortunately).

In reality with the multiple marketplace structure, single venue outages occur occasionally to little fanfare. Certain groups of stocks have outages on NYSE all the time (in fact, at the open this morning) and no one knows/cares. It's just a nice headline story "NYSE IS DOWN" for easy clicks.

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 9.51.09 AM.png

I just added to my position, so the bottom is probably lower ( I have the same luck as Bobbyducati :smile: )
maybe we should set up some weekly TA (teslas anonymous) meetings :frown:

seems to be holding strong just below 260, a close above 260 would be appreciated. really wish China/Greece would clear themselves up sooner than later and let the markets get back to normal, dont see that happening this week though.

maybe we should set up some weekly TA (teslas anonymous) meetings :frown:

seems to be holding strong just below 260, a close above 260 would be appreciated. really wish China/Greece would clear themselves up sooner than later and let the markets get back to normal, dont see that happening this week though.

Telsa would be wise to let this turbulence from Greece and China work itself out before the Model X dashboard appearance and reveal. If we hold close to our current price we're well set up for recovering the losses of the past two days.

I just added to my position, so the bottom is probably lower ( I have the same luck as Bobbyducati :smile: )
I bought some short term puts so that means we found the bottom :) Probably been a year and a half since I last bought puts since I was always just losing money on them. I'm losing enough money on my long positions so I thought I would lose some on some short positions, too!

Telsa would be wise to let this turbulence from Greece and China work itself out before the Model X dashboard appearance and reveal. If we hold close to our current price we're well set up for recovering the losses of the past two days.

I don't believe they have that option, considering sales projections. They need four or more months of increased production this year. I'm sure they are much more worried about a reduction in worldwide demand for luxury items.

Last edited:
It's not just the price of Tesla shares today. General Motors is down a greater percentage, while Ford and Fiat Chrysler are being hit almost as badly.

Same is valid for german car makers:
VW: -3.5% (link), Audi: -1.4% (link), BMW: -2.98% (link), Porsche: -4.19% (link)
German car makers sell an increasing amount of vehicles to China.
I do not see the same exposure to the Chinese market for Tesla.

Like many others here, I am down some serious money...but still way up since $180 days. I am continuing to miss the falling knives and buying shares and Sept calls. I, like many here, was shocked at the intensity of this 2 day sell off. I bet another forum member that we would NOT see $275 this year and lost that bet a couple days ago. A bad week all around.

Like many others here, I am down some serious money...but still way up since $180 days. I am continuing to miss the falling knives and buying shares and Sept calls. I, like many here, was shocked at the intensity of this 2 day sell off. I bet another forum member that we would NOT see $275 this year and lost that bet a couple days ago. A bad week all around.

Could not agree more. Is it 4 PM yet. I'd like to have a reset and start over!

Ford's 400,000-car recall could be the tip of an auto security iceberg The Register

“The recent recall by Ford involving the engine failing to stop underlines the increasing need for over-the-air (OTA) software updates,” Munro explained.

“As manufacturers cram more software into cars, the potential for more security and functionality bugs increases. More bugs = more recalls, which will be a pain for customers and expensive for manufacturers as cars have to go to service centres for patching,” he added

Status
Not open for further replies.