Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So some infuriating news. Saleen, who did that modded Model S last year, seems to be on the cusp of failing and is desperately grasping at straws based on this Saleen is trying to get an injunction against me over comments I made on this subreddit (and other forums) : teslamotors

The short version: The reddit.com/r/teslamotors community shares the same passion for TM as we do here and I often visit for an alternative source of TM news. One of the mods decided to look into investing in Saleen last year after they announced their modded Model S product. During due diligence he discovered all sorts of red flags, he shared the research he found, and Saleen is now suing him (turns out he's 23 and is now trying to crowdsource funds to hire a lawyer).

Apologies if this veers a little off topic, but I thought this shameful Saleen choice of attacking one of our sister communities should be shared here.

I for one appreciate people who post when they think it's a buying opportunity, whether it's buy on a dip or at various support points. Ultimately I hold myself responsible for every trade I make and even if I would follow someone's action on TMC, and loose on some trades, I would still be vastly in the + in the long run thanks to the excellent source of knowledge that TMC is. And usually people who do post about a trade often back it up with some reasoning behind that trade, something which is of great value as it is interesting to hear what other active TSLA traders think is going on.

I think we are all very confident in Tesla's long term potential but I also see a lot of upside in the short term. I really think these steep dips are just great buying opportunities due to the numerous catalysts in the coming months. Within the next three months, we can see Model X deliveries, Model X configuration, and serious improvements to autopilot and software in general. I'm also very confident in their ability to prove a lot of people wrong by attaining the 55k yearly goal and put out an early model III design by March or April next year. Everybody just needs to stop panicking over an "analyst" downgrade based on practically nothing.

So some infuriating news. Saleen, who did that modded Model S last year, seems to be on the cusp of failing and is desperately grasping at straws based on this Saleen is trying to get an injunction against me over comments I made on this subreddit (and other forums) : teslamotors

The short version: The reddit.com/r/teslamotors community shares the same passion for TM as we do here and I often visit for an alternative source of TM news. One of the mods decided to look into investing in Saleen last year after they announced their modded Model S product. During due diligence he discovered all sorts of red flags, he shared the research he found, and Saleen is now suing him (turns out he's 23 and is now trying to crowdsource funds to hire a lawyer).

Apologies if this veers a little off topic, but I thought this shameful Saleen choice of attacking one of our sister communities should be shared here.

Discussion here:

Saleen going after FredTesla over comments about Saleen - Page 2

Yeah here's the thread about the crowd fund: UPDATE on the situation with Saleen and the injunction - I'm sorry to ask, but I need your help : teslamotors

It's crazy that Saleen considers what he posted as defamation. If you want to see real defamation of a public company, go read Alberto Zaragoza Comendador's commentary on Tesla.

July 20th CVRP update. Keep in mind this data is only through the 20th, if that. So the registration trend is in line with the prior 4 months:

CVRP July_20.jpg

...The biggest lesson for anyone following this forum is to understand the amount of manipulation that goes into this market. That nothing is a coincidence. The game of throne permeates everything. I hope this doesn't sound too surreal to most of you and it'll eventually sink in, because I know it definitely sounded too much of a conspiracy theory for me when I first started out 15 years ago. If you've lost playing TSLA (not likely at this price), at least learn this lesson...

Causalien or anyone: Care to elaborate on who might be doing the TSLA manipulation and why? I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum. But curious if you also believe this is TSLA specific, tech stocks in general, or HFT algorithms maybe doing such manipulation for all stocks?

RT

Causalien or anyone: Care to elaborate on who might be doing the TSLA manipulation and why? I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum. But curious if you also believe this is TSLA specific, tech stocks in general, or HFT algorithms maybe doing such manipulation for all stocks?

RT

Along those same lines, I just purchased another 50 shares today at a 5-6% discount due to the "FUD Sale." Let's take advantage of them when we can!

My question: In earlier FUD Sales I've purchased too soon, usually the day of the drop. Based on gut feel, today I waited until the second day, but wonder if anyone has any insights on the best time to stock up on TSLA after or during a FUD attack? Is it a day or two after, or more? Does it vary depending upon the type/source of the attack?

Granted, when TSLA is a 4-figure stock these differences are minute, but still best to buy when it's on sale, especially if buying on margin . . .

Thanks for any insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.