Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the 100k Vin thread I'm gonna say sometime in September.

100k-th VIN doesn't mean 100k-th delivery though. I don't know if the 100k-th VIN is really a meaningful milestone. Pretty sure all the VINs weren't used. Otherwise, there are a lot of cars that were produced but not delivered.
So far, Tesla has delivered about 78k cars till Q2. Based on Tesla's guidance, the 100k-th delivery should be in Q4.

Are you implying that you have a suggestion for Alphabet's "T" spot? :wink:

Larry Page thinks highly of Elon: LARRY PAGE: I Would Rather Give My Billions To Elon Musk Than Charity - Business Insider

And they had a deal in place March 2013: Google almost bought Tesla when it had just two weeks of cash left | Technology | The Guardian

I'd imagine Larry would invest in Tesla AGAIN, he was an Angel investor: Google's Real Power—Angel Investors: Larry Page, 36 - BusinessWeek

Perhaps Larry and Elon will discuss it next Tesla work night, when Elon crashes at Larry's house: Elon Musk sometimes sleeps over at Larry Page's house - Business Insider

I am interested in everyone's take as to why Jerome is taking a leave of absence?

There are a number of speculated reasons. Some benign: he could use a break, some not so. I don't think we will ever know for sure but if you would like to be part of a group 'thank you': http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/51316-Thank-you-Jerome

Usually I think the simplest explanation is the most probable one: Tesla is an extremely tough company to work for in terms of time and effort, and he probably just got burnt out.

Here's a good article about the diversification of Google (aka Alphabet, now): What is Google? The answer is becoming harder to pin down - Telegraph

This quote is particularly interesting for TM shareholders:
So in 2015, when Wall Street looks at Google, it has to ask itself a much more complicated question. Rather than simply: "How long will this advertising juggernaut keep going”, it also has to ask: “What is the future of this company? Are self-driving cars and renewable energy viable business lines, or mere distractions?"

So Alphabet (Google) is looking for some innovative companies with dynamic CEOs....hmmmm http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...undar-pichai-larry-page-sergey-brin/31429423/

Another TMC member and I have been discussing this.......EM and LP are good friends.

But, but, the watch! They were totally the first to innovate wearable tech... Oh, wait... Hrmmm Pebble, Samsung, any number of other watches.

i know, bigger phones! Yeah, big risk there! Except again, others have been making androids and windows phones both big and small... In fact, making the larger phone and smaller iPad technically goes against what Steve Jobs had said about making "the perfect size"

so I think in the end I would have to agree... They haven't done anything meaningful except merely keeping up with the jones' since the advent of the iPad... Kinda sad really.

100k-th VIN doesn't mean 100k-th delivery though. I don't know if the 100k-th VIN is really a meaningful milestone. Pretty sure all the VINs weren't used. Otherwise, there are a lot of cars that were produced but not delivered.
So far, Tesla has delivered about 78k cars till Q2. Based on Tesla's guidance, the 100k-th delivery should be in Q4.

100,000 units manufactured is actually quite an important milestone. That and a Model X production vehicle are operational milestones in Musk's incentive plan. Both are on pace to occur this quarter. With every milestone that is achieved, investors should become more confident in the CEO and his ability to deliver on the long term plan.

100,000 units manufactured is actually quite an important milestone. That and a Model X production vehicle are operational milestones in Musk's incentive plan. Both are on pace to occur this quarter. With every milestone that is achieved, investors should become more confident in the CEO and his ability to deliver on the long term plan.

It's also half-way to phasing out the $7500 U.S. tax credit for electric vehicles (at 200,000 vehicles manufactured)... and the threads complaining about the way the pricing is presented can finally be marked as "obsolete" :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.