Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter says so. Glad I bought 5 contracts in this dip. Was gonna sell stock to cover the costs but didn't....glad I didn't :)

Very happy for you Fango:)
Hope everybody else is ok with this SP move as well (currently up >4% in Frankfurt).
Here's some hope for a good week.
Happy that I doubled down on my mid to short term calls during this crazy dip as well.
I'll convert my mid to short term calls to shares soon in order to add them to my core long term position soon:)
My goal is to build a bigger long term core share position and use options only in very over-/undervalued times.
Question is: What will be a good time to convert the calls to share to reduce over all risk again;)
I am still thinking that the online reveal of design studio for Model X will reveal some good and unknown news about Model X and induce some positive chatter for TM and TSLA. Maybe around that event (could be buy the rumour, sell the news) could be a good time to convert back to shares, let's see.

BTW PT was raised from $280 to $465:
Tesla price target raised to $465 from $280 at Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas raised his price target for Tesla Motors to $465 from $280, well above Friday's closing price of $243.15. Today, ten trillion vehicle miles are driven annually, with almost all of them delivered by "companies practicing a 100-year-old business model of human-driven, privately owned, internal-combustion vehicles," Jonas tells investors in a research note. The market is going through some fundamental changes, however, argues Jonas. He believes Tesla is "uniquely positioned" to dominate given its expertise in autonomous technology and networked machine learning. An app-based, on-demand mobility service could more than triple Tesla's potential revenues by 2029, the analyst estimates. He expects Tesla over the next 18 months to roll out formalized business plans on shared mobility, allowing the electric vehicle maker to sell miles in addition to cars. His new price target of $465 reflects Tesla's potential to lead the revolution of the shared mobility public transportation hyper-structure and more confidence around the commercial viability of Tesla Energy. Jonas keeps an Overweight rating on shares of Tesla. His new price target is a high among sell-side analysts on Wall Street.
(link)

Last edited:
Did MS just upgrade TM PT to $465!?

I'm not going to complain about that upgrade because I loaded up at 233. However, what a corrupt and predictable bunch these lot are. If there is a finer example of how they game the system I haven't seen it.

Talk the company down for a few months. Participate in a public offering. Wait for the offering to commence. Release a hyped up report with a huge raised PT. Cash in your options and profit.

I'm not going to complain about that upgrade. However, what a corrupt and predictable bunch these lot are. If there is a finer example of how they game the system I haven't seen it.

Talk the company down for a few months. Participate in a public offering. Wait for the offering to commence. Release a hyped up report with a huge raised PT. Cash in your options and profit.

i almost wish i wasn't holding my call options today. the reality of the stock market makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm not going to complain about that upgrade because I loaded up at 233. However, what a corrupt and predictable bunch these lot are. If there is a finer example of how they game the system I haven't seen it.

What filth. They don't even bother to hide it.

And it's blackmail: the company can't say anything either. "So you want us to retract our PT and kill your value?"

This is what we are fighting against when taking short term positions. In the long run their idiotic opinions don't really matter.

i'll probably end up donating the money to charity.

In fact that is what's done here with some of the money from TSLA during the last years.
There is an orphanage in my street.
My parking garage is there and the owner (the orphanage) installed 400V 100Amps charging infrastructure there:)
My annual donation is some little support for the orphanage and a big thank you for installing the charging infrastructure.
Best thing is not to be happy alone, but to see other people being happy with you;)

In fact that is what's done here with some of the money from TSLA during the last years.
There is an orphanage in my street.
My parking garage is there and the owner (the orphanage) installed 400V 100Amps charging infrastructure there:)
My annual donation is some little support for the orphanage and a big thank you for installing the charging infrastructure.
Best thing is not to be happy alone, but to see other people being happy with you;)

that's actually such an uplifting story! and im sure your's isn't the only one.
Keep On Keeping On.

Good article about Model S P90D debut at Monterey Car Week:
YouTube is littered with videos of Tesla Motors P85D Model S leaving cars in the dust, most of which are more expensive and seat only two passengers. But Tesla's newest addition to the family, the P90D with Ludicrous mode, is about to set off a new wave of acceleration videos. The vehicle makes its debut this weekend at Monterey Car Week, an internationally famed exotic car event.
Still I do not see any other car company worldwide that is able to achieve similar results:
That was combined with upgrading the main pack contactor to use inconel (a high temperature space-grade superalloy) instead of steel, so that it remains springy under the heat of heavy current. The net result is that we can safely increase the max pack output from 1300 to 1500 Amps.
(link)

The global catch up game in the automotive industry continues and Tesla Motors is still leading from the front;)

We are on the positive side of market manipulation today and my stock/option positions will all be very happy. It really is such a big game that all of the retail investors are swept one way or another
with little chance of influencing the direction.

Having said that....It will be interesting what degree of a short squeeze we see over the next couple days AND if we get more analysts jumping on the bull wagon.

Man, didn't see that coming. Only bought half of what I was hoping to pick up on this drop.

Same here.
But very glad that I bought some as well;)

Hope that's not too bad for people who had protective puts or something (no sarcasm).

SP currently up >5% in Frankfurt.

BTW I currently see an overwhelming amout of positive press articles about TM.

Where could we run into some resistance during the next days?

Last edited:
I'm glad that Jonas has finally figured out that it is the total number of vehicle miles demanded that matters and not the number of vehicles per inhabitants that matters. The whole premise that self-driving cars would reduce the number of new vehicles sold each year was pretty faulty. Apparently the million mile drivetrain goal really appeals to Jonas. Even so, the conversion of late looks suspicious.

But the 2.7 million shares they're selling are sold at a fixed price? Or am I misunderstanding something? My thought is that the fixed price effectively stabilizes TSLA at that price as the offering is being sold.

Also since there is really, by law, supposed to be no connection at all between analysis and investment of a firm it would be a non issue if say Adam Jonas came out with a very bullish note a few days after the offering had been sold out. In fact I think this scenario is rather likely to take place.

Quoting myself here, from a couple of days back... Should have trusted my intuition and bought calls last week.

Excellent point about the million mile drivetrain. How about snakebot? Seem to fit the bill quite good as well. I think that you are onto something really big here. It just fits s pattern of leveraging accomplishments in one area to make s leap into the new business.

Take #1 - the energy storage. Once Tesla spent R&D on the batteries for cars, they leveraged that know-how and added another business for a very low incremental expense.

Take #2 - the Uber-like service. All of the components are already there: EV (million mile) power train - check, fast charging network - check, self driving technology - check, self plugging technology - check, an app controlled car - check... And for incremental additional development cost all of the components could be put together with huge profit potential.

I am wondering if we will see new note from Adam Jonas over the weekend...

Well, looks like I was slightly off with the timing - by one week to be precise...

Status
Not open for further replies.