Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!. Seems pretty much in-line with what people have been expecting for the Model X. Does anyone see any positive or negative surprises here?

People that haven’t been following the Mule thread might find the spoiler a surprise.

The GPS air suspension seems like a new thing or is that my lack of knowledge?
in any event seems like a good idea

Has been available on the Model S.

At this point, Tesla is doing worse than the market, I expected the other way around.

I disagree that there is nothing substantial there. We now know that the price is exactly like a model S which is huge. Also, it's the very first Model X deadline that they actually kept. That should be huge too. Maybe the market would have liked it better if an actual Model X production car was available in a Bay area store for viewing.

TSLA is more volatile than the NASDAQ or S&P 500, so it amplifies market moves. As I type, TSLA is down 2.8%, while NASDAQ is down 2.1. If anything, I'd say this means TSLA is winning, since it's often up twice as much on a no-news day with rising markets.

On a good day, I would guess that it would cause TSLA share price to climb a bit. But today's stock market condition will just cause TSLA to tank. The online configuration isn't going to hold up TSLA or make it spike. It's depressing to those who were thinking the online configuration news would be "huge" for TSLA. Well, sorry folks for the disappointment. We're going to be in a rough one again due to over seas market taking control. I see TSLA trading sideways in the near term or down hill if over seas market keeps up with their disappointing news.

The GPS air suspension seems like a new thing or is that my lack of knowledge?
in any event seems like a good idea

Not new, been on the Model S for a long time now. If you raise the suspension at a particular driveway or intersection or wherever, unless you select otherwise, it will always try to raise the suspension near that point. There's a nasty driveway near a take-out restaurant that we use, but if I'm just driving past I often get a warning about it being too fast to raise the suspension. That's pesky, but better than graunching the front of the car.

The Tesla Model X Does 0 To 60 MPH In 3.2 Seconds, Costs Over $100,000

The news comes to us from InsideEVs.com, and was obtained when Tesla invited early “Signature” reservation holders to start configuring their cars. A lot of the information hadn’t been released yet, so we’re hearing much of this for the very first time. And though Tesla hasn’t sent out an official confirmation of the info themselves, they did confirm to us that all of it was spot-on.

I went and checked other sites, because my whole Internet connection used to act like that. Happy to hear it's just TMC. And for good reason :)

- - - Updated - - -

... limiting the DS access to the first 100-250 signature reservation holders? Is it a DS related issue, or does it imply a slow production ramp?
The long delay implies they are ready for a fast production ramp. The restriction to 100-250 implies they will be limited only by their confidence in the finished product.

Untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.