Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this story part of the reason why TSLA tanked going in to the close. Appears to be completely false, so if it contributed we should correct upwards tomorrow (assuming macro does not tank again). Really, the Danish Tax Minister should apologize for making such unfounded allegations.

Is Tesla Scheming To Manipulate Tax Laws?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...-laws/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

Update:

So the Danish Tax Minster falsely claims that Tesla bought 2,500 of its own cars; Tesla clarifies the situation and the Danish Tax Minister acknowledges his mistake; yet Forbes still writes a story implying Tesla is cheating on taxes. Unbelievable. What absurd reporting. :cursing:

What is Tesla's response on this? Link?

From the story:

"Initially, the car manufacturer denied the story. Later, Tesla confirmed to Forbes that they had “ordered number plates for 2,500 cars” but stressed that was not the equivalent of buying and registering cars.” A spokesperson for Tesla explained, “We’ve been selling a lot of model S’s out there, because of the incentives going away and so in anticipation of that, we bought license plates. These are not registrations.” The spokesperson says that those license plates would not be assigned to a car until it has been officially sold.

Hours after the story broke in Denmark, Lauritzen also appeared to backtrack on the story telling the BBC News that he believes he has now received a satisfactory reason for the registration of the 2,500 plates. He did not explain further."

Is this story part of the reason why TSLA tanked going in to the close. Appears to be completely false, so if it contributed we should correct upwards tomorrow (assuming macro does not tank again). Really, the Danish Tax Minister should apologize for making such unfounded allegations.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...-laws/?utm_campaign=yahootix&partner=yahootix

No. Tesla tanked as it is an overpriced stock with a ridiculous multiple AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it looks like we are entering into a very bearish period for the market. Once this thing breaks 202.00 (likely first thing in the am) it will be a cascade down into the 180s. Putting this out there for the dreamers who can't afford to play russian roulette. Whether this new story is true or not, I simply don't trust Musk's direction any longer. I will be right on this. Mark my words. No position long or short. Good luck to the $450.00 dollar crowd. You are good people.

Last edited:
From the story:

"Initially, the car manufacturer denied the story. Later, Tesla confirmed to Forbes that they had “ordered number plates for 2,500 cars” but stressed that was not the equivalent of buying and registering cars.” A spokesperson for Tesla explained, “We’ve been selling a lot of model S’s out there, because of the incentives going away and so in anticipation of that, we bought license plates. These are not registrations.” The spokesperson says that those license plates would not be assigned to a car until it has been officially sold.

Hours after the story broke in Denmark, Lauritzen also appeared to backtrack on the story telling the BBC News that he believes he has now received a satisfactory reason for the registration of the 2,500 plates. He did not explain further."

I would add that this is a very bullish piece of data for Tesla meeting 2016 guidance. They have only sold 951 cars in Denmark through October, but they expect up to an additional 2,500 sales for the remainder of the quarter. WOW:love:

I would add that this is a very bullish piece of data for Tesla meeting 2016 guidance. They have only sold 951 cars in Denmark through October, but they expect up to an additional 2,500 sales for the remainder of the quarter. WOW:love:

Well, it's a good move given that it's a stupid policy with the way they are taxing the vehicles. We should be trying to slow the rate of climate change not raise barriers. I applaud Tesla for having the canines to do this because I'm the grand scheme of things it's necessary for all of us collectively.

Also, CALGARYARSENAL you have no position but yet you seem incredibly sure about price actions. Back it up and put your money where your mouth is because what you write is pretty baseless and seems too emotionally driven. For those that are new here. Obviously invest at your own risk, but most importantly attach your time horizons and set your stops. I'm still holding Tesla and I'm slapping a $350 target this time next year because of that secondary which I keep bringing up and the options milestones the management team needs to hit (namely the 50B market cap by 2017).

Yes, Elon doesn't care about money for himself but he certainly cares if it will accelerate the adoption of EV's. It'll get done. For those short term traders, you know you are juggling knives. High risk, high reward both ways.

No. Tesla tanked as it is an overpriced stock with a ridiculous multiple AND MOST IMPORTANTLY it looks like we are entering into a very bearish period for the market. Once this thing breaks 202.00 (likely first thing in the am) it will be a cascade down into the 180s. Putting this out there for the dreamers who can't afford to play russian roulette. Whether this new story is true or not, I simply don't trust Musk's direction any longer. I will be right on this. Mark my words. No position long or short. Good luck to the $450.00 dollar crowd. You are good people.

Boy I hope you are wrong. Yes, the market is going full on bear because of the constant reminder of the Federal Reserve rate hike. Commodities are worthless and our beloved oil-loving city of Calgary sees job losses daily. Everything is bleeding red, even companies like Apple are getting hammered lately. $206 billion cash and excellent profit growth and yet down. However, that being said, if we see $180 again I would back the truck up as my long-term thesis on Tesla remains. Nothing has fundamentally changed for the worse with the company, they are executing pretty much as they've said they would. Mind you, this is a short-term thread and so given the spectre of the Federal Reserve, I agree we could see $180 shortly.

Then again, those of you could see my above comments as a contrarian indicator to buy.

I'd love to see tesla schedule delivery of a few MXs within the next day or so. Not crap loads but how about a few?! We all know tesla said they'll ramp slowly at first and then more quickly in December to hundreds of units a week. Would it really kill them to deliver a few now?

These deliveries would give the street some confidence that things are moving. There's simply got to be some 2nd row seats available. There's a few founder cars already and a Veterns Day car yesterday and cars spotted on the test track and beta cars with seats.

Update:

So the Danish Tax Minster falsely claims that Tesla bought 2,500 of its own cars; Tesla clarifies the situation and the Danish Tax Minister acknowledges his mistake; yet Forbes still writes a story implying Tesla is cheating on taxes. Unbelievable. What absurd reporting. :cursing:

The author is so weak using this title. We used to have a questionable dealer at the wholesale auto auctions who would use a line like this. If he had a BMW 740iL selling on the block that did NOT have a Sport package, he would yell out to the bidders crowd, "Wait! Wait! Is this car a Sport package?" All the while knowing it did not have the option.

It's like writing a article with a title, "Did GM cancel the Bolt?" Then digress into the fact that the project is still on track. I would be uncomfortable showing my face as the author.

Well, it's a good move given that it's a stupid policy with the way they are taxing the vehicles. We should be trying to slow the rate of climate change not raise barriers. I applaud Tesla for having the canines to do this because I'm the grand scheme of things it's necessary for all of us collectively.

Also, CALGARYARSENAL you have no position but yet you seem incredibly sure about price actions. Back it up and put your money where your mouth is because what you write is pretty baseless and seems too emotionally driven. For those that are new here. Obviously invest at your own risk, but most importantly attach your time horizons and set your stops. I'm still holding Tesla and I'm slapping a $350 target this time next year because of that secondary which I keep bringing up and the options milestones the management team needs to hit (namely the 50B market cap by 2017).

Yes, Elon doesn't care about money for himself but he certainly cares if it will accelerate the adoption of EV's. It'll get done. For those short term traders, you know you are juggling knives. High risk, high reward both ways.

I have given all the reasons why I believe Tesla is a $150.00 stock at best. I have given all the reasons for my change in attitude towards this company. Many on here agree with my feelings towards the X, quality control issues, over promising/underdelivering, irrational exuberance, expensive Model 3 predictions, no place for apartment dwellers to charge Model 3, Musk telling people to stop abusing Superchargers and the list goes on. Putting my money where my mouth is? I simply can't play this name anymore long or short. We could wake up tomorrow and it could look like Solar City (another stock that is defended all the way down by dreamers). Nothing wrong with dreaming. I dreamed for a couple months and made out like a bandit. Oh yes....It could rocket to 450 next year......but the more I look at Musk and listen to him the more the hair on the back of my neck stands up. Too many red flags. Good luck! Besides....its good to hear the other side. It all cannot be one big circle **** on here.

I have given all the reasons why I believe Tesla is a $150.00 stock at best. I have given all the reasons for my change in attitude towards this company. Many on here agree with my feelings towards the X, quality control issues, over promising/underdelivering, irrational exuberance, expensive Model 3 predictions, no place for apartment dwellers to charge Model 3, Musk telling people to stop abusing Superchargers and the list goes on. Putting my money where my mouth is? I simply can't play this name anymore long or short. We could wake up tomorrow and it could look like Solar City (another stock that is defended all the way down by dreamers). Nothing wrong with dreaming. I dreamed for a couple months and made out like a bandit. Oh yes....It could rocket to 450 next year......but the more I look at Musk and listen to him the more the hair on the back of my neck stands up. Too many red flags. Good luck! Besides....its good to hear the other side. It all cannot be one big circle **** on here.

Interesting thing about the bears here. I don't recall ever seeing a bear with a signature showing they own and drive a Tesla daily. One can carry on about red flags and feelings forever, but until you own and drive a Tesla for at least a month it's like virgin teenagers talking about sex.

The product is why I am a bull first.

I think certain people are forgetting that it took the market 10 months to react to the Model S launch. I expect the X ramp to go a little smoother, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that it takes just as long. The next few months may not be pretty, but Tesla has a mountain of knowledge to build off of this time. If people want to bet against them after what happened in 2013, please be my guest.

Interesting thing about the bears here. I don't recall ever seeing a bear with a signature showing they own and drive a Tesla daily. One can carry on about red flags and feelings forever, but until you own and drive a Tesla for at least a month it's like virgin teenagers talking about sex.

The product is why I am a bull first.

Very true. I will do my very best to not have to ever go back to driving an gas/diesel car again. Climbing into one now feels like I'm travelling back in time. While I'm at it I might as well throw out my iPhone and grab my motorola brick phone. No matter what the stock price does, I will always be a Tesla driver and already am ready to place a reservation for Model 3. I just hope that the website won't crash and people can actually get on to place deposits, since the demand will be absolutely ludicrous. So many people I know (who are very middle class) are waiting to get their reservation in for the Model 3.

Analyst Recommendations 11/13

Stifel and Morgan Stanely, both reiterated their PTs of $400 and $450, respectively. Today we have Brian Johnson reiterating his bearish $180 PT with an "underweight" followed by Ben Kallo's PT of $282 and a "neutral" recommendation.
As you can see the average PT is still around $300.

Attachments

• TSLA_ANR_11 13.bmp
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
It will not happen - but - interesting to think about this: Tesla could open reservation for Model 3 next week, without any specific information/photos - just - let everybody reserce M3 and pay, say - 1000 USD.
And it could shoot up big res.numbers anyway, i think I would reserve for myself one too.. even if i will need to wait 2-3 years, just to be first in line ;)

Gloomy here in Florida this morning.
Pre-Market down too.
Looks and feels like a rough TSLA day.

I have to wonder....

If EM is so disengaged from the stock value, why rush to meet his self imposed deadline on the MX launch then go dark on the ramp up? Why not just wait till you're ready to fire it all up at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.