Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In other notable news....

Elderly man dies after crashing car into pool

Who knows how this will or won't spin.

The other day another casualty, in Canada, I think after getting T-boned by a snow truck doing 65 mi/h.
Beware of water in any form or phase! :wink: (Especially this week.

Very sad of course for those touched by these tragedies, but not really Tesla news per se. Compare with the 17 car blazes per hour, or the 35,000 or so traffic fatalities per year in the US alone.

The Fortune article was update... hundreds produced not delivered. A pretty big mistake for a Tesla spokesperson to make.

Update: The story was revised from the original after a Tesla spokesperson said she had mistakenly associated deliveries with production numbers. The company has produced “hundreds” of Model Xs rather than delivered “hundreds” to customers.

I suspected that, but didn't want to say anything for fear of backlash :) I didn't hear much excitement in the Model X delivery threads, and so I doubted the "hundreds". Apparently, no one inside Tesla knows what's going on with X deliveries.

My new thought is that full payments for X will be taken in Q4, but cars will be delivered next quarter. This will keep the customer deposits figure looking good in Q4 statement. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I suspected that, but didn't want to say anything for fear of backlash :) I didn't hear much excitement in the Model X delivery threads, and so I doubted the "hundreds". Apparently, no one inside Tesla knows what's going on with X deliveries.

My new thought is that full payments for X will be taken in Q4, but cars will be delivered next quarter. This will keep the customer deposits figure looking good in Q4 statement. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Yeah, that was my immediate thoughts. Hundreds delivered? Where are all the delivery posts?

In an other thread I read about the idea that Tesla Motors might decide to bring the old production line 1 to Europe. Installing that line in Tilburg would explain why the building in Tilburg is that big. From other car manufacturers I do know that e.g. the old Audi A4 production line was brought from Germany to Spain and installed at a factory for Seat. BTW this production line is still in use at Seat.
Does anybody else have an idea about a possible production line 1 shipment to Europe?

You are always better off following Tesla's guidance. When the company discloses its guidance, it's already halfway through the quarter. No one has more information. You only need to adjust for unpredictable events when the occur and if you think Tesla would "low-ball" the guidance. In this case, with such a wide range. Id stick within the range toward the higher end.

Status
Not open for further replies.