Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for the board.....if you are Panasonic, what do you do with $4 Billion dollars? The company/product that turned your story around is Tesla/Battery Technology for EVs. You have already obligated to fund the Gigafactory. When the factory is up and running, 30% of the production will be going to home storage options. Do you and Tesla/Solar City intend on flooding the market all at once with 15MW of batteries?

I would think between Tesla's Reckless R&D and Elon (as per Q3 conference call) "keeping things up his sleeve" that there is a ramp for home storage similar to the ramp for EVs. Begin with commercial applications and geographies where there are subsidies (California & Japan come to mind). Begin to stoke demand in distributed solar, especially in locales that institute monthly charges for solar (hello Phoenix). Become production constrained until you can get the Gigafactory up and online.

Wouldn't this be a great partnership with Panasonic, Tesla and....I don't know.....Apple, as part of a home management/Nest concept? Control your home, energy usage and auto all from your phone/watch.

Total bullish, pie-in-the sky speculation, probably should stop watching Adam's videos.

Panasonic is going big in home & car automation. They acquired a company that developed tech similar to Mobile eye. Panasonic will also learn how GF evolves and may do its own GF in Asia to support other car manufacturers. Remember, this company is coming out of multi-year losses worth billions of dollars.

GF may turn out to be their single biggest investment from $4B bond sale, but I would not think that all is going there.

Quick question for the board.....if you are Panasonic, what do you do with $4 Billion dollars? The company/product that turned your story around is Tesla/Battery Technology for EVs. You have already obligated to fund the Gigafactory. When the factory is up and running, 30% of the production will be going to home storage options. Do you and Tesla/Solar City intend on flooding the market all at once with 15MW of batteries?

I would think between Tesla's Reckless R&D and Elon (as per Q3 conference call) "keeping things up his sleeve" that there is a ramp for home storage similar to the ramp for EVs. Begin with commercial applications and geographies where there are subsidies (California & Japan come to mind). Begin to stoke demand in distributed solar, especially in locales that institute monthly charges for solar (hello Phoenix). Become production constrained until you can get the Gigafactory up and online.

Wouldn't this be a great partnership with Panasonic, Tesla and....I don't know.....Apple, as part of a home management/Nest concept? Control your home, energy usage and auto all from your phone/watch.

Total bullish, pie-in-the sky speculation, probably should stop watching Adam's videos.

Yes I would flood the market.

If I were Panasonic, I would think about my advantageous situation right there, immediately sit down quietly and start to work on bringing my newest revolutionary GaN technology to the market (with Infineon) as soon as I can. And then ramp up production of industrial and home electric energy storage as quickly as possible. Why? Because some chances you only get once in a lifetime!
I think there is no need to explain again why this is exactly what Musk is talking about for years again and again!

Panasonic-GaN.jpg

Could not help but had to watch Jonas video on Tesla 2.5 again, amazing. Well done!

Last edited:
GM recalls 64,000 Volt due to carbon monoxide leakage from gasoline tank, 2 people has been reported injured. GM to halt sales until software update.

Another reason why you should go 100% EV, more components = more problems. Who brings their vehicle in for software updates anymore?

GM recalls 64,000 Volts over carbon monoxide risk

Now we just need an enterprising hack journalist to write this up in proper FUD/hyperbole/clickbait style for pennies per click:

GM's Volt EV may kill you -- is the GM Bolt a sham and is GM doomed to fail while Tesla dominates?

I have another question for the veterans of this comfortable shire. How do you think Tesla would announce or unveil stationary storage? An event? Blog post? Twitter? The biggest fire the north has ever seen? :smile:

I don't know, but I hope an announcement comes soon and has some notion of a separate revenue stream tied to it with big growth potential.

What can Apple bring? $4 Billion is a below average Month of profits for Apple (made $18Billion in Q4). The common thread that I'm running is one of scale. Just as in the Huff Post article posted earlier, if you are judging Tesla as Honda or on a quarterly basis, Q4 for Tesla was unpleasant. It's a question of scale. Tesla is not trying to dominate the fledgling EV market, displacing Giants like EV1, Leaf and E-Tron. Tesla is trying to transform the global car/transportation market and displace the current automotive and energy oligarchies and dramatically shift decades-old habits and paradigms. If you are going to fight that fight, you need either a Biblical quality sling or really good friends/Army.

500,000 cars by 2020 is putting Tesla in Insane mode....and it's not enough. Just as with SpaceX/Hyperloop/SolarCity Elon isn't competing against Boeing, Northrup, Ford, GM, Exxon, Senator Shelby, Amtrak, Nickolai Tesla , Edison or anything so mundane, he's competing to avert global climate change, AI, and the risk of having a single point of failure for the species....and he's doing so with flair and Élan.

We we can conduct SWOT analysis and Harvard B school discussions of who's a good business fit/has the same culture, accounting systems, addressable market or aesthetics....and these analyses are valid. But my gut says Elon will go all in at some point and carve out a brilliant strategic relationship with someone that can help bring credibility, supply chain, resources, gravitas, political weight and additional cool to EVs - and right now that smells like Apple.

I hope Tim Cook smells what Elon is cooking.

Last edited:
What can Apple bring? $4 Billion is an below average Month of profits for Apple (made $18Billion in Q4). The common thread that I'm running is one of scale. Just as in the Huff Post article posted earlier, if you are judging Tesla as Honda or on a quarterly basis, Q4 for Tesla was unpleasant. It's a question of scale. Tesla is not trying to dominate the fledgling EV market, displacing Giants like EV1, Leaf and E-Tron. Tesla is trying to transform the global car/transportation market and displace the current automotive and energy oligarchies and dramatically shift decades-old habits and paradigms. If you are going to fight that fight, you need either a Biblical quality sling or really good friends/Army.

500,000 cars by 2020 is putting Tesla in Insane mode....and it's not enough. Just as with SpaceX/Hyperloop/SolarCity Elon isn't competing against Boeing, Northrup, Ford, GM, Exxon, Senator Shelby, Amtrak, Nickolai Tesla , Edison or anything so mundane, he's competing to avert global climate change, AI, and the risk of having a single point of failure for the species....and he's doing so with flair and Élan.

We we can conduct SWOT analysis and Harvard B school discussions of who's a good business fit/has the same culture, accounting systems, addressable market or aesthetics....and these analyses are valid. But my gut says Elon will go all in at some point and carve out a brilliant strategic relationship with someone that can help bring credibility, supply chain, resources, gravitas, political weight and additional cool to EVs - and right now that smells like Apple.

I hope Tim Cook smells what Elon is cooking.

+1!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.