Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp.... I am retired and on a mobile phone with intermittent internet and intermittent electricity. Back then I had 6 monitors and a super powerful computer with 50 msec lag to the server. I think I explained what it means in that thread, if not... well, let's just say you'll have to ship a computer to Rishikesh. Perhaps some other expert in options can help explain.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. There were 3 different big analysis back then done by different forum members release roughly around the same time. After that the shirt squeeze began. I was wondering if it could be bigger than VW and Porche squeeze and it was.

BRB, I'm hopping a plane to Rishikesh now with a BBG terminal in each hand for you!

(You can retire but please don't take away the 8 Ball!)

:cool:

I was wondering if it could be bigger than VW and Porche squeeze and it was.

I don't think the short squeeze was nearly the size of VW/Porche. The total stock multiple rise (over a different time period) was similar but the correlating causal to squeeze of shorts having to cover was wholly different imo. To match the VW squeeze TSLA would have returned to sub $50 by now.

I guess they don't understand that cars are on ships on their way to more customers globally. There will always be cars "In the Pipeline" now that the pipeline is filling up. I see it as an indicator that there are more eager customers waiting for deliver with check-in-hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, more quarter end domestic deliveries are overflowing into the next quarter.

In the USA, In the Money (ITM) options can be exercised before expiration. Johan is in Europe where options don't have this feature (but he is probably aware of this difference). Someone selling $250 puts now need to have a margin account, options level approval, and enough cash to buy the stock should the buyer exercise the purchased option early. even one contract of 100 shares is $20K right now, so be careful.

What about the CPO program Tesla is gearing up for? Could some of the finished inventory be these used cars they are preparing to sell through that program? Which, if so, represent a revenue opportunity with no cost of production.

We do know it represents the scalper cars in China.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll be in a lull till April 30th when the market (overall public) realizes that Tesla Motors isn't just a car company.

I think so too. While yesterday's gain was more than I expected, I believe regular volatility now returns in a general sideways or slight down pattern at least until the end of the month. I'm not yet convinced that the expected topic of Stationary Energy Storage on the 30th will click for most of the market. It might originally be received by the market the same way as SuperCharger Network and GF were - *splat*. Anything that doesn't have numbers attached seems to take the market a long time to comprehend.

What about the CPO program Tesla is gearing up for? Could some of the finished inventory be these used cars they are preparing to sell through that program? Which, if so, represent a revenue opportunity with no cost of production.

Perhaps, but you also should know that new inventory cars (orphaned cars) were getting hard to come by at the end of the quarter. They are snapped up really fast.

If the current price of the stock is $200, how do I buy shares at $250? It seems like all I could do at $250 is buy or sell puts and calls. I hope I'm not being *too* dense...

There's a Newbie options thread where these things are explained. Selling puts though is not something for a newbie and requires a lot of cash or margin.

Basically you pocket $61 now but between now and expiry the holder (buyer) if the put has the right to sell you TSLA at $250. He/she decides if and when to exercise the option, not you. The break even for you is $189. If the stock goes lower you're going to lose money if it's exercised. Likely though you would rather buy back the put at more than $61.

Status
Not open for further replies.