Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We really need some good news.

Like maybe that master plan Elon hinted at?

I agree, of course. I'm in deep on the Jul 22 $235 calls.

Where can you see pre-market volume? Are there US brokers that allow pre-market options trading? Thanks

Unless i'm misunderstanding what my Canadian broker's screens were showing me... Normally, all of the options show as a $0.00 bid and ask, and no volume. This morning, they were showing non-zero volume and last prices wildly different from last night's close. I can't trade them outside of regular hours, but it seemed to be showing me data about it.

Like maybe that master plan Elon hinted at?

I agree, of course. I'm in deep on the Jul 22 $235 calls.

Unless i'm misunderstanding what my Canadian broker's screens were showing me... Normally, all of the options show as a $0.00 bid and ask, and no volume. This morning, they were showing non-zero volume and last prices wildly different from last night's close. I can't trade them outside of regular hours, but it seemed to be showing me data about it.

Thanks. I was under the impression options only traded during normal hours on US exchanges. I thought there might be something in Europe you were seeing.

Hasn't BMW's entire EV department just left the company, and hasn't BMW publicly said they were shelving their EV plans to focus on autonomy instead?

No, that was a misinterpretation of what they said. BMW said that their i division will focus on autonomous driving, while they integrate Electric and Plug-In into their normal Model ranges.

Yes. I read and occasionally contribute. I'll bet you have me pegged as "ValueAnalyst"
So when I asked if you are a blogger monetizing anti-tesla content, you were not entirely forthcoming? I must doubt your intent to buy a model 3 as well, unless it is to have a smash a model 3 party with the other professional tesla haters.
Off track comment: I listened to an interesting discussion with David McCullough, the author, talking about the American Revolution. He was convinced there is no way George Washington could have survived in our culture. We would have lost Brooklyn Heights to the British, you and your likes would have killed the revolution with attack journalism. The bottom feeding do nothing critics would have buried him before crossing the Delaware.
Also, if you really are sincere and are evaluating Tesla as a value stock and think you justify your click bait with your value story, this is not a value stock. We have had other value discussions and it misses the point of a high growth company. I think other value "analysts" have had their Netflix is going to die tomorrow, Amazon will never make a dime and think that any company that is not already a cash cow and returning 30-60% of profits to shareholders should be shuttered down immediately. Any analysis of Tesla value is based on rate of growth, expected margin improvements and a competitive advantage it has over competitors.
At this point the competition's best bet is to hire lobbyists and bloggers to damage Tesla reputation and create doubt about Tesla being the safest car on the road. Distracting from the American designed, built and energized 100% with power made in America and a car that is higher quality and better performance than everyone else.
*sorry for the long rant, these for hire scribes really get my goat.

So when I asked if you are a blogger monetizing anti-tesla content, you were not entirely forthcoming? I must doubt your intent to buy a model 3 as well, unless it is to have a smash a model 3 party with the other professional tesla haters.
Off track comment: I listened to an interesting discussion with David McCullough, the author, talking about the American Revolution. He was convinced there is no way George Washington could have survived in our culture. We would have lost Brooklyn Heights to the British, you and your likes would have killed the revolution with attack journalism. The bottom feeding do nothing critics would have buried him before crossing the Delaware.
Also, if you really are sincere and are evaluating Tesla as a value stock and think you justify your click bait with your value story, this is not a value stock. We have had other value discussions and it misses the point of a high growth company. I think other value "analysts" have had their Netflix is going to die tomorrow, Amazon will never make a dime and think that any company that is not already a cash cow and returning 30-60% of profits to shareholders should be shuttered down immediately. Any analysis of Tesla value is based on rate of growth, expected margin improvements and a competitive advantage it has over competitors.
At this point the competition's best bet is to hire lobbyists and bloggers to damage Tesla reputation and create doubt about Tesla being the safest car on the road. Distracting from the American designed, built and energized 100% with power made in America and a car that is higher quality and better performance than everyone else.
*sorry for the long rant, these for hire scribes really get my goat.

You know I never equated South African Elon Musk as George Washington. But now I see it, Hat on, sword waving, in his SpaceX rocket, on his way to a planet with plenty of Sun and no Big Oil.

I make good use of the "ignore" feature but it is odd to see so many people shadowboxing with someone. All I see is frustration with bad posts I don't see. I would like to convert more to the glorious church of the "ignore" feature. If he loses critical mass with people responding he will give up.
Nah, one of the other trolls will come back from vacation and just start their puppet conversation. You just won't see it. ;-) But ignoring a clearly ID'd troll is always the best thing. Anyone who invests based on what some anonymous Internet troll says here or writes on a clickbait website gets what they deserve.

Ignore doesn't work unless everyone stops taking the bait. Just seeing 1 side a conversation that is response to a troll is almost as bad as the trolling itself. The damage isn't just the constant defense against nonsense, but the opportunity cost of not having real discussions.

Please don't READ the trolls. Please don't FEED the trolls. I put them on ignore a while back, and I can you tell with certainty that life is better without them.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.