Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like maybe that master plan Elon hinted at?

This is Jedi Musk's time to shine. He better not **** it up. We don't need another sell on the news event.

Tough to sit back while the rest of the market is making all time highs.....

Something tells me it is the right thing to do.

Yes, exactly... But it could very well be a "sell the news" situation. If it reaches my target before news drops, I'll start scaling out and probably just stay in with a few shares.

What would make it easier, is if ppl get x-posts With 10-20 dislikes each they get an auto-ban for 7 days or somthing like that. ;-)

This way, they have to restrain themselves a bit..

I'm thinking it might be more effective if I rated Dislike for every post responding to the trollish one.

I ignored the obvious troll "X?No" (or whatever its handle is) a long time ago. But he/she must be really riling up the troops because I'm recently seeing all kinds of responses to said trolling that I have ZERO interest in seeing. I thought about ignoring those that respond but those people often have many other good posts.

Mike

Getting back to short term price movements. Someone dumped 20,000 shares at 11:34 EDT before a steady rise for a half hour into the green. Then at 12:09-10 EDT, another 20,000 shares were dumped bringing the price back to oscillations around the unchanged level. It could be that no single entity dumped those numbers of shares, but were counting on limits set by day traders (weak longs) to produce downward cascades.

Some traders may have been anticipating good news, which could account for the half hour rise. Others apparently want to keep a lid on the price and are prepared to hammer it down if necessary. It could be that shorts want to keep the price range bound to allow for an extended period of quiet short covering before Elon publishes his updated master plan.

Last edited:
I know this has been posted here already. I suggest everyone who cares, post this on twitter and facebook and any other social media you follow. The haters are getting paid for click and maybe by stakeholders against Tesla, so crowdsourcing a response may be a way to counteract the intended negative aura being propagated. Responding to liars is a losing game, focusing on a positive agenda is a much more productive response.

Leave Tesla Alone

I truly hope that Musk will release his new plan in the weekend. That way everybody will have time to think and philosophise about the plan and it's implications before the markets open and people become short-sighted again.

It worked well with the Q2 numbers! :) (although that was a long weekend)

Reactions: tander
SolarCity is gaining quite nicely. It's up about 2%. Tesla seems to be responding with going green recently.

Here's a trade idea for a cash poor Tesla bull who believes the acquisition will go through between .122 and .131.

Sell 100 shares TSLA.
Buy 820 shares SCTY.
Net about $2000 cash.

When the acquisition goes through, 820 shares SCTY converts to 100 to 107.4 shares of TSLA.

So for the whole trade on can net about $2000 plus 0 to 7 shares of Tesla.

One must determine for oneself if this is worth the risk. The downside is if this deal does not go through and the return on 820 shares of SolarCity is less than the return on 100 shares Tesla minus $2000 cash.

My own outlook is that, if the deal does not go through, this will be bad for Tesla share prices. Basically, such a failure would reflect poorly on Musk and his visionary leadership. So I'm not convinced that holding Tesla shares through this is any safer than holding SolarCity shares. So if you're seriously worried about that, pulling out a little cash is not a bad thing.

So I think Tesla bulls should get solidly behind the acquisition and position themselves to make about 10% on the deal.

On Tesla web page, model x delivery time is late September if you order now. Remember Tesla has received 30k+ model x orders before the production even began. While it only delivered <7k model xs, and a quarterly production rate ~1k, which means ~13k model x can be produced in Q3 (before Sep.). Does this mean 10k model x orders are cancelled?

Maybe, maybe not. It worked well on Friday->Monday. Scored a bunch for cheap on friday, and monday's pop made me a pretty penny.

It'll work out OK if i'm right about direction and timing. Like pretty much any option trade.

LOL. Not a good plan.

It's a good plan until it isn't... Just don't overextend yourself and average down on margin and be prepared to hold it for as long as it takes (or set a STRICT stop-loss and follow it), trust me.

Reactions: Matias
I
On Tesla web page, model x delivery time is late September if you order now. Remember Tesla has received 30k+ model x orders before the production even began. While it only delivered <7k model xs, and a quarterly production rate ~1k, which means ~13k model x can be produced in Q3 (before Sep.). Does this mean 10k model x orders are cancelled?

No.
One can think of several reasons why.

One being that many who ordered will wait until they could see the Model-x in person and did a testdrive before converting their reservation into a fixed order.

Reactions: TMSE
Status
Not open for further replies.