Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys just scare me. SMP2 is good for the long term viability of Tesla. It will not likely have any immediate impact on TSLA stock price. Time to get sober and temper your expectations.
I don't expect its going to be huge, but when the SP gains $8 at Elon's suggesting that he is working on it, for release later, it would be naive to think its not going to move the SP needle at all. This *is* the Short-Term thread...

And while I don't expect it to be huge, the ridiculous levels of shorting going on could make it bigger than it really ought to be.

Well, let me elaborate...
NFLX is the ticker symbol of Netflix. Netflix announced today, that it acquired the exclusive international distribution rights to the upcoming new Star Trek TV series. Star Trek is a science fiction franchise that was heavily referenced/made fun of in the comedy Spaceballs. Spaceballs features space ships capable of insane and ludicrous speeds. Teslas are the only vehicles known to man actually capable of those speeds. TSLA is the ticker symbol of Tesla.
See? So obvious...

I believe Spaceballs was a spoof of Star Wars, not Star Trek. e.g., Rick Moranis (Darth Vader character) and John Candy (Chewbacca Charcter)

• Helpful
Reactions: hoang51
I don't expect its going to be huge, but when the SP gains $8 at Elon's suggesting that he is working on it, for release later, it would be naive to think its not going to move the SP needle at all. This *is* the Short-Term thread...

And while I don't expect it to be huge, the ridiculous levels of shorting going on could make it bigger than it really ought to be.

By the way, I do not want shorties to cover so soon. Higher the stock price on secular long accumulation, larger the pain shorts endure. Shorts are in deep denial and will likely stay put until it is too late.

My take is that stock price will gradually grind up all the way up to $280 right before Q3 production and delivery update in early October. I am expecting very good production/delivery numbers for Q3 (~24K). If they meet or exceed it, it is all fireworks from then on! Short squeeze happening then will be a lot more powerful and propel SP all the way up to $400. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Replying to something a few pages back: It isn't a short squeeze unless the volume is abnormally high. That's because in a true short squeeze, the shorts (and there are multiple days of normal trading of them out there) are trying to cover, and weak longs are selling, and Joe on the Street is saying "hey, what's this Telsa [sic] thing? I should buy some!", and shorts who covered twenty minutes ago are thinking "it's gotta go down again... short!".

Today was just a nice upward day because SCTY got more cash and looks better, and a rocket landed.

69516736.jpg

I love reading his tweets. They're all very humorous rants and not to be taken seriously at all. It's all funny and he's a joke.

The guy is a joke, but he apparently manages $4.5M of other people moneys invested in his Pooled Investment Hedge Fund.

I have to say that amount of stink he releases into the Internets is grossly out of proportion with the amount of money he manages.

Replying to something a few pages back: It isn't a short squeeze unless the volume is abnormally high.
Daily volume, you mean. In a big short-covering rally or a short squeeze, you'll actually have very very choppy minute-by-minute volume. Just to clarify. You have wide bid-ask spreads, and huge numbers of orders, so you get periods when none of them are crossing and no trades are made alternating with periods when enormous numbers of shares trade hands very quickly. (This always happens in a certain sense, but it gets magnified in a short-covering rally.) You can also start to witness the computer systems failing and orders getting backlogged and delayed, so it's a dangerous time to trade...

(This is by contrast to another situation where you can have very high *steady* daily volume which isn't choppy, with fairly little price movement. I've been been quite sure why that happens, but I've heard it suggested that it happened when stocks are added to or removed from indexes.)

That's because in a true short squeeze, the shorts (and there are multiple days of normal trading of them out there) are trying to cover, and weak longs are selling, and Joe on the Street is saying "hey, what's this Telsa [sic] thing? I should buy some!", and shorts who covered twenty minutes ago are thinking "it's gotta go down again... short!".
...and the market makers are trying to collect on the big spreads; and most of the algos are trying to bail out because their algorithms can't handle the short squeeze, while a few squeeze-focused algos are trying to get in...

That's the time when I like to be a long-term investor who is relaxing in a hot tub and ignoring the stock until the next morning. :)

Today was just a nice upward day because SCTY got more cash and looks better, and a rocket landed.

The guy is a joke, but he apparently manages $4.5M of other people moneys invested in his Pooled Investment Hedge Fund.

I have to say that amount of stink he releases into the Internets is grossly out of proportion with the amount of money he manages.
Wonder if those people know he is an unhinged troll?

Status
Not open for further replies.