Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty funny tweet from a frustrated short today:

Gee, he is getting more desperate by the minute.

DlBMtpc8_normal.jpg
Mark B. Spiegel (@markbspiegel)
18-07-16 22:04
Okay, Teslarians: time to sell some $TSLA to cover those $NFLX margin calls.

How can anybody take his company (Stanphyl Capital Management LLC) serious ?

I'm starting to think that putting any weight whatsoever on AH numbers is futile. Seems like every day, we make it a few minutes past 4pm and we're like $1 in the red AH.

Racer26, right now I regard the after-hours trading as pretty much non-consequential. The starting price the following day seems to not be influenced much by the after-hours trading. If a news story comes out after-hours and we see substantial movement in TSLA SP, the market is telling us something, but this dependable drop after-hours strikes me as either manipulation or profit-taking at the end of a good day for longs.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I think he basically tweeted as much a couple of weeks ago...someone posted a solar/battery/car solution and he said "something like that". Right?

I think so. I have also heard:

1) Future vehicle lineup. Like 20k sedan, truck, roadster 2.0.
2) Factory plan
3) Mars trip stuff.

(the last one may have been apocryphal)

I would love to see 1 and 2, and they are worthy of a SMP2 but the energy strategy is the most boring so most likely.

Gee, he is getting more desperate by the minute.

DlBMtpc8_normal.jpg
Mark B. Spiegel (@markbspiegel)
18-07-16 22:04
Okay, Teslarians: time to sell some $TSLA to cover those $NFLX margin calls.

How can anybody take his company (Stanphyl Capital Management LLC) serious ?

Trust me: no one is taking it seriously. This guy needs to look in the mirror and say hi to a true loser.

Groan required here for conflating Star Trek and Star Wars. I don't recall a single Star Trek reference in Spaceballs.
How dare you??!! :D
Very OT, but I did check wikipedia before posting (this being the internet where no lies or errors will stand!) and they had a stereotypical Scottish transporter chief named "Snotty".

• Funny
Reactions: Gerardf
With the domain name change it seems almost certain the the master plan centers on solarcity and the retail strategy.

It is curious how unprepared Musk was to defend the SCTY purchase when it was announced. It makes me wonder what SCTY Q2 ER looks like.

I really like the whole Tesla store concept. Tesla can be in the top 100 malls in the world in a modest sized space. No one in cars or solar will match that approach. Shark Tank would approve.

With the domain name change it seems almost certain the the master plan centers on solarcity and the retail strategy.

It is curious how unprepared Musk was to defend the SCTY purchase when it was announced. It makes me wonder what SCTY Q2 ER looks like.

I really like the whole Tesla store concept. Tesla can be in the top 100 malls in the world in a modest sized space. No one in cars or solar will match that approach. Shark Tank would approve.
In the underground parking of Chinook Centre in Calgary smelling ICE fumes and then I pass by an Oasis.....a special VIP select section for Tesla supercharging. People standing around salivating over the thought of owning one.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Star Trek reference in Spaceballs:
[Lone Starr sneaks up behind a guard and grabs him by the neck.]
Guard:: What hell are you doing?
Lone Starr: The Vulcan neck pinch?
Guard:: No, no stupid. You've got it much too high, it's more down here where the shoulder meets the neck.
Lone Starr: Like this?
Guard: Yeah!
[The guard collapses.]

I should have kept my mouth shut, being FAR from a spaceballs expert. I stand corrected.

How do we know whether short squeeze or genuine long accumulation is happening?

Short interest data is too little too late anyway, it is published only twice a month and delayed 2 weeks :(
Three ways:
If there's a catalyst and the SP continues to shoot up way more than a reasonable amount given the catalyst.

No fundamental catalyst but it shoots up before the SCTY vote.

Wait for Jesse, fluxcap, irishjug etc. to fill us in.

Can we please avoid a repeat of last night and not have multiple pages of speculation about exactly when Elon is going to release the SMP2?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.