Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interesting thing is that in the video accompanying the livestreem the GF capacity was shown as 50GWh --> 500,000 cars (2018) and 150GWh --> 1,500,000 cars. So from the 2018 on the working assumption is that average capacity of the battery pack in a car will be 100kWh.

But what about PowerWalls and PowerPacks? It's not just car battery packs.

Yes, looks like the hoped for meat wasn't there so nothing interesting for the markets to chew and what could have a positive impact on SP. So it may be an awesome party (sad I missed that), but with no M3 test rides and only very short lip service from Elon and JB with absolutely nothing new (well ok, the minibus might be new a bit) and not concrete data on GF operations or Power* product plans that haven't been already mentioned in the news briefing it's not going to support the SP. The short covering is so while I hoped for a pop on Monday from GF news that I could use to move some of my shorter term riskier sold puts to less risky positions I'll just do it at what ever price action there is, planning to not change too much, but will somewhat reduce my delta going into earnings by moving some Aug puts to Dec and then back after the ER.

open
The interesting thing is that in the video accompanying the livestreem the GF capacity was shown as 50GWh --> 500,000 cars (2018)
open
and 150GWh --> 1,500,000 cars. So from the 2018 on the working assumption is that average capacity of the battery pack in a car will be 100kWh.

This is immense - 150GWh - 3 x the yearly (2013) manufacturing in the World.
Elon said 50% sharing between stationary and vehicles - my guess is average 70kWh for the cars and average 30kWh for storage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.