Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point of issuing a PT update days before the ER? Why can it not wait until after we get a more clear picture of how the company is actually doing to then get a more accurate assessment? If you update now, there's a chance you'll have to update yet again mere days later when the ER conference sheds more light on the company's progress and prospects.

The only likely reason is manipulation.

Last edited:
I criticized Jonas when he & Tesla had that timely upgrade & secondary that his firm underwrote a few years ago, I also criticized him for his fantasy filled shared mobility report, maybe he just got caught up in Elons hype like many here & is now awakening to the costly poor decisions that have been made.

I documented the shared mobility thing online before Jonas, not impossible that this is where he got the idea from. Any fantasy involved in that is to dispute it. The other fantasy is to imagine that this epiphany could or should have anything to do with quarterly or annual price targets years in advance of autonomous shared mobility becoming a product. It was really bad manners on the part of AJ to behave so blatantly in the service of a conflict of interest. That cost him credibility.

His later notes advocating for Tesla to focus on a high end niche play and a load of bunk about price-driven demand and Model 3 delays have been absolute fantasy - totally absurd, baseless and unprofessional. It is not an analyst's job to imagine themselves running a company that he is clearly not qualified to run, but to analyze the company as it actually is managed by someone who clearly is qualified to do so.

Concerning Jonas, More than the target , what is bothersome is the direction.
The magnitude is questionable, though the direction is negative.

and we are fully aware of the potential
issues, though self deception is blinding some, including me.

the remedy to offset self deception in trading, sell stop orders

Last edited:
With regards to the downgrades today why is it not possible that some of these analysts might know something that this board has not seen?

Jonas has stated his reasoning. The points made are wrong where reason is the foundation and those errors are couched in baseless speculation.

That is the bottom line here. If he had lowered his PT without giving any reasons, that would have been more powerful. As it is the note including the resulting PT reduction is bunk.

What is the point of issuing a PT update days before the ER? Why can it not wait until after we a more clear picture of how the company is actually doing to then get a more accurate assessment? If you update now, there's a chance you'll have to update yet again mere days later when the ER conference sheds more light on the company's progress and prospects.

The only likely reason is manipulation.

This is my thinking. Nothing, nothing, nothing for months and then 9 days before the earnings report, where you will get full year figures for 2015 and 2016 outlook you update your price target based on very thin info... Smells fishy.

You mentioned your 2013 Seeking Alpha articles coincided with a $2B increase in Tesla market cap so I don't doubt your believe AJ got the shared mobility idea from you as well.

They did. The timing is as I have stated and this is an irrefutable piece of the public record. Believe whatever you want, but to believe in your snark you would need to re-write history. That would be a sign of delusion my friend.

TSLA back in the green.

I can't see that trade on the nasdaq.com page. If not a whale of a trade, it still is a pretty big fish!

I believe he meant cumulative volume up to that point. Over 1M in volume in less than 30 min...

A couple of those spikes sure helped out a bit. TSLA now beating the NASDAQ despite the downgrade. Seeing green at closing on a day like this would be a nice catalyst for the rest of the week.

Total OT anecdote, but my 2013 model S doesn't have A/P hardware so I scheduled a test drive with one that does... Holy cow that is cool stuff! Now I am probably going to get a new model S. I think there is a very large amount of Tesla->Tesla sales going on right now.

Edit: My DCA'ed calls are green! looks like they are rising faster than normal...

Last edited:
I'm calling this a bottom. I think we enter our next leg up after ER given this price action. Too many catalysts in the short term. If we finish green on a day like today with so much downward pressure I think those are great signs for times to come.

sing a long time....... Instead of the boys are back in town we can substitute bulls for boys!

- - - Updated - - -

Total OT anecdote, but my 2013 model S doesn't have A/P hardware so I scheduled a test drive with one that does... Holy cow that is cool stuff! Now I am probably going to get a new model S. I think there is a very large amount of Tesla->Tesla sales going on right now.

Edit: My DCA'ed calls are green! looks like they are rising faster than normal...
Does Autopilot start with a certain # vin? Like after 40xxx

You mentioned your 2013 Seeking Alpha articles coincided with a $2B increase in Tesla market cap so I don't doubt your believe AJ got the shared mobility idea from you as well.

LOL.

I tried to stay away but the level of absurdity has gone from mere comical to just flat out disingenuous. Now, I'm not sure if I am allowed to use those words around these parts but just to reiterate what Lump is referring to - A certain individual on this forum has now not only claimed to move markets (by billions in market cap) through his words, but also the newest revelation that analysts from major financial institutions are plagiarizing his online diatribes in their investment thesis.

Let that sink in for a second.

Now, come to the realization that others are banned for "snippiness" when bringing this to light, while this... let's use an euphemism and call it hyperbolic story-telling is left unimpeded. On an investment forum where disingenuous claims can cause financial harm to others.

Why? Because he is on the same side of the trade as most here? Imagine a short spouting even a fraction of the absurdity and how they would be handled. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.