Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please. As an analyst he's either manipulative or bipolar, take your pick. He's done this before, he'll likely do it again.

Or is still pissed at Elon for refusing to discuss shared mobility with him at the (two) ER(s). The timing of this note (when TSLA is bumping into 52-week low) is suspicious indeed. I did not see the note, but from what was posted by Lump, there is no new information nor special insight there. So the question is why now?

Or is still pissed at Elon for refusing to discuss shared mobility with him at the (two) ER(s). The timing of this note (when TSLA is bumping into 52-week low) is suspicious indeed. I did not see the note, but from what was posted by Lump, there is no new information nor special insight there. So the question is why now?

I agree. I was thinking to myself how pissed he's going to be when Elon doesn't answer the question for a third time. :biggrin: Seriously, how can you even note competition in the shared mobility sector as a knock against Tesla when they've said nothing about it? And a reduction in regards to Tesla Energy? Why now, indeed! You couldn't wait until the end of the week, until after ER? Really!?

Oh, please. As an analyst he's either manipulative or bipolar, take your pick. He's done this before, he'll likely do it again.
I criticized Jonas when he & Tesla had that timely upgrade & secondary that his firm underwrote a few years ago, I also criticized him for his fantasy filled shared mobility report, maybe he just got caught up in Elons hype like many here & is now awakening to the costly poor decisions that have been made.

I agree. I was thinking to myself how pissed he's going to be when Elon doesn't answer the question for a third time. :biggrin: Seriously, how can you even note competition in the shared mobility sector as a knock against Tesla when they've said nothing about it? And a reduction in regards to Tesla Energy? Why now, indeed! You couldn't wait until the end of the week, until after ER? Really!?
how can we cheer the 500 PT and then later diss him when target is lowered to 325 with stock price down 100 from all time high.

With regards to the downgrades today why is it not possible that some of these analysts might know something that this board has not seen? Why is every price target cut/downgrade speculated as being revenge for Elon not banking with a particular firm, wanting to mop up shares on the low end, being mentally ill (bi-polar reference)?

How about listening to reason: This Model X clearly is not going according to launch plan and could cause real problems meeting numbers, macro economics pointing to recession in some areas, some doubt about the veracity of what the 3 launch will be. Rather than listen it is dismissed as sinister action to destroy TSLA. This is not a way to go though life. Remember, the markets are always looking into the future and for some, the future must be a little less rosy.

And before I am called a dirty short, trust me, I am not. I have only held TSLA long and right now have no position. Will look at entering back around $155

I criticized Jonas when he & Tesla had that timely upgrade & secondary that his firm underwrote a few years ago, I also criticized him for his fantasy filled shared mobility report, maybe he just got caught up in Elons hype like many here & is now awakening to the costly poor decisions that have been made.

So you call him out on two previous occasions, but give him the benefit of the doubt now and blame Tesla? Stop it. The transparency is blinding me.

they lowered to $333.
SP still way too low.

It smells like Manipulation
Yeah and it was also manipulation when he raised it to $465 because he added in a shared self-driving fleet. Which is perfect because now he can do a "massive" downgrade but still be above where he worked that speculation into his target. (He went from $280 to $465) The idea that the market still listens to this guy is confirmation to me that the market is not, in fact, efficient and we have a chance for larger than average returns especially when we are working in relatively small amounts of money in our individual portfolios.

Keep in mind - he left himself room for further small downgrades. What a joke.

how can we cheer the 500 PT and then later diss him when target is lowered to 325 with stock price down 100 from all time high.

Honestly, he's probably doing this as a pre-emptive strike to management to basically force them to answer his questions on the Conference Call so he can "update his models" and give a looney price target again. It'll probably go along the lines of... after the FY2015 CC and 2016 Full Year guidance along with commentary from management we are reinstating our price target to $465 due to minimization of execution risk and the fact that Model X delays and production issues have been worked out thus far and volume deliveries are near. Tesla energy also began deliveries and first installation with a larger than expected amount of Powerpak installations...

Then this forum will start to put up the Elon holding a champagne bottle picture up. Then somebody writes poetry. Then we are back where we are right now with doom and gloom and people whining about losing money. lol

The how is easy, we've seen it. The why is the more intriguing question. People are funny creatures and will do some of the most interesting things especially when they feel slighted, don't get their way, or just plain as crooked as the day is long and money is involved.

Because his high valuation was based on it. Back then there was also a lot of support for the idea, but there was really nothing to back it up apart from the look into the future and possible autonomous cars.

For the record he lost all credibility with me with the upgrade to $465. Granted, it was already wearing thin with the numerous $10 downgrades here and there. The truth is that upgrade was probably for Tesla's benefit so I guess it works out for us - but nothing about Jonas' price targets should be used for evaluating TSLA trades.

With regards to the downgrades today why is it not possible that some of these analysts might know something that this board has not seen? Why is every price target cut/downgrade speculated as being revenge for Elon not banking with a particular firm, wanting to mop up shares on the low end, being mentally ill (bi-polar reference)?

If you followed his reports and listened to him talk you wouldn't be asking these questions.

How about listening to reason: This Model X clearly is not going according to launch plan and could cause real problems meeting numbers, macro economics pointing to recession in some areas, some doubt about the veracity of what the 3 launch will be. Rather than listen it is dismissed as sinister action to destroy TSLA. This is not a way to go though life. Remember, the markets are always looking into the future and for some, the future must be a little less rosy.

I read his reasons. Reduction based on competition in the shared mobility market - what's up with that?. What's that got to do with Tesla, except that Jonas has had some WAG going on the last two ERs that Elon refused to answer, and yet Jonas still ran with the bone and is still running with it.

Certainly business climate can change and an analyst should reflect that in their reports. Going from one extreme to the next is a whole other story when in fact that's not what is happening with the company. This is a pattern to Jonas' reports. He's done it before. How quickly we forget, eh?

Because his high valuation was based on it. Back then there was also a lot of support for the idea, but there was really nothing to back it up apart from the look into the future and possible autonomous cars.

Perhaps he shouldn't have based his high valuation on something that was never announced or discussed by Tesla. The only person supporting Jonas' idea was Jonas.

Status
Not open for further replies.