Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Market is telling us how little they actually care about AJ's opinions re: TSLA.

This feels like the bottom. Oil falls 4% and an analyst downgrade, yet we're up. We've tested the 190 range twice before and been rewarded, perhaps the third time is a charm!

LOL.

I tried to stay away but the level of absurdity has gone from mere comical to just flat out disingenuous. Now, I'm not sure if I am allowed to use those words around these parts but just to reiterate what Lump is referring to - A certain individual on this forum has now not only claimed to move markets (by billions in market cap) through his words, but also the newest revelation that analysts from major financial institutions are plagiarizing his online diatribes in their investment thesis.

Let that sink in for a second.

Now, come to the realization that others are banned for "snippiness" when bringing this to light, while this... let's use an euphemism and call it hyperbolic story-telling is left unimpeded. On an investment forum where disingenuous claims can cause financial harm to others.

Why? Because he is on the same side of the trade as most here? Imagine a short spouting even a fraction of the absurdity and how they would be handled. Ridiculous.

"A certain individual on this forum has now not only claimed to move markets (by billions in market cap) through his words, but also the newest revelation that analysts from major financial institutions are plagiarizing his online diatribes in their investment thesis."

This commenter is referring to me.

Fact: I wrote some commentary and two articles in 2013. The articles alone were published coincident with TSLA stock rallies amounting to at least $2 billion in market cap that has never been erased since.

Fact: I am the first commentator on the public internet or any other form of public media, certainly that I am aware of describing the Tesla Autonomous Fleet and its implications.

Fact: I have NEVER claimed causality. To imply otherwise is offensive to me in the absolute extreme.

Moderator: This is not a debate between myself and my assailant. These insinuations are dishonest and a unilateral assault on my character.

Guys, the downgrade worked exactly as intended from the institutions' point of view. It slammed the SP down at the open in the face of good news, shook out the weak-hand retails, and the institutions swooped in and stole the shares from panic-sellers at 52-week lows. Then, as you'd expect, there's a massive reversal triggered by "market forces." The stock market is manipulated on a continual basis and it's especially apparent with high beta stocks hugely sold short, like TSLA. As I said a couple days ago, I think it's going to run up until earnings.

Just had to laugh at CNBC....."Tesla shares in the red after downgrade........" But the graphic on the screen showed TSLA in the green by almost 3%. Must not have updated that copy quick enough.

Thats classic CNBC

nice to see posts from "old school" TMCrs. Hogfighter and V12-to-12V

also, I'd like to see Julian and Jesse continue contributing to TMC.
Please, guys just ignore each other. You both have valued inputs to TMC.

Last edited:
Btw, before I get banned again, thank you to all the kind words from the comments and private messages. It is really surprising considering my brief tenure here.

I bought back half of what I sold at 220 this morning. Like I stated in one of my last posts, short term macro risks started abating the last 2 weeks. There was no guarantee of that happening, hence the reason to sell in the first place. And even now we are not out of the woods, the next 2-3 weeks are crucial to see how the markets hold up. But short term we are ok.

The other half of my position I am sticking to the original plan of buying it back after we are comfortably back above 220, a technical level for me that represents "out of the woods" for company specific risk. As to the question of "what is the point of this" that has been asked, it is so that in the case where we don't "get out go the woods", I can purchase lower at 150, 120, or perhaps not at all depending on company fundamentals.

welcome back, just let the tiff with Julian go and move on. I appreciate both your posts but neither influence my investing strategies.

edit - I can't remember seeing green like this on a day with an analyst downgrade, is my memory failing me? This has got to be a very positive sign, at least until earnings is released.

Guys, the downgrade worked exactly as intended from the institutions' point of view. It slammed the SP down at the open in the face of good news, shook out the weak-hand retails, and the institutions swooped in and stole the shares from panic-sellers at 52-week lows. Then, as you'd expect, there's a massive reversal triggered by "market forces." The stock market is manipulated on a continual basis and it's especially apparent with high beta stocks hugely sold short, like TSLA. As I said a couple days ago, I think it's going to run up until earnings.

FWIW $330 is a far more realistic 2016 PT, I would maintain my earlier thesis that we will see a brief late summer Q3 peak significantly higher than this at the crest of a short squeeze but $330 to exit the year with support at or near this level would be about right. Jonas was not wrong about the implications of Autonomous Fleet but suggesting it should weigh on the near term 2015/16 PT to $450-$465 is and was premature to the point of hubris.

Moderator: This is not a debate between myself and my assailant. These insinuations are dishonest and a unilateral assault on my character.

This will be my last reply to you. Indeed there is no debate. You are being called out for absurd and ridiculous claims. The same way a short would be called out for spewing nonsense.

I hope the moderators can see this and hold people to the same standard REGARDLESS of the poster's bias(long or short).

For short term price movement, I think it'll be VERY important to see on CC how Elon answers the accusation of Model 3 delay until late 2018.

I think there's ZERO chance of Elon saying the Model 3 is delayed at this point. Whether it really is delayed is impossible to know.

Its clear to me that tesla needs an on-time launch by end of 2017.

FWIW $330 is a far more realistic 2016 PT, I would maintain my earlier thesis that we will see a brief late summer Q3 peak significantly higher than this at the crest of a short squeeze but $330 to exit the year with support at or near this level would be about right. Jonas was not wrong about the implications of Autonomous Fleet but suggesting it should weigh on the near term 2015/16 PT to $450-$465 is and was premature to the point of hubris.
I think longs are in for some much needed revenge. Personally, I cannot stand the makeup of a Tesla short. They have made yahoo message boards unreadable. It may be a small sample of the Tesla short mindset but I doubt it. I would certainly welcome $330 with open arms.

I approve this message and will post TA analysis later to give more proof. If we can close above 200, that would be very bullish sign.

I'm calling this a bottom. I think we enter our next leg up after ER given this price action. Too many catalysts in the short term. If we finish green on a day like today with so much downward pressure I think those are great signs for times to come.

I approve this message and will post TA analysis later to give more proof. If we can close above 200, that would be very bullish sign.

I have avoided all the bottom calling around $200 but agree that today represents at least a short term reprieve before ER, and since I would like some exposure going into ER I bought it. For a long term bottom and path to ATH we need ER to deliver.

Last edited:
"Tesla, GM and Delphi Best Stocks in a Worsening Auto Market" - Dan Galves of Credit Suisse

"Luxury brands endured particularly harsh gross margin pressures in Q4. Galves also notes that much of the luxury weakness is centered on German brands, including Audi, BMW and Mercedes.

Read more: http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-rat...stocks-in-a-worsening-auto-mark#ixzz3yw45aPgF "

No kidding. That would be margin pressure from Model S.

TSLA +3.95%
NASDAQ - 0.53%
Dow Jones - 0.77%

High beta stock. Scratches head.

Status
Not open for further replies.