Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My meta-analysis of this thread is the following (1) Substantial volume of negative outlook posts in the past few days (2) Drastically increased activity from accounts that dislike Tesla Motors.

In the context of TSLA moving below 200, I would say this might be a good time for long term investors to DCA any additions of TSLA into their portfolios. The time to buy is when there is fear and uncertainty everywhere. People have called me a psychopath, abnormal, and even financially suicidal, but the fact remains that fear of loss is felt 2x happiness from gain. For abnormal people who either don't experience this or can isolate the fear, there's a lot of money to be made preying on weak sellers.

I swear, I swear! I'm normal! Normal I say... I think.

Just because @MitchJi mentioned "Tesla killer", and I immediately thought of Talking Heads "Psycho killer" doesn't mean anything... I swear!

• Love
Reactions: CALGARYARSENAL
My meta-analysis of this thread is the following (1) Substantial volume of negative outlook posts in the past few days (2) Drastically increased activity from accounts that dislike Tesla Motors.

In the context of TSLA moving below 200, I would say this might be a good time for long term investors to DCA any additions of TSLA into their portfolios. The time to buy is when there is fear and uncertainty everywhere. People have called me a psychopath, abnormal, and even financially suicidal, but the fact remains that fear of loss is felt 2x happiness from gain. For abnormal people who either don't experience this or can isolate the fear, there's a lot of money to be made preying on weak sellers.

Tweet of the month!!

How is NFLX relevant to TSLA discussion?

When looking at the Macro environment. As long as Macro environment stays good, TSLA will be just fine. When you see a growth stock up by 20 percent, that tells you macro is doing just fine. BTW: Morgan Stanley just came out and said the chance of a recession is slim to nil. Adam Parker: U.S. Recession Probability 'Very Low'

I voted my TSLA shares but haven't received a proxy notice for my SCTY shares. Is the SCTY vote contingent on the TSLA vote outcome?
Same for me, but I'm not worried. They are still different companies and don't have to have exactly the same timetables. Preparing the required documents is onerous, and SCTY has less resources to do it. I think we'll see the SCTY some time this week.

View of a Barclay's analyst (short): Bearish on Tesla long term, but possible short-term upside, analyst says

$165 target -- sees short term upside(!), long term downside(!!).

Cites the fact that other automakers will bring out their own EVs "later this decade, early next decade".

CNBC host -- "Tesla crying wolf with all these announcements. Autopilot, eh. That's nice."

Implied with each of these viewpoints is that:

a.) All automakers will be competing for a small slice of the EV pie.
b.) Self-driving technology is just a fad.

So, it all comes down to whether or not you believe:

a.) That EVs are the future of transportation
b.) That driverless technology will change the world

Count me in the latter group. If this is the intellectual heft that short analysts are bringing, then I'm all in.

I posit that from this day forth, the option formerly known as "Autopilot" will henceforth be known as "Kraftwerk".

For the proof...working backwards:
The band Kraftwerk has a song (very long song!) called Autobahn.

Elon had a great tweet about Germany saying the term Autopilot couldn't be used, he said "Umm...Autobahn?" (it's a pun...Autopilot Banned...in German...ish),

Thus, as the word Autopilot is being banned in Germany should now be called "Kraftwerk". Q.E.D.

Used to be that the "momo" (momentum) stocks like the FANGs and Tesla had some carry-over effects. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see some opportunistic TSLA call buying in the morning to play our own ER given NFLX's dramatic surge.

Netflix is up due to unexpected large subscriber growth after they had the price increase a bit ago.
They invested in a lot of original content that has been really popular.
There is nothing in their executing so well that has anything to do with TSLA.

Correlation is not causation. The "carry-over effects" are coincidental.
There is also a high correlation between divorce rates and margarine consumption, but that doesn't mean anything either.
Funny Graphs Show Correlation Between Completely Unrelated Stats

You must be talking about the r8 etron. Or maybe the announcement of the announcement of the hypothetical commencement of the production of the hypothetical q6 etron.

No. I am referring to Musk's announcement about an announcement.

But since you raise it, yes, Musk is just like other car companies trying to hype things (although I thought they were trying to be different). That doesn't mean what Audi is doing is not hype just because Musk does it too.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yuri_G and esk8mw
Status
Not open for further replies.