Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't take Fidelity's "available for shorting" figures literally, but guess that they probably give a directional clue. My TSLA shares have been available for shorting on Fidelity for the last couple of weeks with no takers. This includes times when Fidelity said that there was no availability.

I had to make a call to let them know I had purchased shares of Solar City, and I wanted them to be lent out.

It is not automatic.

I wish Elon would be a little more compact with his answers so that more topics could be covered in his interviews. Gets a little wordy. Always that way.

He'll probably never do it, but a crash course in public speaking would help.
It probably cuts both ways, because he usually comes off 'unpolished" and this can be viewed as more honest than a "Mr Slick" type CEO

I wish Elon would be a little more compact with his answers so that more topics could be covered in his interviews. Gets a little wordy. Always that way.

It probably cuts both ways, because he usually comes off 'unpolished" and this can be viewed as more honest than a "Mr Slick" type CEO

I agree. I find his slight awkwardness endearing and engendering of trust. Too much polish comes across as smarmy. That said, he could probably use some slight polish.

Agreed, but I don't think any slick type could run these companies at this stage, so unslick it is. Maybe when people understand where they're going, people won't have to be engineering as much any more, and someone who combines the attributes of staying the course with good communication can be point man. But for now, it's about disrupting the course, and you need a thinker, not a talker. Actually, I think one of Elon's attributes that got him so far is his ability to communicate well despite that he's an engineering minded person. It's his ability to speak well that is odd, not his inability. Both are there. Necessary as business man and CEO, but not quite as polished as people who have been in the mainstream for more of their life, and most CEO's have been.

They were baiting him with juicy questions we all have. Like "Truck!?". Let's consider that they are working on truck. Well, the CEO needs to know how to introduce it in the marketplace and sell it integrated into fleets. That's what Elon did. He didn't go out and say Hey, Truck for $X,YZW.00 right now. That's because that's not the stage they are at. He's engineering the marketplace, and had the conversation that had to be had at that moment. Ron Baron the long term investment person was looking past that, to truck for $X * number of units shipped, how it fits in the global energy economy, the dollars to make, etc.. Elon knows this, but is focused on the steps to actually make that happen, and wants to talk about that. And Elon wants to show he's doing it. It's a combination of the awkwardness of an Engineer trying to show his work is right and someone who is a decent communicator. Plus, Elon has stated before, he believes if you make a good and complete product, people will want it. He has faith that if he finds the right price point and then makes the right equipment at that price point (in this case a slight premium product line that looks great and works well), then the market will fall in place to buy it. That way you don't have to spend money on advertising, and it will still sell very well. Like in his Q3 conference call when he said his stores are anti-selling the Model 3.

Last edited:

Elon could use Ron as a speaking partner for all his presentations. Ron brings Elon right back on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.