Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short sellers are no doubt planning on trying to trigger a few more stop-loss values set by the new TSLA investors who bought in during the past two weeks. The problem for the shorts is that the OPEC news today is working against them, and thus the dips are going to be expensive.

I think if we reverse into the green this morning there's an opportunity to see the buyers return. What everybody's looking for is confirmation that a bottom has been hit.

I think you may be on to something. Already we are 27% of the avg daily volume and most of it has clearly been on the selling, all in the first hour. They are trying to get ahead of any overall positive sentiment in the market.

Short sellers are no doubt planning on trying to trigger a few more stop-loss values set by the new TSLA investors who bought in during the past two weeks. The problem for the shorts is that the OPEC news today is working against them, and thus the dips are going to be expensive.

I think if we reverse into the green this morning the buyers return. What everybody's looking for is confirmation that a bottom has been hit.

No offense intended, but of course everyone is looking for a bottom. The problem: No one knows, it becomes obvious in hindsight.

if anyone *knows* please let all of us on TMC know. ;)

I will stick with 170/200 buy targets, but like everyone else it is my WAG.

No offense intended, but of course everyone is looking for a bottom. The problem: No one knows, it becomes obvious in hindsight.

if anyone *knows* please let all of us on TMC know. ;)

I will stick with 170/200 buy targets, but like everyone else it is my WAG.

I actually said something useful here. The reversal into the green will be a suitable signal for many longs that we've hit bottom to encourage their jumping back into buying mode from this two-day dip.

Glad to see you've migrated from 165-220 before you buy to 170-200.

Edit: Because a return to the green is an important signal, you can expect to see the shorts working to defend the red any time TSLA approaches the green.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lessmog
I think we just learned the reason for the slow Bolt rollout:

Why There's an Electric-Car Boom in the U.S.

I'd expect a similar situation for all the other 'Tesla killers'. The truth is they can't compete.

So it was pure marketing decision to give Bolt range of 235 miles, just to beat Model 3's range. Apparently if there is no economic sense behind the car you can let your marketing department chose what parameters should it have. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gene
Thinking about Q4 deliveries: Q1 = 14,810, Q2 = 14,402, Q3 = 24,821. Total for Q1:Q3 = 54,033. To meet minimum guidance of 80,000 for 2016, Tesla needs to deliver 25,967 cars in Q4. Knowing that Tesla has stayed with their guidance through October 26, my prediction for Q4 is 26,000 deliveries. Not sure, but perhaps 26,000 deliveries will be enough for a small profit.

The fact that Chevy loses $9,000 on every crappy looking Bolt it sells, while Tesla will be making 25% profit margins on the Model 3, really shows the tremendous advantage Tesla has from it's Gigafactory and direct sales model. It also means the other auto manufacturers will be unlikely to be compete with Tesla in the X/S categories as well until they make their own battery factories. Buying from a third party vendor such as LG isn't going to work. They need more vertical integration! :D

Someone on the BoltEV reddit does not like your post. :rolleyes:
Desperate Tesla agents spinning up their liar campaign against the Bolt • /r/BoltEV

Pity they do not read more on this forum and read virtually everybody here is happy with all EV's.

Do we finally have enough evidence that Value EV is Mark B. Spiegel? This is something the SEC might want to see. Isn't it illegal for a 'hedge fund manager', especially one who probably isn't licensed, to engage in sock puppetry in an attempt to manipulate a stock?

No, I am not Mark.
I don't know him, never met him, never corresponded with him.

You can contact him with links to this site and your specific accusations posted here. His email is listed on his website.

If you are too busy, I am happy to contact him on your behalf and share the specific accusations and possibly defamatory comments you made about him, his fund, etc. Perhaps he would reply here, take other action, or just ignore you like so many others do.

How is MarketWatch allowed to continually republish an article to get more clicks? This article was originally published yesterday morning, possibly earlier.

SEC takes Tesla to task over accounting practices

Paying to promote articles is one thing.
Republishing articles to confuse algorithms, investors, and advertising partners is another. :mad:

It's also factually incorrect to write the title in the present tense. It should say TOOK Tesla to task. Obvious attempt to make the story seem more exciting at the cost of misinforming readers. Shameful.

Maybe TMC should create its own army of sorts, and mobilize our members to lambaste websites that promote authors who write rubbish? Overwhelm the comment section with the truth, and inform their partners that they are encouraging the dissemination of fake news and or the abuse of advertisers?

Note: Every website besides SA. SA encourages its authors to troll the comment section for extra clicks.

Reactions: SteveG3 and neroden
Do we finally have enough evidence that Value EV is Mark B. Spiegel? This is something the SEC might want to see. Isn't it illegal for a 'hedge fund manager', especially one who probably isn't licensed, to engage in sock puppetry in an attempt to manipulate a stock?

Unfortunately it is not. He isn't explicitly telling you to buy or sell and its a public forum. He can make his case but it's up to the public to choose. He is not licensed you can find it on Brokercheck which I looked last night.

No, I am not Mark.

You can contact him with links to this site and your specific accusations posted here. His email is listed on his website.

If you are too busy, I am happy to contact him on your behalf and share the specific accusations and possibly defamatory comments you made about him, his fund, etc. Perhaps he would reply here, take other action, or just ignore you like so many others do.
Me thinks you doth protest too much

Reactions: Drax7
No, I am not Mark.

Pshhhh...that's just what Mark WOULD say.

I'm kidding - and honestly I think we should stop pointing fingers at each other here. The market is huge and I find it pretty unlikely the majority of shareholders listen to Mr. Spiegel and his ramblings.

Let's get back on track. We're seeing a nice turnaround here.

The fact that Chevy loses $9,000 on every crappy looking Bolt it sells, while Tesla will be making 25% profit margins on the Model 3, really shows the tremendous advantage Tesla has from it's Gigafactory and direct sales model. It also means the other auto manufacturers will be unlikely to be compete with Tesla in the X/S categories as well until they make their own battery factories. Buying from a third party vendor such as LG isn't going to work. They need more vertical integration! :D
I don't believe that they are losing $9k on the Bolt. The battery costs them about $12k. They make money on similar ICE's (sonic and Cruz) at about $16k. Except for the battery it's cheaper to produce EV's than ICE's. The numbers don't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.