Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the true competition is coming from China. Sure, these cars have shortish ranges, but... look at the prices. And the number of different manufacturers.

China Electric Car Sales — BAIC Shines Again

Chinese-Made Electric Cars | ChinaAutoWeb
I believe the true competition is coming from China. Sure, these cars have shortish ranges, but... look at the prices. And the number of different manufacturers.

China Electric Car Sales — BAIC Shines Again

Chinese-Made Electric Cars | ChinaAutoWeb

Agree! But the Chinese cars will taget the "low en" and Tesla will own the premium part of the market :)

Reactions: SunCatcher
Pretty active morning with the stock of shares available for shorting at Fidelity already depleted by 163K shares today. Interest rate unchanged at 2.5%.

Snap1.png

The fact that Chevy loses $9,000 on every crappy looking Bolt it sells, while Tesla will be making 25% profit margins on the Model 3, really shows the tremendous advantage Tesla has from it's Gigafactory and direct sales model. It also means the other auto manufacturers will be unlikely to be compete with Tesla in the X/S categories as well until they make their own battery factories. Buying from a third party vendor such as LG isn't going to work. They need more vertical integration! :D

The fact that Chevy loses $9,000 on every crappy looking Bolt it sells, while Tesla will be making 25% profit margins on the Model 3, really shows the tremendous advantage Tesla has from it's Gigafactory and direct sales model. It also means the other auto manufacturers will be unlikely to be compete with Tesla in the X/S categories as well until they make their own battery factories. Buying from a third party vendor such as LG isn't going to work. They need more vertical integration! :D

On top of this $9,000 loss by GM, there is likely more loss on the battery by LG Chem who supplies battery, drive unit and infotainment system for Bolt.

Yet another example of how hollow all the talk about competition really is.

These pretzels making me thirsty!

What concerns me about these ridiculous articles on the SEC "Hammering" Tesla, is that it fuels the nut-jobs that you already see in the comment sections of every Tesla article who claim that Elon is a con-artist. Most people still don't understand the whole reason behind the non-GAAP accounting.

It's all good. Let it ride. I'll capitalize off the people who don't have reading comprehension.

So, pretty much all good news, with a coordinated re-release of old bad news by short FUD news sources, coinciding with short sellers selling. Let's watch their gap fill someday :)

It took shorts 1,100,000 shares to pull us back down to yesterday's close. This is all illusory manipulation. Chanos is tweeting about worker conditions inside the factory, hoping that will erase the huge margins they actually make on each vehicle sold and the future sales from their new product lines.

Last edited:
Pretty active morning with the stock of shares available for shorting at Fidelity already depleted by 163K shares today. Interest rate unchanged at 2.5%.

View attachment 204014

Short sellers are no doubt planning on trying to trigger a few more stop-loss values set by the new TSLA investors who bought in during the past two weeks. The problem for the shorts is that the OPEC news today is working against them, and thus the dips are going to be expensive.

I think if we reverse into the green this morning the buyers return. What everybody's looking for is confirmation that a bottom has been hit.

Last edited:
That was the pie quarter. Now, if you will be kind enough to also include your Q1 and Q2 predictions, we can evaluate your prediction power much better :)
Where do you think SP will be in January if, let's say, Q4 deliveries are only 17k and not 27k-28k?

After you. The best you could come up with is: If Q4 numbers aren't phenomenal, TSLA can easily be 30-40% lower in the next 6 months. And no, I have no predictions. I'm one of those long haulers you sometimes feel sorry for so January 2017 SP is of no importance to me.

Interestingly enough I don't feel sorry for the Leaf buyer who has experienced 25% battery degradation who has gone out of their way to a) ridiculously try and compare a Model S to a Bolt and, b) criticize Tesla cars for not having enough battery range - the most important factor to them. The irony, or is it hypocrisy in this case?, is off the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.