Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Left of Citron Research earlier tweeted about his shorting of TSLA in July of 2013: https://twitter.com/CitronResearch/status/362225228178399234

Here is the link to today's tweet from him: Citron Research (@CitronResearch) | Twitter

Now Seeking Alpha is trumpeting the Citron short of TSLA: Tesla Motors jolted by Citron short take - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

wY-EDqO5_bigger.pngCitron Research@CitronResearch 14m14 minutes ago
Citron shorting $TSLA Supply AND demand problems should take down to $100 by years end. News flow all around does not look good for stock

Last edited:
Andrew Left of Citron Research earlier did this regarding TSLA in early August of 2013.

Here is the link to today's tweet from him: Citron Research (@CitronResearch) | Twitter

Citron shorting $TSLA Supply AND demand problems should take down to $100 by years end. News flow all around does not look good for stock

I'd be willing to bet money Andrew Left is behind the persona Montana Skeptic. BTW-he is a 24/7 basher of Tesla but behind aliases. Seeking alpha and yahoo message boards are their main playgrounds of mudslinging and FUD spreading.

Andrew Left of Citron Research earlier did this regarding TSLA in early August of 2013.

Now Seeking Alpha is trumpeting the Citron short of TSLA: Tesla Motors jolted by Citron short take - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

If tesla had model X production truly ramping up , I would buy more with impunity .

I hate to say this, but EM himself's tweets also moved share price quite a bit in the past. There's not much difference here in terms of legal issues.

I love how it was just a tweet with no information. How its legal is beyond me

- - - Updated - - -

Their recent high profile short on MBLY was pretty successful too, 50% off since they declared it to the bottom so far. Not sure when or if they covered though.

They hit on a couple scam companies in China(like I would invest over there anyways) so people seem to trust them.

I love how it was just a tweet with no information. How its legal is beyond me

Here is their report from 2013. They listed some legitimate concerns, but greatly exaggerated the risk in them http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tsla-final.pdf

Tesla as a company is fine and honestly there are no more miracles required to get to Model 3, but the stock could be turbulent short term, given Citron's recent success on calling out Valeant (which I agree is a very questionable business model). Oh well, hold steady until March 31 - we'll see about "news flow" then

Sidenote: TSLA has been under pressure from sellers earlier today on relatively light volume despite the general rally in the market. Very plausible that it was Citron, and since they tweeted it publicly now they're probably done shorting or close to.

Does not look to me like this bear attack is going to stick. At the current rate, we´ll be in the green by market close. Actually, I think this bullish - a big player obviously starting an attack and failing. Maybe it doesn´t work any more because many weak longs have left recently.

As with many short attacks, they attempt to leverage any perceived negative news into something quite out of proportion. In this case, I think they are working from weakness regarding estimated Model X deliveries, using it as excuse enough to go on the attack, and in the process they throw in everything including the kitchen sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.