Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Merrill Lynch, they've had a reputation as a fraud and sharp-dealing shop for decades; a place nobody honest should ever do business with. BoA did think they were getting a bargain by buying Merrill Lynch, and I figure the Merrill Lynch executives *encouraged that impression*, because that's the sort of thing they have the reputation of doing in their other deals.

BoA has a pretty dirty record too, of course...

Reactions: Drax7
Wow, so I noticed that ever since I started seeing the phrase "Show Ignored Content" on the bottom of each page that I'm actually able to keep up with this thread. Can't believe it took me 3 years to finally ignore someone in the name of "seeing all viewpoints." I recommend anyone else on the fence to go ahead and use the ignore feature.

Trust me. Once I got 12 out if 13 games correct in the weekly fotball betting back home in Sweden. I was very young so I must be a prodigy. Obviously I know what I'm talking about.

I've deleted the Perfect Logic post you reference, so let's let responses show some restraint too. Thanks for all of your substantive posts which are consistently constructive.

Reactions: FANGO and Lessmog
Class action lawsuit against BMW i3 range extender validates Tesla store argument. Here's the article, the i3 btw, is a joke of a car. The extender can only go 45mph highway speed under certain conditions.

BMW i3 range-extender lawsuit supports Tesla's store argument
I once saw one of those hobbling into a supercharger, aiming for the other, pay-as-you-go fast charger. The noise reminded me of 1950's motorbike-cars - there were two brands, Messerschmitt and Lloyd.

Maybe Bank of America is intentionally being extremely conservative (excessively skeptical) about its expectations due to its relationship with Tesla? The bear argument appears to be that Elon is lying or delusional about what Tesla can accomplish by the end of 2017. Remember the days when the "experts" were saying it was impossible for Tesla to sell 20,000 Model S annually? When every analyst was saying Tesla would never be able to produce 100,000 vehicles annually and some were using Roadster sales as a base line for the production level Tesla could accomplish? At that time, many analysts questioned Tesla's ability to produce 20,000 Model S annually.

Maybe Bank of America is intentionally being extremely conservative (excessively skeptical) about its expectations due to its relationship with Tesla? The bear argument appears to be that Elon is lying or delusional about what Tesla can accomplish by the end of 2017. Remember the days when the "experts" were saying it was impossible for Tesla to sell 20,000 Model S annually? When every analyst was saying Tesla would never be able to produce 100,000 vehicles annually and some were using Roadster sales as a base line for the production level Tesla could accomplish? At that time, many analysts questioned Tesla's ability to produce 20,000 Model S annually.

As the saying goes, history does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme ;)

Interesting after hours activity. Looks like someone purchased 139,800 shares. ($27 million)

Maybe "someone" didn't get in on the secondary offering but wanted to and had put in a big "market on close" buy order? Or a broker had promised some big clients a part of the secondary but weren't able to secure a sufficient number of shares from the offering to uphold all their commitments to clients, so the broker had to buy on the open market on the client's behalf? Just speculating here of course.

I
Maybe "someone" didn't get in on the secondary offering but wanted to and had put in a big "market on close" buy order? Or a broker had promised some big clients a part of the secondary but weren't able to secure a sufficient number of shares from the offering to uphold all their commitments to clients, so the broker had to buy on the open market on the client's behalf? Just speculating here of course.

The secondary offering hasn't happened yet. The filing says it's set to happen on or around May 25th. Could this hold the stock at or around $215 until the 25th?

I'm really looking forward to the shareholder's meeting, but I'm not expecting any positive news not stated during the CC. If they had any serious, stock moving information to unveil, I feel like they would've either said it during the CC or delayed the capital raise another month or so. Just my opinion.

Well, they could say that they've locked down Model 3 design and are proceeding to validate suppliers on schedule by 3/31/17.

Status
Not open for further replies.