Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the blog too at first. Aggressively written with a clear conviction that Tesla didn't do anything wrong. Unfortunately it turns out it was written in haste. The owner apparently lives along a paved road, not at the end of a very long dirt road they as claimed by Tesla in their very first argument why there is nothing extraordinary about this failing suspension. I can only assume Tesla didn't look very closely at the logs of where the car actually has driven and been parked overnight. Puts a serious dent in the 'we investigate fully' claim. And that's without even mentioning that the have the guys address on file... Inexcusable.

Tesla claims to fully investigate whether or not there is a systemic problem with the suspension components not where this guy lived.

Really? We are now going to concentrate on the fact that Tesla erred when they assumed this guy lived down a long unpaved road? Fact is, he tore up his suspension while driving off road and Tesla fixed it.

Really? We are now going to concentrate on the fact that Tesla erred when they assumed this guy lived down a long unpaved road?

Really, indeed. When you claim the suspension broke because the guy lives on a paved road as a result of your full investigation and then it turns out he doesn't actually live their in the first place, then that speaks about how committed they really are in investigating safety issues to the fullest. They've been exceptionally good in many other cases (the fire, the battery shield, the seat belt, ...) and in this one they appear to be exceptionally bad.

Really, indeed. When you claim the suspension broke because the guy lives on a paved road as a result of your full investigation and then it turns out he doesn't actually live their in the first place, then that speaks about how committed they really are in investigating safety issues to the fullest. They've been exceptionally good in many other cases (the fire, the battery shield, the seat belt, ...) and in this one they appear to be exceptionally bad.

So, would you have been fully on board had they stated the suspension broke because the guy drives down an unpaved road to collect mushrooms regularly?

I think they've been exceptionally good at responding to this too. We can just agree to disagree.

It would be nice if they put together the full story of the incident, including pictures of the car. Some before and after shots. If they have pictures of a car covered in mud, which I believe, it would shut this down entirely. If they have full documentation, they should also file for an SEC investigation to verify that Niedermayer does not have any vested interests in the stock price and the NDA guy pays for violating his NDA. No problem reporting the NHTSA, but taking this to a blogger is obviously done with intent to harm.

You're saying they lied in that they "fully investigated".

I don't think I implied that either. Although I think that, yes, it is more plausible that they made an intentional misrepresentation here than on the guys address. But the most plausible possibility is still that those who wrote the blog honestly assumed the investigation was thorough and full while in reality it wasn't. Such a breakdown in Tesla internal communication would also explain why they mention in the blog that the NHTSA has told them there is no further information needed while Reuters is reporting that a NHTSA spokesperson says that the department is seeking additional information from the company.

I liked the blog too at first. Aggressively written with a clear conviction that Tesla didn't do anything wrong. Unfortunately it turns out it was written in haste. The owner apparently lives along a paved road, not at the end of a very long dirt road they as claimed by Tesla in their very first argument why there is nothing extraordinary about this failing suspension. I can only assume Tesla didn't look very closely at the logs of where the car actually has driven and been parked overnight. Puts a serious dent in the 'we investigate fully' claim. And that's without even mentioning that the have the guys address on file... Inexcusable.[/QUOTE

One suspension gone bad out of 100,000 plus cars , this is so very serious .

Paved road or otherwise there is no systemic issue . Though tesla will get to the
Bottom of it and make sure it's even more rare.

0ne suspension broke in over 100,000 cars is not a systemic problem.
The rest is pointless.

Wherever he lives, he probably drives on mud every day.

• Funny
Reactions: Johan
So, would you have been fully on board had they stated the suspension broke because the guy drives down an unpaved road to collect mushrooms regularly?.

Absolutely. If they had written that the owner regularly drives his car off road in such difficult locations that it took 2 trucks to recover it, then I would have been fully on board. Because that's the difference between being right and being wrong. If you're so clearly wrong then you don't get to claim you investigated the case fully. It goes to the heart of credibility.

0ne suspension broke in over 100,000 cars is not a systemic problem.

I don't think I ever made a claim either way on this issue.

The rest is pointless.

I don't consider the quality of Tesla investigation in reported possible safety issues pointless. Even if there are 99 bogus claims, the 100th claim still deserves a full investigation.

• Disagree
Reactions: mmd and Johan
Absolutely. If they had written that the owner regularly drives his car off road in such difficult locations that it took 2 trucks to recover it, then I would have been fully on board. Because that's the difference between being right and being wrong. If you're so clearly wrong then you don't get to claim you investigated the case fully. It goes to the heart of credibility.

Fair enough.

To be fair, I believe they stated they investigate these matters fully but did not state they were through investigating this particular issue. They were forced (or so they felt they were forced) to issue a statement when they did because of the speed of FUD spread.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.