Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
with this unexpected gift- I moved my small SCTY position to TSLA (stock).
[I have some longer term reservations about Solar anyway, not present in TSLA]

ps. This Suspension isn't killing me

I thought this was a good idea. I am the type who holds, and holds, and holds, if I have a loss, thinking, 'its bound to recover'. But after reading this, sold half my SCTY, thinking TSLA will bounce much quicker. Bought a 220 Sept/2016 and a 300 Jan/2018.

I do not believe this fall relates solely to the suspension issue. I think it's a combination of that, Macro, and the S60. Of the three, I think Macro and S60 are having the biggest impact. The S60 does bring questions of whether demand growth is waning. I for one think it is, but after thinking about it, I think the S60 will bring the demand growth back, albeit at lower margins. I still think it was the right call to do the S60. All in all, none of these issues are a big concern in the big picture in my opinion.

I feel very confident Tesla will keep making and selling awesome cars, and the end is not around the corner as the bears wish and seem to believe.

I would like to add, (as it seems harder and harder on where to post relevant information and this is probably the wrong place) I really liked Elon's blog post It was extremely communicative, and did not mince words. From an investor perspective, it is nice to see him obviously a bit annoyed at the shorts, hoping he might have a vengeful bone in him somewhere....

Well, again, the only upsetting thing should be that we could have bought in at a lower price.

But man, seriously, my luck.

Sold at 220, literally the next day it jumped to 230, then 240.
Bought in at 228, literally the next day it dropped to 219.

The only solace is that when this blows over, the rally upward should be pretty substantial.

Of course it won't be, because I just said that, and we all know by now how fate works.

We've entered that time of day when volume shrinks and the shorts are using this lack of volume to try and push the SP lower. Great buying opportunity, but as always it's tough to call the exact bottom.

Edit: Breitbart.com referring to Niedermeyer as a "popular automotive blogger being attacked by Tesla" shows one of the weaknesses of the internet as an information source. Sometimes relationships between organizations overrule a desire to seek the truth. Niedermeyer is the victim is Brietbart's story. Sigh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.