Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see an underlying positive with the huge amount of attention that Tesla gets with these stories. It's quite staggering the level of media interest in anything Tesla. Just goes to show that for a such a small car maker it has made a huge impact.

So while the world is fascinated with Tesla, it just means that Tesla sometimes feels the downside to all of it too. But then again who else could garner nearly 400,000 reservations for a car without spending a penny on a ad.

Could it be insufficient research on your side?

I admit I took OP's claim that he doesn't live at the end of a dirt road at face value. I still think that was a safe bet, he's posting with his full name and town : such a lie from OP surely would be uncovered by now is what I assume. But stranger things have happened. If in fact it turns out OP was lying and he does live at the end of an unpaved road then I am completely willing to say I was wrong and obviously I'd withdraw any reservation I currently have towards the blog immediately.

To be fair, I believe they stated they investigate these matters fully but did not state they were through investigating this particular issue. They were forced (or so they felt they were forced) to issue a statement when they did because of the speed of FUD spread

That's indeed a good point. I took their definite claims in the blog as to the reason of this breakdown as a sign that the investigation was through for Tesla but they didn't specifically state it as such. Hopefully there will be more follow up research and communication to clear everything up.

i get a feeling tesla has investigated the suspension malfunction thoroughly,
because they want to understand how it could happen and if there is a defect
they should address.

Where this guy lives is not the issue.
and its not necessary to cast more doubts
if they got this wrong.

Last edited:
I admit I took OP's claim that he doesn't live at the end of a dirt road at face value. I still think that was a safe bet, he's posting with his full name and town : such a lie from OP surely would be uncovered by now is what I assume. But stranger things have happened. If in fact it turns out OP was lying and he does live at the end of an unpaved road then I am completely willing to say I was wrong and obviously I'd withdraw any reservation I currently have towards the blog immediately.

Even if true that doesn't mean the OP doesn't regularly travel on these types of roads. Miscommunication with the SC could easily have led to them making that mistake.

It does not mean he didn't routinely travel down these types of roads, though he claimed he didn't do any off-roading...so take that as you will.

Reactions: vgrinshpun
i get a feeling tesla has investigated the suspension malfunction thoroughly,
because they want to understand how it could happened and if there is a defect
they should address.

Where this guy lives is not the issue.
and its not necessary to cast more doubts
if they got this wrong.

Change one word - "lives" to "drove" and we aren't having this discussion.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Even if true that doesn't mean the OP doesn't regularly travel on these types of roads. Miscommunication with the SC could easily have led to them making that mistake.

I think it is actually very likely he often drives along such roads. But that's not my point. My point is that a full investigation should have left no possibility for such a huge miscommunication with the SC. It should have included an analysis of his driving patterns from the logs which, if done thoroughly, should have left no ambiguity of where he is living and where he is picking his mushrooms for his meals. It also should have included speaking to the guys doing the towing to understand what they saw at the place of the accident which again would have confirmed that there was no house there just a whole bunch of mushrooms..

I think it is actually very likely he often drives along such roads. But that's not my point. My point is that a full investigation should have left no possibility for such a huge miscommunication with the SC. It should have included an analysis of his driving patterns from the logs which, if done thoroughly, should have left no ambiguity of where he is living and where he is picking his mushrooms for his meals. It also should have included speaking to the guys doing the towing to understand what they saw at the place of the accident which again would have confirmed that there was no house there just a whole bunch of mushrooms..

Guys that write these blogs are never guys that know the facts. More often than not, you have many sources of pieces of the story. While you're technically right, and I love your angle in most comments, in this particular case, I feel you're holding Tesla to criteria too harsh. Need to provide quick answer in this case trumped need to triple check all relevant facts.

In my previous role, I've been often enough in charge of closing this sort of communication gap when things go wrong. I know how hard is to first, wrap your hands around the whole story, find all relevant facts and clarify sequence of events, and then check every little fact. I was good at this, and it just highlighted for me how many others were not. And you know why? Because of my shortcomings as a human being, not due to qualities (not trusting people, being controlling). And I've done it in much smaller organization. So, yeah, from the vantage point of someone doing this, I think your expectation in circumstances is too high - sh... happens...

looks like the worst is over -
stock.png

• Informative
Reactions: Seesaw
Status
Not open for further replies.