Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now for something completely different: and more related to short term TSLA price fluctuations.

The #PanamaPapers. You all know about this, right?

Almost no mention of American companies or wealthy persons yet. But mention is coming.

What happens to the stock if one or more investors/executives of Tesla/SpaceX are somehow involved? What happens if Elon's name pops up in the 2.6 terabytes of documents?
It would be great if Elon's name is there. I could buy more Tesla shares at an even more attractive price. I don't count on that to happen. I do plan to add more long-term shares next week regardless of the price movement.

Moderator note to all:
As usual, weekends posts are given more latitude than those during market days. The Model 3 reveal was an additional conversation creator, and the Investor sites naturally shared in others' enthusiasm.

The other subforums, however, and most particularly the ones in the Model 3 subforum, are the appropriate locations for many - probably most - of the discussions that have occurred here over the last 48 or so hours. Given that trading begins in a few hours, any more such conversation will need to be in those venues.

Not surprisingly, there has been more than the usual amount of duplicate posts but, with participants writing in out-of-proper-site locations, both the repetitive declamations as well as members missing out on insights of others has been unhappily high.

As for moderators, it is in fact a cumbersome process - very tedious indeed - to winnow through one set of threads, de-post those conversations and re-post them in the right places.

Soooo - oft-times the easiest thing to do is simply to make the posts vanish.

A plea to all, then: find the correct forum and thread for your musings, and post there. Keep this and the others in the Investors forum for items specifically dealing with investing.

Thank you.

And those m3 reservation holders will be invited to test drive an s and a good number of them will be converted to s and x sales during wait for the m3.
Shorts and the guys they hired will have a meeting, to decide the angle to attack Tesla. Most likely they will pick one from the following points:
1. Model 3 price too low, will not have profit. - wrong
2. Model 3 will cannibalize S and X. - wrong
3. More competitors will come and defeat Tesla. - wrong
4. Tesla will not be able to produce so many cars. - wrong
It will be interesting to find out which point they will use to attack.
Those short attacks do hurt weak longs.

Luckily, we know Elon keeps his money in Tesla, SpaceX, and SolarCity. I truly doubt he has any shell companies, regardless of how many terabytes there are. This actually doesn't seem related to TSLA at all.
This is actually what makes Elon different from the usual aristocratic money-grubbing CEOs.

This is why I have large amounts of money in TSLA and no money in international banks.

This is actually what makes Elon different from the usual aristocratic money-grubbing CEOs.

This is why I have large amounts of money in TSLA and no money in international banks.

The presence of Elon's name in the Panama Papers would definitely affect the share prices of companies he is involved with. Thankfully, Elon doesn't seem to care much about money and has shown many times that he keeps and plows all available capital toward growing his companies. Often when share prices are weak due to FUD, he's the one that comes in and buys a lot of shares. He also has always stated, at least for Tesla, he would be the first to buy and the last to sell. Now... it would be nice to see the Koch bros. names on there... they are trying to kill the electric car again.

Reactions: Gerardf
2016 Q1 Deliveries estimate... I think will be released Monday morning before the bell.

Question: looking at my records of Q3 and Q4 deliveries in 2015, it shows 11,603 delivered in Q3 of 2015, and 17,478 delivered in Q4 of 2015. That's a huge jump... 50% quarter-over-quarter. Am I making a mistake somewhere?

I'm looking for about 17,500 delivered in Q1 2016 as part of a path towards full-year 2016 deliveries of 85,000.

2016 Q1 Deliveries estimate... I think will be released Monday morning before the bell.

Question: looking at my records of Q3 and Q4 deliveries in 2015, it shows 11,603 delivered in Q3 of 2015, and 17,478 delivered in Q4 of 2015. That's a huge jump... 50% quarter-over-quarter. Am I making a mistake somewhere?

I'm looking for about 17,500 delivered in Q1 2016 as part of a path towards full-year 2016 deliveries of 85,000.

I was watching Bloomberg and in one of the segments someone mentioned that he saw Model X's being produced at higher numbers than he expected during his visit to the factory this quarter. Said that Tesla seems to be well on track to deliver a lot of cars. Probably was part of the group of analysts invited to visit Freemont that was reported on a few weeks ago.

Tesla almost always has flot QoQ from Q4 (previous year) - Q3, then a big jump (50% or more) from Q3 to Q4. This may be people deciding to make a big purchase close to the end of the year, and Tesla pushing extra hard to meet guidance.

Tesla almost always has flot QoQ from Q4 (previous year) - Q3, then a big jump (50% or more) from Q3 to Q4. This may be people deciding to make a big purchase close to the end of the year, and Tesla pushing extra hard to meet guidance.
That's more of just a product of timing as far as when the new parts of the factory have come online than anything intentional in ramps. Which is what has always annoyed me at people falling prey to the notion that they are not demand constrained (that circles back around in Q2-Q3 of each year because of the relatively flat numbers all year long, and then people start to worry that Tesla can have the demand to hit their numbers and then of course we have a blowout quarter for growth.)

In any case, 2014 the reason for the flatness was the need for the new final assembly line. They couldn't get much higher than 600 a week until that opened up. That didn't get the kinks worked out until... Yep... Q4 - 2014.

We then rapidly went to around 1k a week and got stuck again. This is because of the BIW line being capped. This didn't get working at all until Q4 and some of the delays in this appears to be because of their focus on trying to put the X on this new line. It looks like they cut their losses and just pushed MS out the door until right at the end of the quarter when they started working on the X again. Thus caused the bug jump in Q4. They cleared much of their 1k bottleneck.

I don't think we will be waiting until Q4 again to see another big jump. It won't be Q1, but likely Q2. This is because they clearly have fixed their issues with the X and are getting those out the door. If the ramp happens like they have talked about we will see it hit in Q2 outlook (20k anyone?) Or at worst Q3.

Because of this, this should be an easier year to hit guidance as things are not reliant on pieces falling into place in Q3 that get pushed back to Q4. It is targeted for Q2 and looks like they are actually a bit ahead of schedule given the high delivery numbers seen at the end of Q1. I mean look at the insideEVs estimates for a sign of how well this looks to have gone.

Fingers crossed for a surprise beat on deliveries!

I notice that now, the numbers appears to support your point. The Q4-to-Q1 increases have been very small and/or negative! Obviously Tesla hasn't been around that many years to have stable statistics there, but going from 17,478 to 17,500 wouldn't be unprecedented (+0.01%). Perhaps 18,000 is a better guess at +2.9%.

• Funny
Reactions: Cobos
Status
Not open for further replies.