Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more thing: Day and night on earth is caused by the phenomenon which is that Earth rotates around its own axis. Due to this, at any given time, one side of the sphere will face the Sun while the other side faces away from the Sun. The side facing away experiences "night" and the side facing the sun experiences "day". During "the night" not a lot of solar radiation, of any wavelength, is available to harvest.

:)
I have it on good authority that the Earth doesn't rotate but the Sun revolves around the Earth. And the Earth is flat as well so be careful you don't fall off the edge. We have TV shows in the US devoted to this including dinosaurs being pets for humans so it must be true.

So is the world now satisfied that the impending doom of Britain's exit from the EU isn't such a big deal now? Next maybe people can give up arguing about TSLA buying SCTY and we can go back to arguing about how the stock is being manipulated by the shorts.

• Funny
Reactions: Foghat and SBenson
kelly said:
Yeah, but if one of the two is Elon, then I'm voting for it.[/QUOTE

Trust but verify, and how do you verify this mumbo jumbo
Deal based on future synergies and recurring refinancing
Of loans.....

Which brings to mind, "if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand
it well enough" Einstein

Drax7, not a big deal, but can you edit your quote to make it clear that the "Trust but verify . . . " was your language and not mine. I just want to make sure that my drivel is kept separate from your drivel.

Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog
Luckily the sun doesn't output that much in the wave length of gamma radiation and those gamma rays that do travel from the sun toward Earth are diverted away from the surface by our magnetic field. This is good because these high intensity electromagnetic waves are ionizing, which means they cause cellular damage and DNA damage that, among other deleterious effect, cause cancer in humans. Wavelengths below visible light ("infrared") do hit the Earth in abundance, and are percieved as heat from the sun. These wavelengths do contain all-in-all quite a lot of energy but per square meter or square foot less than the visible light spectrum. So having photovoltaic panels that were able to convert a lot of the longer wave lengths to electricity wouldn't create a whole lot of electricity, per surface area. Remember that the shorter the wave length the more energy.

One more thing: Day and night on earth is caused by the phenomenon which is that Earth rotates around its own axis. Due to this, at any given time, one side of the sphere will face the Sun while the other side faces away from the Sun. The side facing away experiences "night" and the side facing the sun experiences "day". During "the night" not a lot of solar radiation, of any wavelength, is available to harvest.

:)

panels that convert microwave in addition to light radiation into electricity... Internet and energy day or night. No poles or wires necessary... But I digress into tomorrow land...

panels that convert microwave in addition to light radiation into electricity... Internet and energy day or night. No poles or wires necessary... But I digress into tomorrow land...

Certainly you are joking?

Can we use the cosmic background radiation as a source of power? - Quora

(Also in all seriousness: if you don't understand high school physics @Foghat it makes me highly sceptical when you comment on SCTY's financing and other complex business issues related to SCTY and solar in general)

One of the reasons why I hold TSLA stock is that I (used to) think Tesla is 2-3 years ahead of everyone else in the electric cars crowd.

Now, I saw a Chinese rival (e6) on the street. 80kWh battery and below €50k purchase price. They are sailing in U.S. too, now.

Of course, nobody wants to drive their kids in a Chinese van (not until they are better with safety tests), but hey, if the Chinese can do it, why is not Nissan / BMW / Merc etc pulling an appealing car with a decent battery for a good price? Do we really have that sort of 2 years lead?

One of the reasons why I hold TSLA stock is that I (used to) think Tesla is 2-3 years ahead of everyone else in the electric cars crowd.

Now, I saw a Chinese rival (e6) on the street. 80kWh battery and below €50k purchase price. They are sailing in U.S. too, now.

Of course, nobody wants to drive their kids in a Chinese van (not until they are better with safety tests), but hey, if the Chinese can do it, why is not Nissan / BMW / Merc etc pulling an appealing car with a decent battery for a good price? Do we really have that sort of 2 years lead?

Comparing a BYD with a Tesla is like comparing a Lada with an Audi. Completely non-relevant.

The BYD could be $25k and still be poor value for money. You simply cannot skimp when it comes to safety.

Certainly you are joking?

Can we use the cosmic background radiation as a source of power? - Quora

(Also in all seriousness: if you don't understand high school physics @Foghat it makes me highly sceptical when you comment on SCTY's financing and other complex business issues related to SCTY and solar in general)

My reaction to wireless power was the same, but it actually has momentum in multiple applications...

Power-harvesting device converts microwave signals into electricity

Wireless device converts ‘lost’ microwave energy into electric power | KurzweilAI

Japan Demoes Wireless Power Transmission for Space-Based Solar Farms

Last edited:

It seems that the big automakers should have already been able to pull it off by now, but the GM Bolt proves that they continue to be unable to build a compelling electric car. The Bolt is not bad, but it's not even close to the Model 3.

The big automakers seem to be loosing ground rather than gaining ground based on what I am seeing...

Comparing a BYD with a Tesla is like comparing a Lada with an Audi. Completely non-relevant.

The BYD could be $25k and still be poor value for money. You simply cannot skimp when it comes to safety.

Well of course you can compare them. They are both cars. And some people can only afford a Lada. But if you read my post without the red rug then you see my point was not comparing the cars but the lead time we got.

Where are the "microwaves" coming from at night???
Directed, manipulated from a source somewhere close or far. Not talking about passive microwaves. Just the ability to convert microwave level frequencies into electricity. Possible to transfer energy this way day or night to a tech able to convert the energy, i.e. Module. Also work is being done to send data and energy at the same time, so the Internet and energy collected all in one package deal premise, data as energy, energy as data concept. It becomes interesting in this way because we can begin to see how tesla, Solarcity, and spacex satellite possible synergies... Whether they are real or not, this demonstrates a massive innovation and iterative roadmap with muliple commercial potentialities over time...

Last edited:
They're not, but...

Relax. BYD got started with electric cars at the same time as Tesla. I don't think you'll find another company still going which can say that.

No, we don't have that lead time over the Chinese brands; BYD and Geely move fast. Over most of the Euro/US/Korean/Japanese brands? Yes, we do have that lead time.

I think there's room in the market for Tesla, BYD, Geely, Nissan, and LG Chem (who almost all the non-Chinese guys are using as supplier). That's only five companies, and I think for years to come they'll be competing with ICE cars more than they're competing with each other.

Well of course you can compare them. They are both cars. And some people can only afford a Lada. But if you read my post without the red rug then you see my point was not comparing the cars but the lead time we got.

Surely you must be trolling.

These dogs are both just dogs right?

image.jpeg

Look, the BYD e6 and the Tesla Model S/X will never compare when it comes to safety, features, technology. So why compare them on price or "technological lead" time??? Nonsensical to say the least...

Status
Not open for further replies.