Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
careful...
@racer26 will ask you if you just crawled out from under a rock for believing that! This is about the Model 3, part 2 reveal!

The day isn't over yet. Keep hope alive for the real reveal!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 61
please don't accept this announcement as indisputable truth... there is virtually zero reason to equip vehicles with fully autonomous hardware at this time... there are many potentially critical paths to overcome that will take many years... deploying level 5 features today makes absolutely no sense and in my opinion is being used for hype.
Actually it makes perfect sense if you have bad mouthed and ignored warnings from your current supplier of the current systems.

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw and EinSV
why in gods name would you chose to drive for uber or lyft when your car could go work by itself and you get paid by tesla?

1. I don't know how much I will get paid by Uber vs. Telsa vs. Lyft and I like having options.
2. When that couple with the two kids with dripping ice cream cones enter my $70k car, I would like to have the option to say something rather than cleaning up the mess later.

Sorry for some slight cross posting, I tried to create a thread about it in the Investor's forum, because I think that thread will be a sticky within some time: Tesla Network - for profit ride sharing managed by Tesla

What I wrote their I'll also put here:

Elon has been saying this would happen for some time, people have hard time listening to him sometimes, or believing he will do what he says he will do. Strange given his track record.

Straight from Elon's own blog post: Master Plan, Part Deux

You will also be able to add your car to the Tesla shared fleet just by tapping a button on the Tesla phone app and have it generate income for you while you're at work or on vacation, significantly offsetting and at times potentially exceeding the monthly loan or lease cost. This dramatically lowers the true cost of ownership to the point where almost anyone could own a Tesla. Since most cars are only in use by their owner for 5% to 10% of the day, the fundamental economic utility of a true self-driving car is likely to be several times that of a car which is not.

please don't accept this announcement as indisputable truth... there is virtually zero reason to equip vehicles with fully autonomous hardware at this time... there are many potentially critical paths to overcome that will take many years... deploying level 5 features today makes absolutely no sense and in my opinion is being used for hype.

Still not believing you.

Wait, did I get this right? They built up some expectation and especially the "Model 3 part 2" just a few hours ago, and announced something not finished yet with a higher price than the current option, and disabled the current option? How is this good news (in the short term)?

Yes, that is correct.

Now, be careful since @racer26 will accuse you of crawling out from under a rock for not "knowing" that this is all about the Model 3 part 2 reveal. The night is young! Elon tweeted so it must be true!

Those of you complaining how this wasn't M3 part 2 reveal: The S and X are just stepping stone cars, M3 is what counts going forward for Elon, what's important is that full autonomy is coming for the Model 3, the fact that when M3 gets it of course the top of the line S and X cars will have it too is a given, and if possible a little before M3 in order to keep that feeling of exclusivity + in order to keep S and X sales strong all the way to and during M3 take-off.

Looks like standard AP safety features will be active in a couple months. From the bottom of the new Autopilot page.

4kDT4io.png

I think Auto Emergency Braking and Front Collision Warning is there as of now, for sure. I'm less sure about Side Collision Warning (could sound like you need more sensors to the sides for that to work) and Auto High Beams (kind of a "weak" safety feature if you ask me).

Yes, that is correct.

Now, be careful since @racer26 will accuse you of crawling out from under a rock for not "knowing" that this is all about the Model 3 part 2 reveal. The night is young! Elon tweeted so it must be true!
I'm amused that now fully 10% of your posts on this account consist of incorrectly accusing me of an ad hominem against you.

Those of you complaining how this wasn't M3 part 2 reveal: The S and X are just stepping stone cars, M3 is what counts going forward for Elon, what's important is that full autonomy is coming for the Model 3, the fact that when M3 gets it of course the top of the line S and X cars will have it too is a given, and if possible a little before M3 in order to keep that feeling of exclusivity + in order to keep S and X sales strong all the way to and during M3 take-off.

All that, plus we haven't even seen the video yet. "A Tesla" navigating in a complex urban environment. The night is young ....

Upon further reflection, I take back what I stated regarding possible loss of sales. I now think the effect will be a wash.

Some people will defer purchase of Autopilot 2.0 Teslas until the software is ready. Others will now have reason to purchase or upgrade because they can be assured of having the latest features as they become available. I suspect these different forces will even out.

Status
Not open for further replies.