Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That should move the SP up, way up! I'm sure that Tesla will be able to reduce the price in the future but that doesn't matter.

This is huge! The only comparisons that come to mind are the iPhone and the M3!

I hope they take deposits on the roof, because I want to reserve one, and I think that's they only way I'll get it fairly soon.
Regarding PW 2, is it limited to solar city, or can other residental solar companies incorporate?

Earth will be fine once it has shrugged off the humans. In geologic time it won't matter at all. There will just be a layer of plastic in the geologic record to mark our existence.

HUMANS will even survive global warming. There are too many of us and we are very adaptable.

Civilization is what is at risk.

You may be right. Or not. Regardless, ICE cars are prematurely killing people and the planet as we know it. Of course when man becomes extinct because of the next ice age, we won't care what's going on on the planet.

An overlooked aspect here is the vote percentage - 85%. That's quite high for a company as controversial as Tesla buying an even more controversial company days after a worst case scenario election from a political risk point of view. This indicates a high level of confidence in the longs - primarily institutions - invested in Tesla. I expect this strong vote of confidence to give short term strength to the SP. If the institutions with the best knowledge of the merger details are on board, it stands to reason that it's a value-creating acquisition and money should flow in to Tesla.

Regarding PW 2, is it limited to solar city, or can other residental solar companies incorporate?

There is no more Solar City, just Tesla. (Well in a few days there will be no more Solar City.)

On top of that PowerWall really has nothing to do with Solar. Sure it works great with a Solar system, but you don't need one to use it. And I think it can work with any Solar system.

Regarding the cost of solar roofs and my theory that incentives explained the lower cost of the Tesla product ...

He specifically said (~19:40) cost (he thinks) will be about equal or less before factoring in the fact that the roof tiles produce electricity "so subsidies are irrelevant" (paraphrasing).

I'm sorry Mitch, you're gonna have to just take a number and get in line behind Elon Musk and @tentonine in correcting me on this statement. It really is a bitch when Elon himself clarifies his statement later in the broadcast to specifically shoot down the theory I just proudly voiced on the forum. Oh well.

Last edited:
An overlooked aspect here is the vote percentage - 85%. That's quite high for a company as controversial as Tesla buying an even more controversial company days after a worst case scenario election from a political risk point of view. This indicates a high level of confidence in the longs - primarily institutions - invested in Tesla. I expect this strong vote of confidence to give short term strength to the SP. If the institutions with the best knowledge of the merger details are on board, it stands to reason that it's a value-creating acquisition and money should flow in to Tesla.

I agree that the 85% approval rate will help the SP. Part of the reason for my confidence is that there just aren't many shareholders left who will sell because of today's vote, and the high number takes a lot of wind out of the sails of Tesla's critics.

The second statement that should positively influence the stock is the issue about the solar roof being no more expensive than a "regular" roof. This is a cost statement that Elon specifically avoided at the solar roof event and something he kept to be let out of its cage today. Suddenly, the Buffalo factory's solar roof looks at least twice as extraordinary when the price point is considered.

Tomorrow should be a good day for TSLA.

Based on simple observations of what Elon has stated all along, he's got the support from institutions. This puts a big hole in the short thesis that it would be difficult for Tesla to raise money. Ever heard of a $10 billion company on ludicrous growth having problems raising money? C'mon shorts.. You gotta give me something better than that to drop my TSLA.

So in the end, as it turns out, Elon was telling the truth after all, when has he ever lied to us? Never..

Last edited:
Elon never mentions solutions for people in the Southwest. Tile roofs? What they?

How about a flat roof solution, Elon? Guess we'll be waiting a very long time before they have simulated gravel pieces which are actually tiny solar collectors :)

View attachment 202687
Try the sun cube. The product was perfect for placing on on flat roofs :(
Sun Cube Saga - Today Tonight Adelaide

Regarding the solar roof pricing: I'd just like to know the numerical price range than these comparisons with some unnamed normal roof, then adding "probably". Which price is the uncertain part? The cost of the normal roof or the cost of the solar roof?

Then, there is the puzzling part, that in 2 weeks, the solar roofs showcased in Hollywood couldn't be made functional. May be, install will get quicker and easier as Tesla gains more experience installing these.

Psychopathic career TSLA short **name redacted** gets cryogenically frozen for his crimes of spreading FUD. He is woken up decades later for a parole hearing and slowly realizes the world is not what it used to be.

Future.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: techmaven

Agree. I think the whole Trump = insta-market tumble was more of a fear of the unknown. I think people are realizing that he'll play nice for the most part. Damnit Carl..

Call me paranoid from all my mental scar tissue from the past few months, but I'm not gonna celebrate until tomorrow once hedgies and that lovely relationship between analysts and Elon come forth.

QED.

Not only a compliance car, a PR stint as well. Pretty divergent goals for the members of the "same team"...

From the WSJ:

GM has said its $30,000 Bolt will be on sale in the 2016 calendar year, a target that qualifies the car for certain product awards and allows the company to say its car hits the market well in advance of a rival product being developed by Tesla Motors Inc. GM spokeswoman Michelle Malcho said Thursday the car is expected to meet high interest, but will be offered in limited quantities in 2017.

*Rolled eyes stuck at the back of my head* emoticon.

So with the Bolt being a no show till Spring of 2017, what's going to stop Tesla from eating up more of Chevy's lunch? Maybe the 3 will serve the Bolt like the S served the ELR (now discontinued..). Chevy better not delay any further, otherwise they're going to make Motor T. look like fools in 2017.. Oh, wait, that already happened the minute MT accepted those Ad $$$ from Chevy.

The interest in the Bolt is high alright, just how (high) would you have to be in order to choose the Bolt over the 3? Pretty damn high...

Status
Not open for further replies.