Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a few days ago but I haven't seen it posted yet (at least in this thread).

upload_2016-12-7_13-57-29.png

Has anyone received this outside the UK?

There is US Energy Storage Summit today and tomorrow in SF. Tesla's VP of Products & Programs, Mateo Jaramillo and Sonnen Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Philipp Schroder along with CTM Research Moderator, Shayle Kann will participate in 10:00 - 10:30 (PT) session headlined "energy Storage in 2030". (Watching webcast of the two day Summit requires Squared membership - $249 per year with $50 off using promo code STORAGE16)

There is US Energy Storage Summit today and tomorrow in SF. Tesla's VP of Products & Programs, Mateo Jaramillo and Sonnen Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Philipp Schroder along with CTM Research Moderator, Shayle Kann will participate in 10:00 - 10:30 (PT) session headlined "energy Storage in 2030". (Watching webcast of the two day Summit requires Squared membership - $249 per year with $50 off using promo code STORAGE16)
too bad you have to pay to watch.......

The shorts (specially on S.A. and Spiegel) might run with the story that SDI-Samsung announces 'breakthrough' cylindrical Li-Ion cells. Conveniently forgetting they have been hammering Tesla for years for the stupid' choice for cylindrical cell's instead of the prismatic cells that all the others are using. Tja.. :rolleyes:

Ref: Lucid Motors and Samsung claims ‘breakthrough’ battery cell to power upcoming all-electric sedan

Question for today : How long until LG will announce THEIR breakthrough cylindrical cells ?

The shorts (specially on S.A. and Spiegel) will run with the story that SDI-Samsung announces 'breakthrough' cylindrical Li-Ion cells. Forgetting they for years have been hammering Tesla's 'stupid' choice for cylindrical cell's instead of the prismatic cells that all the others are using. Tja.. :rolleyes:

Ref: Lucid Motors and Samsung claims ‘breakthrough’ battery cell to power upcoming all-electric sedan

Question for today : How long until LG will announced THEIR breakthrough cylindrical cells ?

I'm finding Lucid Motors to be a reasonable competitor for Model S only when they roll out in a couple years. It's not coincidence that... the guy who designed Model S architecture is making that car too lol

Reactions: neroden and Gerardf
Mod Note:
Crikeys. I leave for ONE DAY, and this thread gets filled with garbage.

TO ALL - if you cannot refrain from posting about others, from posting non-productive posts, from posting about what happens to run counter to your particular little world's particular little mindset, then leave. Stop posting here; stop reading this thread and this forum.

And to those of you who fall victim to those posts and can't stop rising to such bait - for crying in the mud, sit on your hands! DO NOT REPLY!

I've not the patience to go through yesterday's feed and eradicate what doesn't belongs there, but I've already sent to snippiness items from this morning....and I've not had my coffee yet.

What in blazes is going to happen next summer when I'm back in the Land Of No Bandwidth?

Grow up, all of you. This is completely out of hand.

The shorts (specially on S.A. and Spiegel) might run with the story that SDI-Samsung announces 'breakthrough' cylindrical Li-Ion cells. Conveniently forgetting they have been hammering Tesla for years for the stupid' choice for cylindrical cell's instead of the prismatic cells that all the others are using. Tja.. :rolleyes:

Question for today : How long until LG will announce THEIR breakthrough cylindrical cells ?

In fairness haven't Elon/JB also said that they mostly went cylindrical because they were so widely available and may not represent the ideal geometry?

Reactions: FredTMC
This matches what I've been saying. Trump has *high unpredictability* and *high unreliability*.

I think Tesla's about as secure a long-term investment as you can get in this market. But we can probably expect volatility to increase. It's startling how low volatility is right now anywa, it's way lower than historical norms for Tesla.... but what do I know, I'm no good at predicting volatility.

• Informative
Reactions: Kiwi_Guy
In fairness haven't Elon/JB also said that they mostly went cylindrical because they were so widely available and may not represent the ideal geometry?

I could be wrong, but as I understood that was the reason they went with 18650 size.
Next to that, for the GigaFactory and Model-3 volumes they had all the freedom to chose the optimum solution, and they stayed with cylindrical.

I could be wrong, but as I understood that was the reason they went with 18650 size.
Next to that, for the GigaFactory and Model-3 volumes they had all the freedom to chose the optimum solution, and they stayed with cylindrical.
Yes, but a lot of the reason to stay with cylindrical cells was due to the fact that they had already solved the problems associated with that type of cell, and their existing packs all used that type of cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.