Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I buy the Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Model X for 5 months now and don't regret the purchase. Sure, it has its quirks and I've had a couple issues that I'm still waiting to get resolved, but it's been amazing to drive and gets looks everywhere I go. I will say it's not a car for everyone, and would only recommend it to people who are comfortable being early adopters and solving minor technical glitches on their own.

Sounds like a really mixed bag of people who are happy with the car and those that are not.
That's pretty much what everything is. Make your own informed decision based on truths and facts.

For example, I knew/expect the FWDs would have issue sooner or later after delivery, but it turned out it got problem right on delivery. Maybe that's a good thing as I have not had a service visit yet.

Now I just took my parents 2017 Mercedes E300 to the shop and I kept thinking wtf is this crap. Got a C300 loaner and that was even crappier. The engine noise, transmission.. feeling slow, etc. No regret joining the EV bandwagon. Good luck.

Reactions: HerrJones
I have had my Model X 90D since August and I don't regret my decision one bit. I was in a similar situation and had even gone to the Tesla store to change my order to an S. Fortunately I stuck with the X order. With 4K miles and an almost flawless car, I am a very happy Tesla customer.

You won't regret this purchase

• Informative
Reactions: HerrJones
I would not recommend purchasing the x until all the problems have been resolved. My car has been in the shop several times and it seems they can't resolve some issues the 1st time.
I inquired about returning it and no one has responded. That was when I had 400 miles on it. It has over 700 now. I will take a Porsche or Mercedes any day over the x. Better ride and quieter. More dependable with less headaches and service rated by customers. You don't receive any follow ups after Tesla service. Wonder why.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Torn between the X5M and the X. Two different cars and kinda wanted the X for the cool tech and the quiet electric car. Hopefully all the issues are straightened out and with the AP2 I kinda lean towrd the X after reading all the comments

1) When did you get your Model X?2) Would you buy it again knowing what you know now?

1) Look at my signature.
2) YEEEEES.
-----------------
3) We will have the same service center , the difference is I'm 1160 km &12 hr drive (excluding charging time); for you its your home.
4) Passion for driving, is now AN ADDICTION after my X , even in our frigid weather!!

• Love
Reactions: Ormond
Very excited to have ordered a P90D for Jan delivery......too bad the P100D has ludi,
I would have preferred the Xtra range without the Xtra speed.

By January you might very well be able to get a P100D without ludicrous. Elon indicated that only the first 2-3 months of the 100D would be exclusively performance ludicrous cars when they first came out. But something he said in the shareholder meeting this week made me feel it could take longer to make its way down to lower cost configurations. Maybe someone with a better memory can remember what exactly he said in that meeting regarding the 100D batteries.

• Informative
Reactions: NikeWings
I've had my X since April. It has had multiple problems, been in to service multiple times (for over 6 weeks total), and I haven't been thrilled about it. My falcon wing doors continue to operate ineffectively and I'm waiting on my Service Center to call me back after talking to them twice this week. That experience is getting very frustrating.

Still - I'd buy one again. When it's performing properly, it's a great car.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: DIL and Mark Z
Mine is a late June delivery and have had very few issues all of them taken care of by the sc. The way I look at it is that the vehicle is unusual and there is nothing out there like it, when you buy something that is new technology and very different than anything produced at this time you will have issues. Probably over engineered but still a fun car to drive, for the amount paid for this car should it be perfect, probably but I'm willing to deal with the issues as they come up. We will see what the future brings.

I've had my X since April. It has had multiple problems, been in to service multiple times (for over 6 weeks total), and I haven't been thrilled about it. My falcon wing doors continue to operate ineffectively and I'm waiting on my Service Center to call me back after talking to them twice this week. That experience is getting very frustrating.

Still - I'd buy one again. When it's performing properly, it's a great car.
ohmman, you & I same delivery window. I'd buy again, and got lucky with my FWD and other items. Great car, my first Tesla