Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I sell my 60?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was browsing the sold listings on Ebay and I noticed that since the price of the battery upgrade has dropped I could do the upgrade and sell my "75" for almost what I paid for it after 15k miles.

The only problem is there isn't a great option to downgrade to.

I think it only makes sense to sell if you’d come out financially ahead, or you could upgrade your car and get more features that you want without spending a lot of money.

Keep in mind that even if you sell and buy another car there are other costs to deal with, such as registration and sales tax on the new car, so even if you can break even or even make a little money on the sale it will be hard to come out ahead in the long run unless the new car is significantly cheaper.

Of course if you want to upgrade your car and move up to AP2 hardware or change the color or get a package that you didn’t get the first time, then this might be a good opportunity to do that if you can get out of your current car for about as much as you put into it.

But from what you said above, I suspect that you’re pretty happy with your car as it is and I would pretty surprised if you could come out ahead financially in the deal, so I think it probably makes sense to keep what you have.

Reactions: twonius
You can try to sell your car at such prices and see if you actually can sell it. If so, I would definitely sell and buy a new car since the new 75 is vastly superior.

This is therefore a dilemma. If the new 75 is vastly superior, why would I, or any other logical person, spend a lot to buy a used car that's significantly inferior, for not much less than a new car?

Honestly I personally wouldn't buy a used 60, even one just delivered right before it went away, with 2k miles and fully optioned, for anything more than $55k, because I personally think the new car is so much more superior.