Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should i take this inventory car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several weeks ago, my wife and I decided to order a model X. After a test drive, we sat in the showroom with the rep and looked at cost of new build. We looked at the inventory also and found an X with the exact same options we wanted plus an additional discount of over $4,000 for being a showroom car. It had yet to be shipped to the showroom (Alabama) and was sitting on a lot in LA. Mileage, like yours, was listed at 50. The rep said it was a new car, we just grabbed it before it could be sent to Alabama. Worked out great for us. Last week, the additional $3,500 was deducted from the sales price. Yours should get the same deduction because of the 100 D battery. So I would say, figure what options you want and look at a new build price and then look around for the exact same car thats in inventory and is listed at 50 miles. The latter choice has worked out better, and cheaper for us. Happy X hunting.

so I place do an order for a custom build but than they said that this one is available inventory for immediate delivery.

Should I accept it pro wait for q4 and maybe something else may pop up in new features?

Model X 100D 5YJXCBE26HF060468 | Tesla

My wife and I were going to order a base model. Ended up the inventory one with some upgrades was cheaper and we only waited 4 days. On the pick up date we were surprised with an additional 9,650 showroom discount even though it had never been out of the storage area and only had 16kms on it.

I would compare the two options and factor in the wait time. I love telling people I waited 4 days for it.

My wife and I were going to order a base model. Ended up the inventory one with some upgrades was cheaper and we only waited 4 days. On the pick up date we were surprised with an additional 9,650 showroom discount even though it had never been out of the storage area and only had 16kms on it.

I would compare the two options and factor in the wait time. I love telling people I waited 4 days for it.
Funny how it is only 4 days now. Could have gotten an inventory car within 2 days but didnt love the car. 10 months ago I waited more than 3 months for my Model X 60D. May it rest in peace. lol

Well the biggest thing here right now is that building the car vs. this it is the same exact price.

The reason the 7 seater with FSD is same price is because the the 6 seater is more expensive.

So there are no showroom discounts on this. I gotta buy it as is.

Well the biggest thing here right now is that building the car vs. this it is the same exact price.

The reason the 7 seater with FSD is same price is because the the 6 seater is more expensive.

I dont really understand the showroom discount. If its coming out out inventory I think the discount should apply. That being said, each market is going to have different characteristics. In Dallas maybe they move enough cars not to incentivize the potential purchaser.

Vancouver, with a smaller population maybe we need more help making good decisions.

@Mrwatchdawg Are you leasing or buying cash? If you finance you can get less than 0.99%. If you need a referral, let me know. I need one more for a prize of arachnids and donating money from the sale of the arachnids to charity because they don't work on Model X. Link is in signature below. If you are on phone, here is our link: http://ts.la/mark7548. Good luck!
Thanks and really appreciate it!

Last edited:
The advantage of picking up inventory right now is the 0.99% financing

The disadvantage of picking up the inventory car right now is that if there is a major change for Q4 then you will regret being rushed into the inventory car. But if there is no pricing difference then I can't see a huge advantage for inventory vs custom.

The advantage of picking up inventory right now is the 0.99% financing

The disadvantage of picking up the inventory car right now is that if there is a major change for Q4 then you will regret being rushed into the inventory car. But if there is no pricing difference then I can't see a huge advantage for inventory vs custom.

What's is the huge change for Q4?

thats the question. Tesla is pretty good about springing things on us. But there could be no positive incentive or they could be giving a free model 3 with every model X.... your guess is as good as mine. Nothing in the rumors to suggest much of anything though from what I have seen

• Helpful
Reactions: SD_Engnr