Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I trade up ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 22 Y with 26,000 miles.
With the lower price and the Fed rebate it almost makes sense to go for a 23. New suspension is smoother BUT how does the new
Updated Tesla Vision with no sensors compare to my 22 with awesome sensors.
Thanks
Non uss sucks, I have 2022 MYP and 2023 MYLR pros and cons, they are both Fremont builds. Build, ride, rattles, sound are much better 2023 MYLR, but I do wish it had USS.

Reactions: TuMadre1337
My daughter has a 2023 MYP, my wife has a 2021 MYLR. My daughter finds it frustrating when parking without the USS, though I am not sure if it has gotten better recently. With the loss you will take on the 2023 MY I would probably just hang onto it. Maybe buy it as a second car if that would make sense for your situation? But the updates are not significant enough between 2022 and 2023 IMHO. I would wait 3+ years for HW4+ and maybe a body re-design similar to what is going on with the M3 right now.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

I'm not understanding the reliance on USS. When is this so necessary? Parking? It's not like it's some land yacht. Cameras in the back and side are pretty great. So, you only need it for pulling up close to something?
Probably depends on how and where you drive/park your vehicle. I use my USS every time I park in the garage. I know that at 20" to the wall is the perfect distance to be able to walk in front of the vehicle and have just enough distance between the back of the vehicle and the garage door to get through and plug in the charger. It's accurate and I don't have to guess. Could I guess, which seems about as accurate as the current vision system. Sure I could by why, I have an accurate tool that provides that information.

Probably depends on how and where you drive/park your vehicle. I use my USS every time I park in the garage. I know that at 20" to the wall is the perfect distance to be able to walk in front of the vehicle and have just enough distance between the back of the vehicle and the garage door to get through and plug in the charger. It's accurate and I don't have to guess. Could I guess, which seems about as accurate as the current vision system. Sure I could by why, I have an accurate tool that provides that information.
That makes sense. We use the old tennis ball method for the two cars that pull in head first and I back the MY in.

I'm trading up from a Jan 21 build LR to a new performance model; currently awaiting delivery. Mainly for the new suspension. I don't ever use parking sensors; I back into my garage and can tell when to stop using the cameras and mirrors.

Reactions: TMK26
I will wait for HW4+ (or maybe model 2024 Model Y)
This is my answer. The 2022 & 2023 are virtually identical inside and out.. with the major key difference being the lack of USS. Why trade the car you already own.. for another one that looks exactly like what you already have. IMO the most noticeable thing will be that new car payment. If the suspension upgrade is what you care about most.. look into aftermarket suspension solutions for your car. There are quite a few options that run in the $2,000-$3,000 range and will provide a better, more customizable ride than a 2023.

If you are going to buy a new Y at this point.. My advice is wait for something more significant to change. HW4 cameras/radar at a minimum. Or even better.. wait for the Juniper refresh to the Model Y. My best guess is the Juniper refresh will happen for the 2024 model year.. which should start production around October this year. So you are talking around a 6-month wait.