Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need a little help wheel gurus.... Looking for a SQUARE set of 21" rims for my soon to be Model X LR.

Problem is both designs I really like (Stance SF10's or Rohana RFX 10's) only come in 21x9 or 21x10.5 sizes.

I'm told 10.5" is too big in the front for the refreshed X, and obviously 21x9 is smaller than the OEM 10" wide rears.

Is there an ideal square setup for a newer X that others have tried or works? Would the 21x9's look that bad in the rears if I went more aggressive on the offset?

Bumping this for more info.

Here’s my setup

Avant Garde M520R Gloss Black
22 x 9, 25mm
22 x 10.5, 28mm
jz788 - man, I really like the rear diffuser as well. I think it's CMST? Does the center light actually light up with brakes? How was the install and quality overall?

1698615980775.png

Thanks!

Here’s my custom forge setup using stock bolts
22x9.5 front ET 26 265/35/22
22x10.5 rear ET 30 285/35/22

Got macsboost rear shim added to help with tire wear along with gunmetal center caps and black plastic bolt covers.

Attachments

• IMG_5657.jpeg
    IMG_5657.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5943.jpeg
    IMG_5943.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5944.jpeg
    IMG_5944.jpeg
    1,002.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Gave up on the 21’s… think I’ll be sticking with aftermarket 20’s on OEM sized rubber.

🛞Fronts 20x9 +25
🛞Rear 20x10 +25

Anybody running a setup like this on a refreshed X? Worth going a little more offset in the rear? +20?

I’ll be running N2ITIVE lowering links and camber arms as well. 😎

In the PY section, several owners were running wider rubber on their stock rims to make the ride softer. Some were moving their rear rubber to the front rims and buying new rubber for the rear.

I considered the same N2ITIVE hardware, but instead decided to go with shims for camber and add the UnPlugged rear sway bar for now.

In the PY section, several owners were running wider rubber on their stock rims to make the ride softer. Some were moving their rear rubber to the front rims and buying new rubber for the rear.

I considered the same N2ITIVE hardware, but instead decided to go with shims for camber and add the UnPlugged rear sway bar for now.

I've run the Eibach adjustable sway bars in both of my Model 3's.

They greatly improved handling and body roll, but at the cost of added ride harshness and loss of traction in wet weather when accelerating quickly on turns.

Not sure the X needs that given the dampers are already combating body roll constantly and it's exactly nimble in the corners like the 3 is/was.

Reactions: towndrunk
Where did you buy them, and did you just think they would fit or was it advertised they would? Needless to say at this point - best to shop with a vendor that specifically confirms compatibility or you know others that have used them on same setup.

I'd love to put my 21 inch Y uber-turbines on a MX for example but the only other person who has done so here did it on a pre-refresh (pre 2021). But I already have the wheels so I guess I could try with custom billets and 275 or 285/40/21 tires. But this would be definitely out-of-spec and will likely not try it regardless.