Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 265/40/20 on the front and will get 305/35/20 on the rear. That OD is near perfect and also same OD as the 21's to keep the speedometer with the correct speed. I'm really hoping that will cure the spinning.
The front and rear don’t necessarily have to be exact. But the fronts should be as close to one of the stock front tire diameters as possible. And rears should be as close to one of the stock rear diameters as possible. So 265/295 or 285/305 are your better bets.

Here are my 20s. Love the looks and the fitment but I have an issue. I had the oem 21s which worked great. When I went with the 20s, I got 265/40/20 PS4's on the front and 305/30/20 on the rear. The car spun BAD, even at the track that was prepped. When I fixed the camber issue the tire shop I took it to screwed the toe settings up and the rear tires lasted only 3K miles. So not wanting to spend $1,000 on a new set of tires, I found a used set of 305/30/20 Pirelli P Zeros till I got the toe issue figured out. Ended up setting the toe myself and now its correct but still the same issue, car spins very bad. Next set will be 305/35/20 PS4's. I'm really hoping this tire spin issue is due to the difference in the OD between the fronts and rear.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1028591
Hey Russ,

Car looks great! :cool:

The OD of your front tires to your rear tires is about 4%. This is far too large and typically will trip out the car's TCS/SCS.
As you may have come to this conclusion already, 305/35/20 is the proper tire size for Model S.

-Danny

Reactions: RussZTT
Here are my 20s. Love the looks and the fitment but I have an issue. I had the oem 21s which worked great. When I went with the 20s, I got 265/40/20 PS4's on the front and 305/30/20 on the rear. The car spun BAD, even at the track that was prepped. When I fixed the camber issue the tire shop I took it to screwed the toe settings up and the rear tires lasted only 3K miles. So not wanting to spend $1,000 on a new set of tires, I found a used set of 305/30/20 Pirelli P Zeros till I got the toe issue figured out. Ended up setting the toe myself and now its correct but still the same issue, car spins very bad. Next set will be 305/35/20 PS4's. I'm really hoping this tire spin issue is due to the difference in the OD between the fronts and rear.

Thoughts?

View attachment 1028591
Drag strip?

Giovanna Haleb 22" (9" front & 10.5" rear) with 245/30-22 and 295/25-22 tires.

IMG_3490.PNG

IMG_3488.PNG
IMG_3487.JPEG

Reactions: ggunn9

Thoughts?

View attachment 1028591
PS4 or PS4S?
Significant difference there.

PS4S are much grippier. Beyond that, you're looking at a toyo R888 but you need to be a masochist to live with them.

As gorgeous as the Model Y upgrade wheels are, I wanted the 19" Gemini's superior ride, superior efficiency and lower price of replacement tires - so I went with an aftermarket black wheel cover, Rimetrix Laminar Black. If black Gemini wheel covers had been a factory option when I ordered, I would have gone with that. Non Tesla owners, and even some Tesla owners, wouldn't know the difference between my Laminars versus 21" Tesla UberTurbines or 20" Inductions.

Laminar-Close-Front_1620x1080_gemini.png

As gorgeous as the Model Y upgrade wheels are, I wanted the 19" Gemini's superior ride, superior efficiency and lower price of replacement tires - so I went with an aftermarket black wheel cover, Rimetrix Laminar Black. If black Gemini wheel covers had been a factory option when I ordered, I would have gone with that. Non Tesla owners, and even some Tesla owners, wouldn't know the difference between my Laminars versus 21" Tesla UberTurbines or 20" Inductions.

Laminar-Close-Front_1620x1080_gemini.png
This is the Model S wheel thread where we put aftermarket wheels not hubcaps on our cars.