Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show Us Your Tents!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only about 20 people at the Aarhus, Denmark office. Probably because of the tax that was added late last year, and which will increase every year at new years until 2020. Nobody believed that the Model 3 would hit Denmark before New Year 2017/18.

Someone in the queue said Tesla sold about 100 S'es a month last year, but 600 in November and 1200 in December. Only 2 since New Year.

I reserved my Model 3 :)

Reactions: ModelX and ggnykk
What? No pictures of the line by police? Is this even America? ask the cop what law you are violating, he probably would say he doesn't know.

These were mall cops not real police. They said they might call the police but we weren't breaking any laws. We just were breaking the mall's rules which the police cannot enforce. They really couldn't do much. They later said we could take pictures of the line and ourselves but that is all!

Reactions: ggnykk
Success!! There were 380 people behind me in the Burbank store. I haven't received any e-mail yet... hopefully they got it down correctly... my credit card was charged though.
IMG_20160331_064143.jpg

Some more photos from the Toronto Lawrence store this morning - good turnout despite the nasty weather that sent a lot of people to the Yorkdale location on the other side of town. The staff let us in at 7am to line up in the gallery area, and even went out of their way to bring in fresh coffee to serve to us in line. Kudos to the staff at Lawrence for making the entire experience amazing.

I tallied the result at 9am open in the 200 range, with more people trickling in as others left.

Attachments

• IMG_3531.JPG
    IMG_3531.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    383 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3555.JPG
    IMG_3555.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    310.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3597.JPG
    IMG_3597.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3595.JPG
    IMG_3595.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3579.JPG
    IMG_3579.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 69
image.jpeg
Hundreds of people at 901 Page Road in Fremont near the factory where Model X was revealed by Elon.

Ran into my next door neighbor and a business colleague so far. Line moves fast at least 10 stations to reserve here.

And a model X, S and Roadster for people to take selfies. They sell t-shirts and other Tesla swag on the way out.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ggnykk and MrBoylan
Wow, I thought this was gonna be big. I had NO idea it would be anything like this... I think the reservation tallies are going to top even the wildest expectations.
I will now put in my last Montreal press plug (I promise) and go to sleep so I can be conscious for the reveal party tonight.
More than 200 line up at Montreal Tesla dealership for dibs on new car

All the local news stations showed up with film crew this morning in Rocklin. Definitely getting attention.

Why are model S owners pulling up and getting in line? Don't they have priority online?

A store reservation gets you priority ahead of peers in your same group and order configuration, no matter what. That includes owners, a owner at the store will still get priority over a similar owner online.

Booked, but not yet received confirmation a couple of hours later. Still waiting and nervously awaiting confirmation. In the meanwhile... here is a picture from in the Lawrence Ave store in Toronto.

Attachments

• Tesla Showroom Lawrence Ave Toronto IMG_20160331_101001.jpg
    Tesla Showroom Lawrence Ave Toronto IMG_20160331_101001.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: ggnykk
@SammyA. I know it is pouring with rain in Toronto, but don't forget to take your smartphone & post a picture. The first person to post a picture of the Toronto lineup, just before opening, will be entitled to a ride in my SigX when it arrives.
Hi Brian, Congratulations on your SigX. I might not be the first to post a Toronto pic, but I would still love to have a look and get a ride fo your SigX. Here is the pic I got.

Attachments

• Tesla Showroom Lawrence Ave Toronto IMG_20160331_101001.jpg
    Tesla Showroom Lawrence Ave Toronto IMG_20160331_101001.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 59