Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, where will you get these installed since your in NJ?
My buddy Mike's shop just over the border in PA.... Charged Up Performance. He does work on all my buddies heavily modified Model 3's as well.

He's a former Tesla tech and does it all in his own shop now.... Aftermarket installs, lighting, repairs and general maintenance.

My buddy Mike's shop just over the border in PA.... Charged Up Performance. He does work on all my buddies heavily modified Model 3's as well.

He's a former Tesla tech and does it all in his own shop now.... Aftermarket installs, lighting, repairs and general maintenance.

So the only thing we are missing is the X’s. :)

So the only thing we are missing is the X’s. :)
Took delivery of mine on 11/3 but then I've been away for a bit.

Just got it back today from the detail shop.... got some PPF (front bumper/hood/rear bumper/mirrors/lights) and window tints. :cool:

Took delivery of mine on 11/3 but then I've been away for a bit.

Just got it back today from the detail shop.... got some PPF (front bumper/hood/rear bumper/mirrors/lights) and window tints. :cool:

Doing mine next week. Barely driven the car since it doesn’t have ppf and ceramic coating 🤣

Reactions: NJturtlePower
My 2018 Model X just developed the shudder at 107,000 miles. It seems to happen at 42, 52, 62 and 72 mph. I started by having all 4 tires balanced, then off to the Berkeley repair facility where they were very helpful. They replaced the drive unit under warranty and half shafts at a discount. Unfortunately, the shudder remains. One would think that this would have cured the problem. Besides tires and rotors, everything else is new. Any suggestions on what to do next? We ordered a 2023 because Tesla has a deal going where you can keep the free supercharging that came with the 2018. We intend to sell the 2018, but would like to resolve this problem first.

2022 Refreshed ModelX still have the same camber rear tire wear issues. Which means Tesla didn’t solve the shudder problem from wearing out the front half shafts and CVs (newer part numbers) since Low is still the default suspension setting.

We know, although the Toe arms on the refreshed S/X are now adjustable so that's a positive partial fix.

These are still a popular fix.

We know, although the Toe arms on the refreshed S/X are now adjustable so that's a positive partial fix.

These are still a popular fix.

Where are you seeing that the ones on the refreshed S/X are adjustable?

Where are you seeing that the ones on the refreshed S/X are adjustable?
updated toe arm
updatedtoearm.png

So my refresh had the front shafts replaced at 14k miles for shutter. So even on low, not gone. And how stupid/incompetent are they? The refresh defaults to low for the shafts but they couldn't change the angle of the rears to fix the inner tire wear at that new, default setting? I have the Macboost Shims installed and loved paying $$$ to bandaid a problem the refresh should have addressed.

Hey guys, if couldn't fix the shutter, atleast fix the rear camber. But nooooo, got both problems after shut down production for 10 months to do a pretty unimpressive Refresh.

The Refresh changes are things legacy guys change in the 3 week summer model change. Doesn't take 10 months to dechome, change the dash and add a heat pump from you other models. Instead you took my useful turn stalks, less range 371->348 with a new battery that saves you because it's smaller, removed configurability from dash screen, removed energy graph real-time range stuff, but still have that on the 3/y with the same orientation. Stalk to set follow distance gone and now 4 button presses on the screen away. So much safer... Removed radar, USS sensors. Decontenting at its best. TSLA to the moon!

Last edited:
So my refresh had the front shafts replaced at 14k miles for shutter. So even on low, not gone. And how stupid/incompetent are they? The refresh defaults to low for the shafts but they couldn't change the angle of the rears to fix the inner tire wear at that new, default setting? I have the Macboost Shims installed and loved paying $$$ to bandaid a problem the refresh should have addressed.

Hey guys, if couldn't fix the shutter, atleast fix the rear camber. But nooooo, got both problems after shut down production for 10 months to do a pretty unimpressive Refresh.

The Refresh changes are things legacy guys change in the 3 week summer model change. Doesn't take 10 months to dechome, change the dash and add a heat pump from you other models. Instead you took my useful turn stalks, less range 371->348 with a new battery that saves you because it's smaller, removed configurability from dash screen, removed energy graph real-time range stuff, but still have that on the 3/y with the same orientation. Stalk to set follow distance gone and now 4 button presses on the screen away. So much safer... Removed radar, USS sensors. Decontenting at its best. TSLA to the moon!
I am so sorry to hear of your plight. Both my 2019 and 2021 had the problem. That is EXACTLY why I canceled my order for my 2023 Model X. I refuse to have a vehicle sitting in my garage with faulty engineering that hasn't been and can't be corrected by Tesla since its the Model's introduction in 2016. It gnaws on ya, just knowing it. Musk has admitted that the Model X should have had its own frame, and not been built using the Model S frame for expediency. That is what keeps the shudder from being corrected.

It's sad to realize with such a beautiful and advanced vehicle, that at some point, "shudder", excessive tire wear, and blowouts will be a part of owning a Model X. It's like shingles. You just don't know when it is going to wake up. The Model X is no longer my cup of Tea.

Reactions: boney12
I read and see about this shudder/tire wear issue but wonder if there are other factors at play (I don't know what they would be). I have five friends all with X's of various years and none of them have ever complained about shudder or inner tire wear and I know none of them have put any aftermarket adjustable arms in. I would think a sample size of five X's of various years/miles would have had at least one mention to me about issues like that when I let them know I am getting an X. They all give glowing reviews of their ownership (except some for panel alignment/gaps).

I do have a friend with an OG Model S P85D with high miles and complains about his CV joints and another friend with a 2022 Model S Plaid whose front drive unit has 'failed' twice in 3,000 miles leaving him on the side of the road till he got out and got back in (the screen told him to do that to disable the front drive unit so the car can drive on the rear units only).

I currently have a Y and the only costly problem I have had with it is excessive front tire wear but found out the alignment was off from the factory and was still off after they 'checked' it at the service center. It was only fixed after the second set of tires and I had it aligned from an independent shop. Now my tires are wearing normally and I have a lot of miles on the current set of front tires and they still look great.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
I'm experiencing the same issue with 2023 MXLR, here is my service ticket (Sep 15, 2023) and fix but the issue is back again with less vibration. The Issue started around 6k miles.

Concern: Customer states: Other · Noise & 1. Vibration - When accelerating between 0 and 60, the pedal vibrates quite often and randomly

Performed re-balanced of all tires. also removed and replace both front half shafts to help reduce vibration. advise owner future software is under development to help further reduce vibration due to minor oscillations when motor torque is applied

I read and see about this shudder/tire wear issue but wonder if there are other factors at play (I don't know what they would be). I have five friends all with X's of various years and none of them have ever complained about shudder or inner tire wear and I know none of them have put any aftermarket adjustable arms in. I would think a sample size of five X's of various years/miles would have had at least one mention to me about issues like that when I let them know I am getting an X. They all give glowing reviews of their ownership (except some for panel alignment/gaps).

I do have a friend with an OG Model S P85D with high miles and complains about his CV joints and another friend with a 2022 Model S Plaid whose front drive unit has 'failed' twice in 3,000 miles leaving him on the side of the road till he got out and got back in (the screen told him to do that to disable the front drive unit so the car can drive on the rear units only).

I currently have a Y and the only costly problem I have had with it is excessive front tire wear but found out the alignment was off from the factory and was still off after they 'checked' it at the service center. It was only fixed after the second set of tires and I had it aligned from an independent shop. Now my tires are wearing normally and I have a lot of miles on the current set of front tires and they still look great.
You can read more about the issue here. There are tons of posts about the issue. Its a design flaw that has not been corrected.