Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sick of waiting? Vent here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's basic accounting, actually. Tesla COULD spend all that deposit money, and the day a bunch of people decide they want to cancel because, oh I dunno, they don't want to wait anymore :) , and uh oh, there's no money to give back cause it's spent.

Any business that isn't trying any funny business with their accounting will set aside these funds and not count it as earned revenue.
How to Report Deposits in Accrual Based Accounting
So....I suppose Tesla hasn't used any of it.

It is indeed in Elons sock drawer.

I'm think of a intermediate car before the 3, here it arrives next year but I guess in 2 years maybe.

Always wanted to build a Subaru Crosstrek STI, get a standard older crosstrek and a smashed STi and swap over all the goodies to makes a great sleeper. Think once I get a 3 I wont touch a ICE ever again, so might as well do this before the 3 (?)

With the dual motor 3 being pictured in the wild I can’t help but feel like my RWD is further away than ever. Where are the new, higher VINs? They said they could at least make as many per week as they were until the new machinery arrives, well where are they Tesla?!?

I will probably get a Model 3 in 2020 assuming Tesla is still in business. Sold my Model X because of lack of parts availability. Last weekend I bought a new Nissan Leaf and could not be happier. Tesla is obviously way ahead in terms of their human interface and options but to get from point A to Point B in comfort the Leaf gets 5 stars. And I must say the Leaf Pro Pilot system is very close to my Gen 1 Autopilot in the X. I hope to trade the Leaf in on a M3 in 2 years.