Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sick of waiting? Vent here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting for days now for Tesla to notify me to pick up my Model 3. The wait is killing me,:) as I spend all of my free time watching you tube videos of happy owners picking up their model 3's and recording their early impressions.

It has been over two weeks now since I ordered. I sure hope to get it in the next two weeks, but if not, I just will "enjoy" the anticipation. :) I feel Iike a 7-year old waiting for Christmas.

GSP

PS. I reserved the first day before the reveal, waiting in line at the local Tesla store. I also became a Model S owner while I was waiting, which helps to make the wait more bearable, but not a lot more. :)

Reactions: EinSV
I have been waiting for days now for Tesla to notify me to pick up my Model 3. The wait is killing me,:) as I spend all of my free time watching you tube videos of happy owners picking up their model 3's and recording their early impressions.

It has been over two weeks now since I ordered. I sure hope to get it in the next two weeks, but if not, I just will "enjoy" the anticipation. :) I feel Iike a 7-year old waiting for Christmas.

GSP

PS. I reserved the first day before the reveal, waiting in line at the local Tesla store. I also became a Model S owner while I was waiting, which helps to make the wait more bearable, but not a lot more. :)
Your so lucky! Million dollar questions... your choice of colour and to aero or not?

Yeah.... I am one of those that is a little frustrate with the wait.... But most of that is due to my current car being on it's last legs (Acura TL 2000 w/300k on the mileage meter).

Currently, the the transmission is starting to go and I just hope it makes it to getting the Model 3... Hate to have to invest another $1500 into a car to buy me another 3 or 6 months...

Oh my. Tell me about it. I'm never the one to fancy luxury items but if I could afford a Model S, any Model S I'd jump in a heartbeat. Waiting for the Model 3 for the past 5+ years has been exhausting. Nowing it's still at least 18 months away is worrying too. Better ramp up quick. I'm even scared about EV tax advantages my country currently provides disappearing. If they decide to pull that lever Model 3 will cost the same as a Model S today, meaning bye bye Tesla. I would be stuck with my 'interim' BMW i3 city car even though I drive a lot. Lenghts I went just to drive electric because Tesla made me believe in it... I've got an 18kWh battery... Can you believe it? With a Model 3 if I had 18kWh left I would have less than 25% and would probably look for a charging station. Yet today it is 'tank full'. God!

But most of that is due to my current car being on it's last legs (Acura TL 2000 w/300k on the mileage meter).

Currently, the the transmission is starting to go and I just hope it makes it to getting the Model 3... Hate to have to invest another $1500 into a car to buy me another 3 or 6 months...

I'm in the same boat. I'm on a temporary emissions sticker on my Camry with 297K miles on it. That's supposed to cost $1500 to fix and there are other repairs identified for another $2000. My temporary sticker runs out at the end of this month but I'll pay the ticket rather than lose over a third of my down payment on my Tesla.. The website SAYS I'm supposed to get my car within the next 23 days but no invite yet!

• Informative
Reactions: Pkmmte
Me too! I even looked at a V8 Mustang! Thank god I snapped out of it!
My last care was a Camaro SS. Been looking at the new Mustangs too. I love American Muscle and will sadly miss the musical purr of a 6.2L V8.

Looking forward to instant torque and significantly improved nav & touch screen controls. (it seems most automakers haven't improved Nav in 10+ years!)

I'm not sick of it, but I am just a little irritated. We finally couldn't wait any longer to get a third car - our oldest kid has a driver's license, and school, and a job, and making 3 different people's full schedules arrange properly with 2 cars just wasn't working. We bought a 2014 Chevy Spark EV in December. The Model 3 will now replace one of the ICE cars when we get it.

Part of the irritation is watching the car become available to more and more current Tesla owners while no non-owners have yet been invited. I don't begrudge those owners who have been with Tesla a long time of course, nor those who made their reservation back in 2016 like I did. It was supposed to be a thank you to folks who put their early trust in Tesla and I fully expected them to get their cars first, and that's appropriate. But now, you no longer have to be an early owner, or an early reservation holder. According to accounts both here and on the Model 3 Facebook group, people who have only recently bought a Tesla, and who only recently made a Model 3 reservation, have already been invited to order, completely skipping the line that I've been patiently waiting in for almost 2 years. That seems rather unfair. Non-owners like me are literally being pushed back in line, by people who just now decided they want a Tesla, and have the money to buy a Model S or X and then jump to the head of the line for buying a 3 as well. :(

Comforting to hear others in the same boat. Our 2000 model year Civic (with hand crank windows) has been showing its age. I would love to not have any more big repairs and put all of the money towards the Model 3.

The other factor is a bit of uncertainty with Ontario's EV incentives after this year's provincial election. If we lose that then our family can't afford a Model 3 at all (we are aiming for the base model).

Some non-critical things are that it would be nice to have it before our summer road trips and it would also be nice to get it on summer tires and take time to source our winter tires, but I'll take it any time really :)

The faster Model 3 makes it to Canada the better!