Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Black Wall Connector, ship yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Response to my email from Tesla representative regarding delivery (I inquired whether I could take delivery without installation at my current address, given how they worded the order—I want to use at a future house):

Quote:

Thank you contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program.

Yes you can take delivery of the wall connector and once you speak with representative about installation you can advise them of the address you want to install. The wall connectors will start shipping in April. Thank you for your patience.

End quote.

I opted for an 8’ regular one as well since our December delivery of our X75D has to share with my S100D. It was delivered the 1st of Aprik. Having an EV power rate we are supposed to charge between 11:00pm and 7:00am. Swapping out the plug between 2:00am and 3;00am...That was fun NOT!! ALSO Tesla says a plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla.....

Anyway happily charging with two wall chargers and don’t really care that I have matching shiny chargers vs one shiny and a black one with a faux signature ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder if there's any difference at all vs the grey HPWC other than just the front cover piece.

If it doesn't show up in time for my scheduled installation in the next month or two, I might just buy the grey one, swap the black cover on when it arrives, and eBay the "signature" unit with the used grey cover from the original. Easier than de-installing and re-installing a whole HPWC (which doesn't look that difficult either).

Might lose a few bucks in the process, but.. *shrug*