Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature color choices & other interesting finishes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my opinion, if you want a color other than the four Sig colors, then that's an excellent reason for downgrading to a general production car. True, you'll have to wait a few extra months for the car, but you'll get the color you want *and* you'll save a few thousand bucks in the process!

I almost did this, but the Signature interior turned out to actually be worth several thousand bucks to me, money which would otherwise have gone to retrofitting the Standard interior, but this way I don't invalidate any warranties. The same will apply to anyone else who is allergic to polyester by inhalation. ;-)

If you're not allergic to polyester, if you're not enamoured of the Signature interior, and you're not in a huge hurry to get your car, and you actually like one of the standard production colors (I'm actually not fond of any of them), you really should downgrade.

If you seriously detest all the colors, you may want to downgrade, buy plain white, and save your money for a custom repaint, vinyl wrap, etc.

vinyl wrap is not as expensive as you think!
Of what I understoof, The person who did his vinyl wrap himself, payed only 120$ for materials!
Probably this one? Am playing TEG's role here and Googling away to glory! :smile:

I vinyl wrapped my car flat black. This was just a random project i decided to pull the trigger on.... I had no experience whatsoever on vinyling anything. I just watched a few vids on youtube and got some advice from friends who do vinyl stickers. Here's a few pics of the process and outcome...

Hate it, Love it...It was my first time... it took me 1 week and a day to complete....did a panel a day after work =)

oh, and for the record... I didn't pay over $3000 bucks that most people pay to vinyl their car....

I paid about $120 for all materials... and i did all the work myself, with some help from my fiance from time to time

=) enjoy

If you're taking a long road trip and want to protect your leading paint surfaces, Griot's offers a nifty idea:

Surface Protection Film Roll

77898?$detail$.jpg

$30 saran wrap???