Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for legacy Model S/X with MCU1 (2022.8.10.8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah. They said it’s need to be taken into service due to one of the newly installed cams being bad. They said will ensure the software is up to date for FSD Beta.

Appointment for this is scheduled for 2/14/23

I’ll keep you updated
Weird that they knew it was bad and came out physically on their own dime but didn’t just bring a spare to swap it out on the spot.

Maybe it’s true and they are manually releasing to selected accounts and employees.

My safety score is 82 so I’m not holding my breath if they are still using this for MCU1 vehicles.

Is MCU1 FSD as good as FSD on a new Tesla?

I tested a friends p100d with mcu2. It wasn’t that bad. Only went for a short ride so there’s plenty more to see. But I’ll have to see how it’s performing on mcu1 when I get my car out the sc from getting cameras upgraded and other work done. Still was on .8 and I requested the lasted software on my appt. So I’m guessing I’ll be ready beta when I get it back. Hoping I just need to calibrate my cameras and get started right away. We’ll see

So someone on Twitter suggested that switching from Advanced to Standard unlocked an update. I tried it and…

However, not sure if this will unlock FSD.

Attachments

• 0A43247F-5022-4087-8589-F8DAB3CF0792.jpeg
    0A43247F-5022-4087-8589-F8DAB3CF0792.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 93
  • EC15CFAE-6B3C-4B73-9F75-8A0E5E088314.jpeg
    EC15CFAE-6B3C-4B73-9F75-8A0E5E088314.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 61
So someone on Twitter suggested that switching from Advanced to Standard unlocked an update. I tried it and…

However, not sure if this will unlock FSD.
Yes, @Solar40 and I both received the .10.11 update however it didn’t not provide FSD Beta.

Have you had a different experience? As of now .10.10 is for “exclusives and employees” and a few randoms that got lucky I was told me my SC that for MCU1 there is a “Beta within a Beta” only a select pool of people are allowed into FSD Beta for MCU1 until wide release to all MCU1 owners. You were intentionally skipped passed .10.10 to .11 for this reason.

Reactions: dbldwn02
I don't think FSD was pulled. NHTSA required some minor changes, which have yet to be rolled out. The option to get into FSD beta was made available to all FSD MCU2+ owners (early January?) without regard to safety score. I'm not sure of the exact date. Later (late January?) the option was removed. We have two cars with FSD. We joined the beta on one car, and the other we hadn't bothered, and now the option is no longer available. I'm sure the beta will be made available again, but I have no idea when.

Reactions: Solar40
I don't think FSD was pulled. NHTSA required some minor changes, which have yet to be rolled out. The option to get into FSD beta was made available to all FSD MCU2+ owners (early January?) without regard to safety score. I'm not sure of the exact date. Later (late January?) the option was removed. We have two cars with FSD. We joined the beta on one car, and the other we hadn't bothered, and now the option is no longer available. I'm sure the beta will be made available again, but I have no idea when.
I think we are saying the same thing different ways. I say pulled not terminated as I’m sure it will come back. But as both of us have stated we have no idea when.

You bit the bullet and paid to upgrade?
I did… and apparently for nothing at this point. Although the new side cameras while reversing and FSD visualization is cool. Luckily, I bought used and the car already had FSD.

As you said though, little empathy from Tesla. I can’t help but feel like jackass a bit honestly. Idgaf about Netflix and Hulu I charge at home with solar

Woah. It’ll be back soon. Luckily 11.3 coming out. It’s suppose to fix the recall for now. Hate to say it, and not to be negative But I got a feeling this won’t be the last fsd beta recall. They just getting started. As far as them passing us up on mcu1 with .11 they gotta give it to us eventually. Ramello you’ll be in soon. Hit me soon as you get in.

Reactions: dbldwn02
I was able to get FSD beta in late January in my MX ‘17 MCU1/HW3. The visualizations work really well given the hardware limitations, but I suspect they don’t want to do a mass rollout on MCU1 because of stability issues. After the .10 update I have to do a 4 finger reset every couple of days otherwise the MCU is unusable, plus there are random issues (for example the cabin AC turned on full blast for over an hour when the car was off and charging in my garage on a 70F night; at first I thought it was the cabin overheat protection but when I opened the driver’s door it stopped but the cabin was freezing). The .8 release was very stable by comparison. I would not be surprised if the new visualizations have a slow memory leak which has simply not been an issue for MCU2+ hardware. That said, FSDb is fun to play with despite the expected frequent poor decisions.

I was able to get FSD beta in late January in my MX ‘17 MCU1/HW3. The visualizations work really well given the hardware limitations, but I suspect they don’t want to do a mass rollout on MCU1 because of stability issues. After the .10 update I have to do a 4 finger reset every couple of days otherwise the MCU is unusable, plus there are random issues (for example the cabin AC turned on full blast for over an hour when the car was off and charging in my garage on a 70F night; at first I thought it was the cabin overheat protection but when I opened the driver’s door it stopped but the cabin was freezing). The .8 release was very stable by comparison. I would not be surprised if the new visualizations have a slow memory leak which has simply not been an issue for MCU2+ hardware. That said, FSDb is fun to play with despite the expected frequent poor
12/16 2022.8.10.8 MS w/FSD for years. Never heard about a "safety score" or anything. Any idea when I'll hear from Tesla?

Thanks
Did you get you r cameras upgraded yet? I pressed the button in around in early December. Got the email to upgrade cams jan17th. I have them done but I still don’t have beta yet.