Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silent indicators

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice this week I've got in the car and found the indicators are silent.

They kicked in after about a minute, along with the music. So it seems like the whole car is muted, or something along those lines.

Anyone else getting this?

Reactions: CWT3LR
Also, if you try to put them a second time by pressing the stalk in the same direction you did previously, this disable the indicators if they were on. Pretty silly UX as far as I'm concerned....
Not overly unusual with self-centring indicator stalks. I don't love it but it is the same on some other cars as well. I know Mini do this also.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. What is the best way to submit these kinds of things to Tesla?
Via the app, service request/other usually gets you through to a knowledgeable person reasonably quick.

Indicator noise actually comes from a speaker on the back of the screen (or around that area), I think it's a function of the MCU (entertainment) computer - sounds like that whole unit, or the sound driver part at least, is hanging?

Have you tried a reboot? Press and hold both steering wheel buttons for a bit to reboot just the MCU/screen. Can be done while driving if you are brave/desperate as it's the display, not any real functions, but I'd Def recommend while safely parked up at home the first time!

Reactions: Andy H
I think it might have something to do with new privacy legislation. Next, they'll probably disconnect your brake lights. No one should know what your intentions are while you are driving because it's none of anyone else's business and might make you feel 'unsafe'. (This was a change recommended by the kids at university). ;)
Well, are brake lights PII?! you live in a small village, of which there’s <10 teslas - of which you recognise the plates but not sure who owns which. You also know that of those 10 owners, 9 used to be BMW drivers and therefore the 1 left over was the safe driver. So if the brake lights came on in reasonable time you therefore know who’s driving the car!

Tenuous enough for you?

Last edited: