Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM icons didn't update with Sirius channel changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will post a tweet at Tesla and Elon tonight. Sometimes public knowledge of a problem shames people into addressing problems.
I have tweeted Elon multiple times now on the Sirius issues and also combing all user favorites by source into one favorite section. That way you can easily scan through your favorites with the steering wheel controls. Really surprised Tesla does not do this. I think he is too focused on FSD to care about anything else.

Seems like the above should not be that hard to correct and improve and make these simple little things an overall better Tesla experience.

I have tweeted Elon multiple times now on the Sirius issues and also combing all user favorites by source into one favorite section. That way you can easily scan through your favorites with the steering wheel controls. Really surprised Tesla does not do this. I think he is too focused on FSD to care about anything else.

Seems like the above should not be that hard to correct and improve and make these simple little things an overall better Tesla experience.
I have 10 SiriusXM Favorites. Combining Favorites from all sources would make things harder. Recents combines everything.

I have 10 SiriusXM Favorites. Combining Favorites from all sources would make things harder. Recents combines everything.
I have 13 Sirius favorites. Not sure why it would make it hard? BMW does it this way and it is fantastic. In our BMW, all my FM/XM/Sirius favorites are together and I can easily scroll through my favorites without every looking at the center screen. For safety reasons alone it is worth it.

Recents combines everything, but you still have to look at center console screen to change, when you try to do it with steering thumbnail it will not scroll through each recent. Plus it keeps recents up, that I don’t want to scroll through. Should be able to delete those recents.

Also - why can’t I remove certain sources, so I never see them, like Spotify. I know you can in the 3/Y, but don’t see how to do that in the S, unless I am just missing it.

In Tesla, you can not even select sources from the thumb wheel on your steering wheel. Looking at the screen to change sources and then select favorites is dangerous and takes your eyes of the road. Heck on Tesla, I can’t even save some of Sirius stations as favorites. Probably most clumsy infotainment system I have seen, which is so surprising, as I think as Tesla as a tech company similar to how Apple is.

So, many simple/easy improvements Tesla can make that just makes for an overall better experience, instead of a clumsy experience. Should not this way in a $95k car.

Also - why can’t I remove certain sources, so I never see them, like Spotify. I know you can in the 3/Y, but don’t see how to do that in the S, unless I am just missing it.
You can deselect Spotify or any source by clicking the cog (settings) at the bottom right side of the big screen selection bar when media is playing, and select Sources.

Many Of my XM channels are incorrect. i.e. Selecting 40’s gets you 60’s. Numerous wrong channel labels, etc. Have done all the Refresh, reset, hard reset, power cycle, profile delete and renew, etc. Long calls to XM, trouble tickets. All no good. So time to go to the source of the problem-Tesla. Work order submitted….I’ll keep bugging Tesla until they tell me to get lost.
CE7AA1F7-0357-4B24-A6DB-5FC53E854338.png

Reactions: DerbyDave
My Sirius icon appears and disappears with no discernible pattern between drives; at the start of a drive, it sometimes is there and sometimes is not. However, the icon does not disappear during drives if it is there at the beginning of a drive. If it is not there at the beginning of a drive, it might appear during the drive; or not. This is regardless of whether parked in a garage or being outside with a clear view to a clear sky. This has been going on for months... one day it might make sense to me.

I have AN EARLY 2021 Tesla S with the same no update issue. My 2013 Mercedes updated just fine when the changes were made. This clearly is not a high priority for Tesla, but it is making many users much less happy with their cars and Tesla should pay attention,

Tesla just called and canceled my appointment to get the XM fixed. The service rep in Palm Springs, CA. Told me it’s a known issue with code, and the engineers are working on it. Along with that, he said the Model S Plaid Driver Air Bag recall is still on order, and I would be advised when it’s available. So nothing gets fixed 😡

Thanks, yes, Sirius sent an update to refresh, have tried multiple times with no luck. Installed latest Tesla update today, still no luck. Guess next stop is opening a ticket with Tesla. Can't believe I am only Model S to have this issue.
I’m having the same problem the updated channel lineup is not reflected on model S. Also it’s not obvious how to enter direct channel numbers.

Direct Channel Number access was lost in an update in Fall 2020. They likely have a new programmer every time a change is made, so we get their impression of what the interface should look like and how it should perform. SiriusXM interface has been through some wild changes since my ownership started in 2020, few of which seem to be improvements, and few of which seem to actually work.

Thanks, yes, Sirius sent an update to refresh, have tried multiple times with no luck. Installed latest Tesla update today, still no luck. Guess next stop is opening a ticket with Tesla. Can't believe I am only Model S to have this issue.
I've had the same issue for almost two years now. Tesla has been of no help. I'm going to try again with them after this most recent update put me farther out of sync.

Reactions: Almost
I was hopeful the big December update would fix this. But, no such luck. Instead we get Tik Tok, Sonic The Hedgehog and other worthless stuff. Who sets the priorities? Does anyone even use that junk?
Also moving often use controls further away from the driver. Honestly am I the only person who adjusts seat heat more frequently than temperature and now it’s a level deeper

I was hopeful the big December update would fix this. But, no such luck. Instead we get Tik Tok, Sonic The Hedgehog and other worthless stuff. Who sets the priorities? Does anyone even use that junk?
I agree - who really cares about that stuff. Make Sirius and the whole media interface better. Tesla needs to fix the whole UI and media before they go into the nonsense stuff.

Reactions: CaptUAL
Sadly it shows the direction our society is headed. Tesla marketing is most likely not stupid, and has done market research to attract the class of people that find that kids junk important. Might be awhile until they fix XM.

Reactions: DBV1
Having the same issue. Tapped Broadway and I get 50s channel. Then I hit KidzBop and it’s the Broadway channel. Refreshed signal via SiriusXM but no luck.

Having the same issue. Tapped Broadway and I get 50s channel. Then I hit KidzBop and it’s the Broadway channel. Refreshed signal via SiriusXM but no luck.
Go to All Channels and they appear in general ascending order. Pick your favorite by new (reorganized) XM channel number (which doesn't appear until you select a channel). Then you can at least save the channels under favorites. Thumbnail is still wrong but at least you get your favorite channel (numbers) saved.